• Send PM

Maybe they are saving Mel for LA...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

It's a make or break year for Butler. I hope he returns to form.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        It's a make or break year for Butler. I hope he returns to form.
        If Butler returns to form, he'll be broken by week 4. Still can't believe we gave him a fat contract extension.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Your as optimistic and open minded as Qir I mean Qsmokey!
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Your as optimistic and open minded as Qir I mean Qsmokey!
            I'm optimistic about the team this year - not about Butler. The dude gets injured just about every season. Extending his contract made about as much sense as if the Chargers had extended Mathews' contract. Actually worse. At least Mathews never did a stupid look-at-me dance while we were getting our asses whooped in a do-or-die game.

I think the team knows it fucked up with that contract extension too - we used a high draft pick to get another inside linebacker this year.

Things I'm not high on this year (yea, I know I'm setting myself up) - center, Butler, the Spanoses, the receivers, Reich, the entire defensive line.
            Things I'm high on this year - runningback, our new guard, having a new backup tackle, P. Manning being a year older, the Raiders still sucking.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

He said high on.... Huh aheh huhuh.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

High On!

This message approved by Mr High Hoarse
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I guess we're Cheech, Chong, and the guy on the couch. Maybe somebody can set us up with our own thread so we don't ruin the whole neighborhood.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

The problem is that when Donald Butler is on, he is close to being a complete 3 down LB, who can do a little bit of everything. There just aren't many guys who can do that coming out of college, so if we wanted a guy like that, we had to overpay to keep him off the FA market. Every team wants the next Patrick Willis, but most seasons there are not any top ILB coming out. It leaves a big gap in terms of roster building.

Teo is never going to have the long speed to be the ideal guy, and he can't turn and run with 3rd down backs. He is OK against most TE, but even then he just lacks the long speed that is ideal for some matchups.

The only option with not going out and overpaying for an underachiever type and trying to turn him into the guy you want is to just accept that LB suck in pass coverage and play more dime and quarters coverage. That means a lot more high picks on DB, and we are still struggling to get the 5 guys in our regular D set, let alone go out and get more key contributors. And even then you struggle getting all the players enough reps in practice.

Comment

Working...
                    X