• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Nice article on VJ
    He’ll remember the gags. The time Vincent Jackson told him he wanted to transfer to CU. The autograph seekers in Montana who refused to let him go. The bachelor party in Palm Springs where he picke…

Comment

• SBbound
      Casual fanatic
      • Feb 2019
      • Merced/San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Even after his death the family is trying to hide this.
      Not uncommon at all. Hard to comprehend not being in their shoes, especially at such a terrible time.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Alcoholism is a disease, not a lack of character. Addiction is hereditary, like heart disease. Both run rampant in my extended families. It's time to remove the stigma from alcoholism. People shouldn't feel shame for falling victim to a disease. Neither should their families.

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

sad when i saw this in my google news feed in the AM the other day. I really liked him as a beast WR. wish Mike Williams would've developed like VJ did...similar builds but VJ was a better route runner.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
            sad when i saw this in my google news feed in the AM the other day. I really liked him as a beast WR. wish Mike Williams would've developed like VJ did...similar builds but VJ was a better route runner.
            VJ and MW are on very similar career paths statistically.

Each with in first 4 seasons......
            1 - 1000 yard seasons.
            0 - seasons of 60+ receptions

MW has more total receptions, yards, TDs in their first 4 seasons. They both played in 56 games over the first 4 seasons. A solid comparison.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
              Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

1 - 1000 yard seasons.

MW has more total receptions, yards, TDs in their first 4 seasons. They both played in 56 games over the first 4 seasons. A solid comparison.
              I remember VJack taking a while to develop. But once he did, he was a beast. I'm not sure MWill will reach VJack's level. I hope so, as long as he does it as a Charger. VJack had speed that MWill doesn't have. VJack had the ability to create separation. MWill doesn't seem to have that ability. He's not fast or particularly shifty like KAll. His game seems to be mostly about winning contest catches, unless it's a blown coverage or the defender falls down.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                I remember VJack taking a while to develop. But once he did, he was a beast. I'm not sure MWill will reach VJack's level. I hope so, as long as he does it as a Charger. VJack had speed that MWill doesn't have. VJack had the ability to create separation. MWill doesn't seem to have that ability. He's not fast or particularly shifty like KAll. His game seems to be mostly about winning contest catches, unless it's a blown coverage or the defender falls down.
                Disagree.

RIP VJ

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  VJ... was our #1 WR then from 2007 on along with Gates. We also had Chambers. MW is our #2.
                  Keenan gets 150 targets a year. VJ had three seasons over 100 targets with us. MW has zero. Id also bet MW is faster than VJ.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-18-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

VJ... was our #1 WR then from 2007 on along with Gates. MW is our #2. We also had Chambers. Keenan gets 150 targets a year. VJ had three seasons over 100 targets with us. MW has zero. Id also bet MW is faster than VJ.
                    Comparing careers beyond 4 years is irrelevant until both have the same # of years.
                    MikeDub’s best years are ahead just like VJ’s past year 4.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Saw a good view by former Charger Greg Camarillo on IG. It was from a tweet, but I'm not on Twitter. Worth a read of somebody can add a link. CTE or not, that's got to be depressing on it's own.

Not sure if this works or not ​​​https://mobile.twitter.com/catchcama...60164511948801
                      Last edited by JOJAX85; 02-18-2021, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

1 - 1000 yard seasons.

Not only that, but Williams is producing comparable stats while losing targets due to Allen winning quickly and getting a lot of early targets. Jackson was always the #1 guy in his prime for us. Williams has never been the #1 guy for us. If Allen were out for an extended period, I would expect Williams' stats to increase significantly.

The biggest differences I see are that Jackson was ever so slightly faster (half of a tenth of a second in his 40 time), but Williams' greatest strength of winning the ball in the air was actually a weakness with Jackson, who had the annoying habit of letting the ball fall into his torso at times instead of going and getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

VJ... was our #1 WR then from 2007 on along with Gates. We also had Chambers. MW is our #2.
                          Keenan gets 150 targets a year. VJ had three seasons over 100 targets with us. MW has zero. Id also bet MW is faster than VJ.
                          Don't make that bet. Jackson's 40 time was very slightly faster (half of a tenth of a second).

I agree completely with your point about targets.

Comment

Working...
                          X