• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    Did Butler get hurt on the block by Manning? I know Peyton felt the collision but I saw Butler on the field after the play was over. Any updates?
    He did get injured but I think (based on the footage I saw after the game) it wasn't the Manning hit that injured Butler, but the following hit from the pile that he ran into. They said it was a wrist injury.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

with all the talk of cutting Donald Brown for not playing up to his contract or not re-signing Mathews because of injuries, I wonder how much it would cost us to cut Butler?
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        with all the talk of cutting Donald Brown for not playing up to his contract or not re-signing Mathews because of injuries, I wonder how much it would cost us to cut Butler?
        He got $11.5 million guaranteed (signing bonus) so I believe they can cut him after this season and the $9.27 million cap hit is accelerated, which can be split into two years just like Meachem and Gaither were so it would be $4.635 million cap hit for 2015 and 2016.

-----

Donald Butler signed a 7 year contract extension with the San Diego Chargers on March 1, 2014. The total value of the contract is $51.8 million and it contains a $11.15 million signing bonus. In 2016 the Chargers must decide to pick up an option on Butler. The option is worth $12 million. If they fail to exercise the option the 2017 thru 2020 years of the contract will void. Butler can also earn escalators in the final years of the deal. Base salaries of the contract are $750,000(2014), $3,250,000(2015), $4,650,000(2016), $4,000,000(2017), $4,650,000(2018), $5,350,000(2019), and $6,000,000(2020).

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Save the cap hit, he'd make a good backup.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

He is also injury prone:

Eric Williams ‏@eric_d_williams 21m21 minutes ago
            Mike McCoy confirmed Donald Butler suffered a dislocated elbow. He's a possible IR candidate.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
              He got $11.5 million guaranteed (signing bonus) so
              I believe they can cut him after this season and the $9.27 million cap hit is accelerated, which can be split into two years just like Meachem and Gaither were so it would be $4.635 million cap hit for 2015 and 2016.

-----

Donald Butler signed a 7 year contract extension with the San Diego Chargers on March 1, 2014. The total value of the contract is $51.8 million and it contains a $11.15 million signing bonus. In 2016 the Chargers must decide to pick up an option on Butler. The option is worth $12 million. If they fail to exercise the option the 2017 thru 2020 years of the contract will void. Butler can also earn escalators in the final years of the deal. Base salaries of the contract are $750,000(2014), $3,250,000(2015), $4,650,000(2016), $4,000,000(2017), $4,650,000(2018), $5,350,000(2019), and $6,000,000(2020).
              What the fuck were the Chargers thinking? He was never worth that.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                Save the cap hit, he'd make a good backup.
                A very expensive backup, as he is scheduled to make $3.25 million next year. Unless it turns out he's really toxic in the locker room or something, I think he'll stick around for another year since cutting him only saves $800k or so in cap space.

I wonder what they're going to do with the RB position. I can't see Mathews coming back even at a good price. He has crazy talent but just misses too many games. Donald Brown is scheduled to make $3 million next year. He's not worth that either. They can cut him and take a $2.16 million cap hit.

I like TT's draft picks so far but he needs to step it up big time with his signings.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

It's pretty apparent that the draft is not enough to accumulate enough talent to make a SB run. There have to be strategic FA signings of high quality starters to improve the squad. With cap hell being over, we'll see if the Spani will shell out the money.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                    A very expensive backup, as he is scheduled to make $3.25 million next year. Unless it
                    turns out he's really toxic in the locker room or something, I think he'll stick around for another year since cutting him only saves $800k or so in cap space.

I wonder what they're going to do with the RB position. I can't see Mathews coming back even at a good price. He has crazy talent but just misses too many games. Donald Brown is scheduled to make $3 million next year. He's not worth that either. They can cut him and take a $2.16 million cap hit.

I like TT's draft picks so far but he needs to step it up big time with his signings.
                    I don't like the draft picks. Too injury prone. And some just haven't been good. Allen is probably the best pick, but even he hasn't been good with consistency. I can't think of another era in which wide receivers have been this bad at getting open. Fluker is overrated. I'm trying to think of another draft pick who plays in many games. Maybe Watt? Looks like he might still need time on the practice squad.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                      I don't like the draft picks. Too injury prone. And some just haven't been good. Allen is probably the best pick, but even he hasn't been good with consistency. I can't think of another era in which wide receivers have been this bad at getting open. Fluker is overrated. I'm trying to think of another draft pick who plays in many games. Maybe Watt? Looks like he might still need time on the practice squad.
                      There are so many issues with the o-line this year without Hardwick and Clary in there it's hard to single out Fluker or Watt. Watt is playing a position he's never done before and Fluker just may need someone better next to him than Troutman or maybe he needs to be moved inside (though he had a great game yesterday against Von Miller). I'd like to see Watt moved back to guard.

Verrett has obvious great talent and it's too early to call him a Ryan Mathews. Carrethers looks like he could be a late round gem. Attouchu is a raw player and needs more time to develop but he's showing flashes that should excite people. Look at how long it's taken Ingram to finally take off and he was a much more polished player. The only pick that looks like a true scrub is Tourek Williams but he was a late round pick so no big deal there.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

He was the only prominent ILB who was on the pending free agency list. Butler hasn't played to the value of the contract, but Telesco went for the devil he knew, vs. someone else out there.

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

If he had played at the level he had been in the past, it wouldn't have been a bad contract.

Comment

Working...
                          X