X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    If there is a deal available to pick up Brown for Williams and a non first round pick, and we DO NOT pull the trigger, the FO is basically saying we DO NOT value an NFL starting Tackle over a WR2.
    That would be completely asinine.
    I disagree with the notion that it would be asinine not to trade Williams and as much as a second round pick to Baltimore for Brown.

Stanley starts at LT over Brown for a reason just as Allen is WR1 over Williams for a reason. Both Brown and Williams are good players. Neither is a great player. I think one could fairly argue that the two players are equal--high end second options.

Brown insists on playing LT and wants out of Baltimore if he cannot play LT. Williams is the epitome of a team player, not insisting on a larger role and willing to do what the team wants him to do.

Williams costs more this year, but Brown's contract is up after this year. And in an amazing coincidence Brown now insists on playing LT, a position that earns more than RT.

So, the first question is do we want Brown at all? I get that a ham sandwich is an improvement over Tevi, but Brown limits us at LT and he will undoubtedly want big LT money when his true value is only as a RT. Brown's willingness to play LT and only LT limits his value. If we draft an OT and that player is a better fit at LT than Brown, then I would want to play Brown where he best fits in the scheme and not be locked into playing him at LT without Brown throwing a hissy fit.

Would we be able to draft a LT that is better and cheaper for years than Brown will be after this year and keep Williams and our other draft pick that would, under the trade proposal you outline, be lost?

Also, players that demand to be traded are consistently valued at less than what otherwise might be their trade value. We have repeatedly seen this in trades over the years. Brown is equal to Williams in ability value, so why should our team offer any more than a straight up trade of Williams for Brown? I would say that Brown's demands and malcontent status in Baltimore at least offsets the higher salary Williams carries this year (and only this year).

The more I think about the possibility of trading for Brown, the less I like the idea.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Here is my take on OBJ.

Yes good RT, not some elite player but pretty good.

The Ravens had him at LT when Stanly got hurt. They saw Brown play LT for an X amount of games. Then proceeded to sign Stanley to an extention. That tells me, they think he is the better player for them at LT and when OBJ is squaking about he is a LT not a RT and they just say ok, we will trade you.

That tells me they think they can replace him at RT pretty easily in the draft and will do so,.... so for me, he isnt near worth a first round pick, and isnt worth a player like MW plus a 2nd.

Its why im only offering a 3rd and maybe another player but it sure isnt going to be MW. If they want a player involved as well, Turner they can use Kyzir they can use. Otherwise im not a player.

We pick 13th and even have trade down options for a LT.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Here is my take on OBJ.

The Ravens had him at LT when Stanly got hurt. The saw Brown play LT for an X amount of games. Then proceeded to sign Stanley to an extention. That tells me, they think he is the better player for them at LT and when OBJ is squaking about he is a LT not a RT and they just say ok, we will trade you. That tells me they think they can replace him at RT pretty easily in the draft and will do so so for me, he isnt near worth a first round pick, and isnt worth a player like MW plus a 2nd.

Its why im only offering a 3rd and maybe another player but it sure isnt going to be MW. If they want a player involved as well, Turner they can use Kyzir they can use. Otherwise im not a player.

Why trade for an OLT, which I don’t think Brown Jr. is, when we can just trade up for Penei?
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Why trade for an OLT, which I don’t think Brown Jr. is, when we can just trade up for Penei?
          Yep, thats another option.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Here is my take on OBJ.

The Ravens had him at LT when Stanly got hurt. They saw Brown play LT for an X amount of games. Then proceeded to sign Stanley to an extention. That tells me, they think he is the better player for them at LT and when OBJ is squaking about he is a LT not a RT and they just say ok, we will trade you.

That tells me they think they can replace him at RT pretty easily in the draft and will do so,.... so for me, he isnt near worth a first round pick, and isnt worth a player like MW plus a 2nd.

I’m not saying I know for sure OBJ is a legitimate LT, I definitely value other people’s opinion on the football fit
            but from what I understand, Ronnie Stanley IS an elite LT
            and if so, extending him doesn’t reflect poorly on OBJ
            but we’re on the same page with compensation
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Because Sewell would be the second best LG after that bad man in Indianapolis?
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2020
                • Send PM

Here is my take on OBJ.

The ronnie stanley extension was one week before he got injured

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Because Sewell would be the second best LG after that bad man in Indianapolis?
                  Thanks for the laugh.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

True, there are many factors we never know about.

Elway is a HOF QB and he can't pick a QB to save his ass either. He has many fails there. And Lock will be another.

I don't know anything about Seth Galina but there are many guys trying to be relevant.
                    Wasn't PFF the site that a couple guys from the UK started or was that Outsiders? Whichever, those guys were just fans of the game and not former players.

Anybody that has played football and understands it can watch tape and break down players if you have knowledge of their responsibilities in that position. Usually those that werent the best players are good at it because they didn't have the natural ability.

Some are better than others at it while some that suck somehow get paid big bucks,.. Like Kiper and Mcshay.....and those guys have contacts lol.

I suck at evaluating OL. Never played it, boring to watch but if I really want to see a guy, I'll force myself. Not saying at all I'm some guru either as I am not, but at least I have firsthand experience at RB, CB, Safety, a little WR and know what's its like to have pads on... Which does make a difference and what it's like to have a nagging injury.

I know I'm rambling and sorry about that but first thing I look at when I'm not familiar with a dude or a site is look up who they are to see what they have done or played if I can find it,. because many amateurs want to be some reporter type guy and there are also many on YouTube.

Mike Greenberg never played and I found it funny when Golic always had to correct his lame takes.
                    Here’s a 2015 article about PFF’s history. I personally think Footballoutsider does a better job with their analytics. Though it seems that all 32 NFL teams pull from PFF.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Here is my take on OBJ.

best thing for LT might just be for Telesco, Wooten, Staley, Smith, Sarrat and Lombardi to do their homework - and find the best LT option in the first round

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Here’s a 2015 article about PFF’s history. I personally think Footballoutsider does a better job with their analytics. Though it seems that all 32 NFL teams pull from PFF.
                        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....orth-analytics
                        Thats pretty funny actually. It is weird how some things catch on. Lots of useless things going n there being analysed by those who never played football, ...looking at it like we do on our computer screens the size of Youtube clips. Just reminds me of us here lol.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Thanks for the laugh.
                          Consider this if we target OBJ and Sewell
                          say we trade up in the first with next years 1st and 3rd for Sewell...
                          What if we trade for OBJ (MW and a third) and wait to commit to extending him, so giving him a chance to hit FA after a full season playing LT with us.
                          We extend OBJ if he crushes it AND if Sewell feels comfortable playing RT for the foreseeable future.
                          last thing I want is for Sewell to tweet a few years later that he’s a LEFT TACKLE haha
                          If Sewell is our LT hands down, we let OBJ walk and get the comp pick
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X