• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Anybody seen the Ryan Leaf video re VJ's death?

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Pretty powerful indeed.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Saw it as well, very powerful, but also it was very powerful to read the comments, a lot of peope just don't get it.

At first I thought "youngsters just being youngsters" but no... youngsters dont have any idea who Ryan Leaf is.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Details are beginning to emerge surrounding the death of Vincent Jackson, the former NFL star who was found dead in a Florida hotel room on Monday. Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister appea…

Details are beginning to emerge surrounding the death of Vincent Jackson, the former NFL star who was found dead in a Florida hotel room on Monday.
          Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister appeared on the “MJ Morning Show” on Tampa radio station Q105 Wednesday and discussed some of the key findings of the autopsy report. One of them was that Jackson was suffering from “chronic alcoholism.”

“Just tragic,” Chronister said. “We haven’t got the toxicology report back, so we can’t say with any certainty that that was it, but a lot of long-standing health conditions that contributed to his passing because of some alcohol abuse.”
          The sheriff said the autopsy report will be released Wednesday for the 38-year-old, and though he admitted it was “speculation,” he said he was told the former Tampa Bay Buccaneer was staying at the hotel in Brandon, Fla., because he was suffering from CTE — brain deterioration caused by repeated head trauma.
          “[The family believes] wholeheartedly that all of these actions are a result of what he suffered from while he played in the NFL,” Chronister said.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            https://nypost.com/2021/02/17/vincen...death-sheriff/

Details are beginning to emerge surrounding the death of Vincent Jackson, the former NFL star who was found dead in a Florida hotel room on Monday.
            Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister appeared on the “MJ Morning Show” on Tampa radio station Q105 Wednesday and discussed some of the key findings of the autopsy report. One of them was that Jackson was suffering from “chronic alcoholism.”

“Just tragic,” Chronister said. “We haven’t got the toxicology report back, so we can’t say with any certainty that that was it, but a lot of long-standing health conditions that contributed to his passing because of some alcohol abuse.”
            The sheriff said the autopsy report will be released Wednesday for the 38-year-old, and though he admitted it was “speculation,” he said he was told the former Tampa Bay Buccaneer was staying at the hotel in Brandon, Fla., because he was suffering from CTE — brain deterioration caused by repeated head trauma.
            “[The family believes] wholeheartedly that all of these actions are a result of what he suffered from while he played in the NFL,” Chronister said.
            Sad shit man. Sucks his potentual CTE leads to him drinking. Just a sad thing for his family. VJ was a good dude and gave a lot to others.

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sad shit man. Sucks his potentual CTE leads to him drinking. Just a sad thing for his family. VJ was a good dude and gave a lot to others.
              I don't think CTE caused his drinking. I think he was already doing that. The combination of both however are and were obviously a death sentence. alcohol is a depressant and CTE causes great depression. Double whammy. Really sad.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I don't think CTE caused his drinking. I think he was already doing that. The combination of both however are and were obviously a death sentence. alcohol is a depressant and CTE causes great depression. Double whammy. Really sad.
                Yes, I think VJ has had a drinking problem for some time pre-CTE. It was apparent when had multiple DUI arrests as a Charger. But I also think if he developed CTE symptoms that were plaguing him later in and after his career, it would be a catalyst for increased alcoholism.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Yes, I think VJ has had a drinking problem for some time pre-CTE. It was apparent when had multiple DUI arrests as a Charger. But I also think if he developed CTE symptoms that were plaguing him later in and after his career, it would be a catalyst for increased alcoholism.
                  I don't doubt it at all. Speaking from personal experience, it's a vicious cycle. You get depressed because you drink but then you drink so you don't feel anything.

Comment

• Rugger05
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I don't doubt it at all. Speaking from personal experience, it's a vicious cycle. You get depressed because you drink but then you drink so you don't feel anything.
                    And that is a reason why I quit drinking over two years ago.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Vicious cycle is right.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

@JennaLaineESPN: A spokesperson for Vincent Jackson’s family told me that Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister “does not speak on behalf of the Jackson family” after Chronister said on local radio this morning that Jackson may have suffered from “chronic alcoholism” https://es.pn/3puWVYk

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          @JennaLaineESPN: A spokesperson for Vincent Jackson’s family told me that Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister “does not speak on behalf of the Jackson family” after Chronister said on local radio this morning that Jackson may have suffered from “chronic alcoholism” https://es.pn/3puWVYk
                          If the medical examiner sees a seriously damaged liver then it's safe to conclude he's an alcoholic. Jackson always looked melancholy and now we know why the chargers really didn't want to re-sign him. We we're always told that he had an attitude problem but I think his potential substance abuse was a bigger issue. Even after his death the family is trying to hide this.
                          Last edited by gzubeck; 02-17-2021, 05:54 PM.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X