Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many O-Linemen should the Chargers draft?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #13
    Feliciano and Blythe are IOL.
    It takes a solid OT.

    Comment


    • #14
      0 was not a choice

      EDIT: I misread the poll. I thought it said how many Oline WILL the Chargers draft

      Comment


      • #15
        Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        Feliciano and Blythe are IOL.
        It takes a solid OT.
        I think the Chargers need 4 new starters - Bulaga is locked in. I will take better over last year any of the positions

        But yes, there is no doubt that LT is the number 1 priority for Tom Telesco this offseason. No doubt. In fact - there is not a second or third priority when compared to LT!

        Comment


        • #16
          Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Imo Staley will secure whatever pieces he needs for a top 5 defense primarily through FA so he doesn’t depend on rookies
          look for vets past their prime who will take less to work with Staley to regain their form/brand.
          The draft will be offense heavy and Lombardi will be tasked with simply improving the offense with hopefully 2 new starters on the OL one being a FA (Trent Williams) and the other a rookie (Slater), along with rookie depth to compete with Feeney and Tevi or whoever we resign.
          OC Joe Lombardi & OL coach Frank Smith have strong Saints roots where the OL starters are all 1st - 3rd rd Saints draft picks. That didn't happen in 1 season. I'm guessing that they will be inclined to want to see what they can do with Chargers current 2nd-3rd rd picks, Lamp, Feeney, Pipkins and that we will add a 1st rd OT.
          That won't be all but the top OT is an absolute need. Fortunately there will be top 3 quality available at 13 in this QB heavy draft.

          Comment


          • #17
            alot depends on FA.... and who is available when we draft?...... Chargers have needs at almost EVERY position so BPA is the way to go...... no reaching for OL(who can't cut it) just because we have needs.....

            Comment


            • #18
              Would love to see:

              Rashawn Slater in the 1st

              Quinn Meinerz in the 4th

              And a developmental, high potential guy in the 6th-7th. Someone to groom behind Bulaga, and can take over in ‘22.

              Here’s a few decent options:

              Foster Sarell, OT, Stanford - 6’7, 315

              Tommy Doyle, Miami (Ohio) - 6’8, 326

              Josh Ball, Marshal - 6’8, 310

              Dan Moore, Jr., Texas A&M - 6’5, 310

              Jaylen Moore, W. Mich - 6’4, 310

              Comment


              • #19
                Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                Would love to see:

                Rashawn Slater in the 1st

                Quinn Meinerz in the 4th

                And a developmental, high potential guy in the 6th-7th. Someone to groom behind Bulaga, and can take over in ‘22.

                Here’s a few decent options:

                Foster Sarell, OT, Stanford - 6’7, 315

                Tommy Doyle, Miami (Ohio) - 6’8, 326

                Josh Ball, Marshal - 6’8, 310

                Dan Moore, Jr., Texas A&M - 6’5, 310

                Jaylen Moore, W. Mich - 6’4, 310
                Meinerz is a developmental prospect.
                #13) P. Sewell (OT) UO/C. Farley (CB) VT
                #47) J. Tryon (EDGE) UW/W. Little (OT) STAN
                #77) Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) SU/P. Turner (EDGE) UH
                #97) Bobby Brown (IDL) TAMU/A. Cisco (DB) SU
                #118) S. Hutcherson (IOL) SC/T. Doyle (OT) MOH
                #159) K. Yeboah (TE) UMS/ M. Wilson (DB) UFL
                #185) D.Deablo (DB/DLB) VT/D. Hamlin (DB) PITT
                #198) Gerrid Doaks (RB) UC/J. Kaindoh (EDGE/DL) FSU
                #241) B.Stephens (DB) SMU/M. Strachan (WR/TE) CWV

                Comment


                • #20
                  Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

                  Meinerz is a developmental prospect.
                  Maybe Robert Hainsey then in the 4th, if he’s still available. He’s pretty NFL ready.

                  As a small school prospect, I’d say Meinerz is more NFL ready than Ben Bartsch was last year. Still, he’d be a good guy to develop. Wouldn’t surprise me if Meinerz became a starter by the end of the season.

                  Comment


                  • #21
                    Although he’s better suited to play guard in the NFL we probably shouldn’t sleep on 6’6, 332 lb Larry Borom.

                    Borom has put together a strong junior season, ranking as one of the top-graded linemen in the Southeastern Conference by Pro Football Focus. He's the SEC's second-rated offensive tackle overall with a season grade of 83.0 and has the highest pass-blocking grade (84.5). He's given up just four pressures all season and one sack on 324 pass plays. Borom missed several games with a lower leg injury but returned in recent weeks.

                    Comment


                    • #22
                      Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

                      Maybe Robert Hainsey then in the 4th, if he’s still available. He’s pretty NFL ready.

                      As a small school prospect, I’d say Meinerz is more NFL ready than Ben Bartsch was last year. Still, he’d be a good guy to develop. Wouldn’t surprise me if Meinerz became a starter by the end of the season.
                      Agreed.
                      Ali Marpet is recognized as a very solid player now too.
                      Staley.
                      Genius.

                      Comment


                      • #23
                        Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

                        Agreed.
                        Ali Marpet is recognized as a very solid player now too.
                        Yup. Market was a killer at the combine. Gotta feeling Spencer Brown’s gonna have a similar effect this year. Workout warriors.

                        Comment


                        • #24
                          Damn...

                          ...watching Tampa’s OL makes me jealous.
                          Insane guard play.

                          Scoring points for the ‘trencher’ argument.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X