• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Consider this if we target OBJ and Sewell
    say we trade up in the first with next years 1st and 3rd for Sewell...
    What if we trade for OBJ (MW and a third) and wait to commit to extending him, so giving him a chance to hit FA after a full season playing LT with us.
    We extend OBJ if he crushes it AND if Sewell feels comfortable playing RT for the foreseeable future.
    last thing I want is for Sewell to tweet a few years later that he’s a LEFT TACKLE haha
    If Sewell is our LT hands down, we let OBJ walk and get the comp pick
    I just don’t see MikeDub as being traded.
    I do not think Z2 fits our scheme and is not a value for us unless it’s for our comp 3rd straight up or a day 3 selection.
    That way the Ravens get the MAXIMUM comp value, they can hope for, 2 years early.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I do not think Z2 fits our scheme and is not a value for us unless it’s for our comp 3rd straight up or a day 3 selection.
      That way the Ravens get the MAXIMUM comp value, they can hope for, 2 years early.
      The Ravens should call the Jags - they have a bounty of draft picks and cap space. A draft pick today is better than hoping for a draft pick in two years. Comp picks are NOT guaranteed. Unless of course they realize they are going to lose him but thats worth it to have the best possible team in 2021.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I don't see MW being traded because of what he will make next year vs his production and injury history. Who would want that, along with him only being under a team's control for 1 year?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't see MW being traded because of what he will make next year vs his production and injury history. Who would want that, along with him only being under a team's control for 1 year?
          Well if the Chargers were to trade for Brown - as part of the deal would be extending him; same with Mike Williams. Both teams would want assurances the players they are trading for are around for 4-5 more years.

Comment

• bman6555
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Would Baltimore agree to swap 1sts for Brown? Their pick is #27, and via the trade value chart the difference in picks from ours is equivalent to the #32 pick if we throw in an extra 6th. They get their 1st round value, we get a tackle and keep a 1st round pick.

We could then use the late 1st on either another tackle to develop/backup Bulaga, or a top G/C.
            #13 is an awkward spot anyways as there really isn't value for any of our needs unless you think Slater is the guy or someone big falls, so I would welcome the trade down anyways.
            Last edited by bman6555; 02-17-2021, 07:30 PM. Reason: Edit: Baltimore has #27 not 28

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post
              Would Baltimore agree to swap 1sts for Brown? Their pick is #27, and via the trade value chart the difference in picks from ours is equivalent to the #32 pick if we throw in an extra 6th. They get their 1st round value, we get a tackle and keep a 1st round pick.

We could then use the late 1st on either another tackle to develop/backup Bulaga, or a top G/C.
              #13 is an awkward spot anyways as there really isn't value for any of our needs unless you think Slater is the guy or someone big falls, so I would welcome the trade down anyways.
              Some player that we didn't expect will drop to the #13. If not, and we can make a trade for another 2nd rounder, then I'm good with that too.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Welcome to TPB!
                Came out firing with an excellent first post.
                Great to have you on here!
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                  Fleet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha words out of my mouth.
              • Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Welcome. Good sound first take. Great idea imo. Be nice to hold onto 13 and trade next years 1 for the young stud OT. May be forced to part with 13 though if there is a bidding war.

Good to have you.

Comment

• bman6555
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Welcome. Good sound first take. Great idea imo. Be nice to hold onto 13 and trade next years 1 for the young stud OT. May be forced to part with 13 though if there is a bidding war.

Good to have you.
                  Good to be here! I don't know why but I'm not super excited with our pick options at #13 this year. It may be the odd college season and lack of exposure with the combine being cancelled hasn't led to the usual buzz. I think there will be a wider evaluation range for all the players between different teams more so than in regular years, so I'd rather get more darts to throw at the board. This may also dampen any bidding war, as I don't think teams want to give up the high draft picks knowing they'll have to also hand him a Tunsil contract as well. That said locking up a protector for Herbert's blindside for the next 7-10 years would be among the most useful future building blocks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Thats a pretty good idea. I like your thinking. The Ravens like you said get a higher pick in Rd 1 - they can use on WR or even a RT type and still get the Chargers 6th rounder.

Chargers get their OT but also flexibility at 27. Good plan

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats a pretty good idea. I like your thinking. The Ravens like you said get a higher pick in Rd 1 - they can use on WR or even a RT type and still get the Chargers 6th rounder.

Chargers get their OT but also flexibility at 27. Good plan
                      Jalean Philips at #27?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

With Linsley in FA along with a OLB trade and Jalean at 27 go Wyatt in the 2nd and in theory o line is fixed plus Defense gets real help.Just off season wishin but a man can dream.

Comment

Working...
                        X