• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Expectations for 2015?

I feel like this franchise is in a weird spot right now. This is the infamous third year "push" that everybody talks about, or at least subconsciously thinks about. But this team hasn't won double digit regular season games since 2009 and has only one playoff win since then - against the bumbling Bengals and Andy freakin' Dalton. We've been a 7-to-9 win team during that span - the definition of mediocre to slightly above average. We have a franchise QB but still struggle to find decent guys to block for him. Some of the same issues continue to plague this team headed into now the third year of this supposed new regime. And I'm not going to even get into the injuries and other bizarre shit that seems to hover over this team. And honestly while I like McCoy....I gotta admit, I still haven't had that "a-ha" moment to really feel like he is THE guy to take us to the promised land. Like I've never felt "Wow, he really out-coached the fuck out of the other team!"

This is TT's third year....and while he still has an entire off-season in front of him....do you guys feel like this team is markedly better than when he took over? We've been a playoff-competitive team since he got here, but weren't we with Norv too? I feel like this team is just "stuck." Both lines are riddled with holes. We lack speed on offense. We lack toughness on defense. We have no running game. We just can't seem to find traction. The optimist would say, "Yet we still won 9 games." You're right - largely because of the heroics of Rivers. So why the fuck aren't we going balls to the wall every year to surround him with layer upon layer of protection and talent?

We really need to tread carefully here. Rivers isn't getting any younger. He's seen all his OL buddies retire/move on and he himself has had his share of injuries. You're kidding yourself if you think he's gonna play another 5-6 years. His family is way more important to him and he'd probably rather walk away and be able to still play with his kids than to risk his health (just my guess here). So I really hope we can get better in a hurry. Honestly for me...anything less than an AFC Championship appearance at this point would be a let down. I don't know if we're at that "desperation" point where we need to be signing break-the-bank FAs or take risks on poor character/high talent guys...but at some point very soon Gates will be gone. Then so will Rivers.

Sorry for the rant...just tired of seeing the same fuckers hoisting a trophy every year while we're left holding our dicks. I'm really trying hard to see what TT's vision is for this team now heading into his 3rd year...because right now it's Rivers, Gates, some supporting pieces and not much else.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I expect a bashing and grinding of teeth.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

It's a push year for TT and MM. It's time to show improvement. The honeymoon is over and AJ can no longer be used as an excuse.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The dreaded push year is back...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

It is. Don't forget the angry villagers with their pitchforks.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

This is TT's first chance to make some moves without the dead cap money. But judging this team at this point involves more than who we draft or sign via FA. It's more about who survives 16 games without going on IR. Doesn't matter how much talent we have if they're in a boot on the sidelines most of the year.

My expectation is to see this addressed somehow. Has there even been a public acknowledgement of the problem? That would be a good start, and I wouldn't feel like they were making excuses.

Comment

• Faded blues
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

From 2004 to 2007

Best team
              In football

Our core plAyers are old

The young ones get injured too often.

Lack of depth

it is time for Tt and mm to show they can fill a roster with Mathews sea and butlers ne cause we need depth more than talent right now

Comment

• vinabolt
                Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                • Feb 2015
                • Send PM

I just want the team to be a consistent playoff member. I rather be those Manning/Dungy led IND than the Jon Gruden led TB won a fluky SB and disappear. If we can't be like NE or SEA I want us to be like BAL, PITT, DEN, PHI, IND, AZ. I don't want to have these feeling when we were fighting, crawling, begging for other teams to lose to get to the playoff anymore.

TT seems like a good personnel guy. But I loss some confidence in MM this season. It seem like McCoy is a great assistance, planner, not the best guy you want to direct the troops and make quick and accurate decision on the battle field. We all saw his on field clumsiness similar to Norv. Hopefully he will improves.
                Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I expect another growth year as I think the team as a whole is 2-3 years away. I think the team will need to start looking for the next franchise QB as well. Which kills me.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    I expect another growth year as I think the team as a whole is 2-3 years away. I think the team will need to start looking for the next franchise QB as well. Which kills me.
                    LOL....It's not 1964, every team in the NFL is at the most 2-3 years away.
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      LOL....It's not 1964, every team in the NFL is at the most 2-3 years away.
                      There are teams with a core of young players that make up the team. The known core guys for the Chargers are all vets other than Allen and Ingram.
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        There are teams with a core of young players that make up the team. The known core guys for the Chargers are all vets other than Allen and Ingram.
                        What about your core boy T'eo?

Comment

Working...
                        X