• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

OK,.....still dont make them or Stafford a malcontent. The Texans is a shit show right now and their owner started it off by making O'Brien a GM. Is the Son now in charge? Didnt the old man die? Or is that the Titans owner who died?
    The son is in charge of the Texans because his father Bob passed away and he’s an idiot. The Spanos are luckily not that level bad.

And I assumed that gzubeck’s comments regarding “malcontents” was tongue in cheek. But it all depends on the situation. I’m much more leery of someone like Orlando Brown than I am of someone like Watson. I also didn’t like Gordon’s, Weddle’s, or King’s holdout and public complaints. Which is to say I rarely side with the players unless there’s good reason to.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The son is in charge of the Texans because his father Bob passed away and he’s an idiot. The Spanos are luckily not that level bad.

And I assumed that gzubeck’s comments regarding “malcontents” was tongue in cheek. But it all depends on the situation. I’m much more leery of someone like Orlando Brown than I am of someone like Watson. I also didn’t like Gordon’s, Weddle’s, or King’s holdout and public complaints. Which is to say I rarely side with the players unless there’s good reason to.
      In football - more often than not I side with the players because as we will see in the next few weeks contracts can go away quickly. Granted, if you have somebody like Weddle - I think he had every right to ask but after he was told "not at this time" he should have shut it down. And I get that players know the deal about non guaranteed money but the owners do have the advantage with this labor deal.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In football - more often than not I side with the players because as we will see in the next few weeks contracts can go away quickly. Granted, if you have somebody like Weddle - I think he had every right to ask but after he was told "not at this time" he should have shut it down. And I get that players know the deal about non guaranteed money but the owners do have the advantage with this labor deal.
        With Weddle, it became a problem once he made it public. He also seemed to start half assing it his last year here because he didn’t get a new contract. I noticed a trend since the AJ Smith days til now. You will almost always get a new contract if you do all three of the following things well:
        1) Your play on the field.
        2) Your play off the field (no legal problems etc.)
        3) You don’t air your grievances publicly.

If you do all three, you usually stay with the team. It’s why Gates kept getting signed over and over again lol. He learned his lesson after 2005.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t think you understand the Watson situation. I followed it closely as well as talked to some knowledgeable Texan fans. It’s completely the FO fault especially Cal McNair and Jack Easterby.

For example, Watson never demanded to have a say. McNair actually went out of his way to tell Watson that he would have the say, and that Easterby would not be involved in the new GM and HC search. And then McNair obviously backslide badly. It was simply the straw that broke the camel’s back. And is also the reason that Watt is leaving.
          Don’t resign on the second biggest contract in NFL history with a team that is one straw away from breaking the camel’s back.
          If you’re a newly drafted QB and not a fan of the team that drafted you, you simply give them an ultimatum.
          Let them know what needs to change by what time or simply let them know you’ll be leaving the first chance at Free Agency
          If Herbert did this I’d be sad but I would understand
          if he resigns for a huge contract extension and decides he's fed up months later, id be very critical of him and rightfully so.
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
            Brown worries me considering how he showed up at the combine and now demanding to play LT for the payday. Could be another Turner, I will pass on him especially considering AVT and Little or another good prospect will be there with the top two picks.
            All the FA centers seem more trust worthy to me.
            What do you mean? How did he show up at the combine? Out of shape? If that’s it, my concern would be in drafting him, not trading for him after he’s produced actual NFL film.
            and the money part is just as assumption because he hasn’t actually stated the reason was for the money, he actually gave quite the opposite reason, which is tied to honoring his father’s words. Wts, I still say money is a good guess and believe it’s a primary motivator, but even if so, what does that mean to you? Does wanting to get paid significantly more somehow equate to being a fraud? If anything it’s a good sign that he understands his worth and has put that on himself to play like a top LT.
            I don’t see any glaring reason to distrust him.

I think Brown would flourish moreso pass blocking for a qb that isn’t LJ. I love watching LJ but he’s got to be one of the hardest guys to pass block for.
            as far as run blocking, I’m assuming he’s good there since the Ravens run so much and so dominantly, although I could be wrong
            also, while the whole situation began due to his aspirations to play left tackle, I think it’s safe to assume he would/could fit in at RT in a pinch/emergency, and we have much more positive film on him there at RT
            paralleling Brown’s prime with Herbert’s is very enticing for the worst OL in the NFL last year, particularly at LT.

like many have said, I’m not selling out for him, no first, I’m only interested if we’re able to take advantage of a bad situation for them.
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

What do you mean? How did he show up at the combine? Out of shape? If that’s it, my concern would be in drafting him, not trading for him after he’s produced actual NFL film.
              and the money part is just as assumption because he hasn’t actually stated the reason was for the money, he actually gave quite the opposite reason, which is tied to honoring his father’s words. Wts, I still say money is a good guess and believe it’s a primary motivator, but even if so, what does that mean to you? Does wanting to get paid significantly more somehow equate to being a fraud? If anything it’s a good sign that he understands his worth and has put that on himself to play like a top LT.
              I don’t see any glaring reason to distrust him.

I think Brown would flourish moreso pass blocking for a qb that isn’t LJ. I love watching LJ but he’s got to be one of the hardest guys to pass block for.
              as far as run blocking, I’m assuming he’s good there since the Ravens run so much and so dominantly, although I could be wrong
              also, while the whole situation began due to his aspirations to play left tackle, I think it’s safe to assume he would/could fit in at RT in a pinch/emergency, and we have much more positive film on him there at RT
              paralleling Brown’s prime with Herbert’s is very enticing for the worst OL in the NFL last year, particularly at LT.

like many have said, I’m not selling out for him, no first, I’m only interested if we’re able to take advantage of a bad situation for them.
              If the deal is MW and the comp 3rd round pick (or lower round pick) plus contingent on Brown signing a long term deal - I think that has to be discussed from the Chargers perspective. Otherwise just your FRP on a LT and call it good. You still have Williams, your 3rd round pick and you get an OT in the draft.

An MW/3rd for ZeusII actually makes sense for both teams. The Ravens need help at WR - they are not going to spend big money on another OT when they need to sign Jackson and Mark Andrews. I am sure they could work out a long term deal with Mike Williams. Jamison Hensley, Ravens blogger for ESPN mentioned signing AJ Green or Sammy Watkins. With this trade, RAvens get the WR, get the draft pick that can replace Brown and still have cap space. Its a Win Win. IF the Chargers get Brown -t hat does open the possibility of Waddle at 13 if need be.
              Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 02-17-2021, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

If the deal is MW and the comp 3rd round pick (or lower round pick) plus contingent on Brown signing a long term deal - I think that has to be discussed from the Chargers perspective. Otherwise just your FRP on a LT and call it good. You still have Williams, your 3rd round pick and you get an OT in the draft.

An MW/3rd for ZeusII actually makes sense for both teams. The Ravens need help at WR - they are not going to spend big money on another OT when they need to sign Jackson and Mark Andrews. I am sure they could work out a long term deal with Mike Williams. Jamison Hensley, Ravens blogger for ESPN mentioned signing AJ Green or Sammy Watkins. With this trade, RAvens get the WR, get the draft pick that can replace Brown and still have cap space. Its a Win Win. IF the Chargers get Brown -t hat does open the possibility of Waddle at 13 if need be.
                In a deep WR class they probably arent going to spend big for a WR either. They already spent a first round pick on 5'9", 170 lb Hollywood Brown. I dont get that one but they did and he isnt real productive but thats also probably more on Lamar's accuracy issues plus him running a lot. MW would be a good piece for them but at his contract status i dont know if they would want him.
                They can just draft another WR and the do have Durvaney who is a assending second year player with speed. Plus Popper mentioned he didnt think they want to trade him as they are still high on him.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

That's basically where I'm coming from, these trades have to make sense for both sides, I'd do MW and a 3

Ravens will not be able to extend, and franchise tag isn't realistic capwise, and just from a PR perspective. Ravens like to claim to be player friendly and high character organization so I don't see them forcing OBJ to play RT in 2022

I DO see them making him play there this season though, and that's the only leverage they have. It might be worth it for them to have a dominant RT for one more playoff push in 2021.

Look Ravens, it's a deep OL class, you generally have a good eye for OL talent, fill a hole with MW, use tje third to find another developmental RT, it's the best deal you'll find imo
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

In a deep WR class they probably arent going to spend big for a WR either. They already spent a first round pick on 5'9", 170 lb Hollywood Brown. I dont get that one but they did and he isnt real productive but thats also probably more on Lamar's accuracy issues plus him running a lot. MW would be a good piece for them but at his contract status i dont know if they would want him.
                    They can just draft another WR and the do have Durvaney who is a assending second year player with speed.
                    Given LJs accuracy issues, especially downfield, a guy like MW would be a perfect guy to marginalize mistakes, which is basically invaluable to the Ravens if MW can help make LJ a threat deep as well as a runner
                    I can see them extended MW and lowering cap hit
                    Like you, I value MW more than most, so it makes sense that they take this deal, especially because getting a rookie WR is still much of a risk and they're in win now mode
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

That's basically where I'm coming from, these trades have to make sense for both sides, I'd do MW and a 3

Ravens will not be able to extend, and franchise tag isn't realistic capwise, and just from a PR perspective. Ravens like to claim to be player friendly and high character organization so I don't see them forcing OBJ to play RT in 2022

I DO see them making him play there this season though, and that's the only leverage they have. It might be worth it for them to have a dominant RT for one more playoff push in 2021.

Look Ravens, it's a deep OL class, you generally have a good eye for OL talent, fill a hole with MW, use tje third to find another developmental RT, it's the best deal you'll find imo
                      Ravens are a smart team. Well run organization. Good scouting with Newsome now De Costa. Good head coach in Harbaugh. They have things going well

Today, they have Orlando Brown Jr for one more year with a cap hit of $1.1m. But they also probably realize, unless things drastically change with the cap - they will not be able to sign him next spring. They probably won't franchise him. So they lose him to free agency and get a comp pick in the spring of 2023. And they have to win the comp pick game to get that pick.

So if they are not signing Brown now - they should probably move him. Whether its the Chargers or another team - get the draft pick THIS year so you can draft your right tackle of the future and have them on a cheap contract for four or five years. Now maybe like you stated, the Ravens want to go all in this year - and why not. Win the Super Bowl and Brown can hit free agency. But they are usually thinking ahead and with the Bills and Chiefs - its still a grind to even get to the Super Bowl.

I think the odds are higher they trade him - just to what team. If the Ravens want Pipkins - maybe I throw them in

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I know you're joking about Pip but I can see that as a realistic want from them, unlike us, they develop their OL and may value Pip enough to do
                        OBJ for
                        MW, a 3 and Pip
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

I know you're joking about Pip but I can see that as a realistic want from them, unlike us, they develop their OL and may value Pip enough to do
                          OBJ for
                          MW, a 3 and Pip
                          I was joking but who knows. Maybe they think they could coach him up. I would have suggested Norton but he might have a future . Pipkins might too

Comment

Working...
                          X