• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

I wouldn't worry about Rivers age wise. He'll be with the Bolts for a long time. He is far younger than Manning and Brady. I think he is the most accurate deep ball thrower in the league. He is the best QB in Chargers history (I think he is better than Fouts).

I do worry somewhat with his patient and calmness on the field.
    Last edited by vinabolt; 02-05-2015, 01:04 AM.
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• BoltBacker
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Las Vegas, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
      I wouldn't worry about Rivers age wise. He'll be with the Bolts for a long time. He is far younger than Manning and Brady. I think he is the most accurate deep ball thrower in the league. He is the best QB in Chargers history (I think he is better than Fout).

I do worry somewhat with his patient and calmness on the field.
      Who is Fout?
      Rivers has 5+ years easy, everyone around here is getting over dramatic with the Rivers replacement crap. Quarterbacks are protected now more than ever so the comparison to Elway is invalid, plus Elway took many more hits due to his aggressive running when he was younger.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Bring back Yuba. The board IQ is dropping
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Rivers has 5+ years? I disagree. I'll be surprised if he's still in the league in 5 years. Like someone said earlier he's too much of a family man. If this back injury thing lingers and becomes chronic he could retire much sooner than anticipated. I seriously don't see him playing until he's 40 and he'll be 34 next year.
          sigpic

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

100% agree

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
            I think the goal of an NFL team should be to become an annual 11 wins team. A lot of teams has missed the playoff with 10 wins. Matt Cassel led NE team in 2008 missed the playoff with 11 wins.

It's easier and more realistic to focuses on becoming a regular, consistent winner than to focuses on winning the Super Bowl. It takes a lot of lucky breaks (including injuries, officiating) go your way to win a SB.

When you have become a consistent winner, you have greater chance of winning the SB.

At this moment the Chargers have not become a consistent winner. I think they should focuses on that goal.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              Rivers has 5+ years? I disagree. I'll be surprised if he's still in the league in 5 years. Like someone said earlier he's too much of a family man. If this back injury thing lingers and becomes chronic he could retire much sooner than anticipated. I seriously don't see him playing until he's 40 and he'll be 34 next year.
              He also sat his first few years in the league.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I will be putting 100 each on bolts Winning AFC west, AFC championship, SB and rivers MVP. ��

Comment

• vinabolt
                  Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                  • Feb 2015
                  • Send PM

Yes, Rivers is a family man. But Brady is a family man, too. Actually the family background of Rivers and the Brady are very similar. Both families are religious, great people. Rivers and Brady is the same in that they have no other thing to focus on besides family and football. They don't do business, they don't party, they don't do anything else except for family time and doing things that help their football career. They are both a stay-at-home-dad type.

The reason why Brady still performs in an elite level at this age is because he is doing personal training with a geek, health expert, "mad scientist" kind of guy in Alex Gurrerro, in addition to team training. As a leader, you can't go doing your own things and not participate in team trainings. That article in NFL.com went to great details on the sacrifice and the works that Brady put in, the unorthodox training, the limited diets, the amount of food that he allows to eat. It's a sacrifice.

All the things Brady said in his interview about his personal lives is actually true. This guy have nothing else to do except for stay at home doing his facebook and spends most of the time left to do his football things everyday in the year. His wife doing all the businesses.

Rivers is the same in that sense. But if he wants longevity like Brady he probably have to get an expert and train personally in addition to team training.
                  Last edited by vinabolt; 02-05-2015, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Watching the Hardwick retirement, I think that could take a lot out of Rivers. I knew Rivers would miss Hardwick but I was surprised at how emotional he was at the press conference. Plus, Clary and Dielman are also gone, also because of injury.

The only thing that keeps me hopeful is that you know deep down Rivers wants to win so badly and he truly does love the game. Maybe that will help him stick around for a few more years but I don't know if he'll wind up playing as long as Brady or Manning. I used to think so but I'm not so sure anymore and his strange comments at the end of the season to Acee still linger.

Comment

• vinabolt
                      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                      • Feb 2015
                      • Send PM

Rivers is similar to Farve and Brady in that they love football so much and this is the only thing they know. They don't do anything else and they don't like to do anything else. Those 3 wants to play until they are 60.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Las Vegas, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                        He is 33 now, five years puts him at 38 which I see no reason he won't make. Being a family man will not cut him short but make him want to play a bit longer so his kids can watch him play. His whole family seems to eat and drink football. So barring a severe injury that a QB of any age could get he makes 38 easy. As far as his back, how they treat his next contract will be telling. TT is on record saying they will be working on a long term extension this off-season. Telesco knows much more than any of us the extent of Rivers back issue and he wants to do the extension so the back must not be that bad.

Brady is 37 and going strong, Manning 38 and only now showing his age. Drew Brees 36, only 6 foot tall and looking to be good for at least another 2-4 yrs.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • SoDak
                          • Technology Director
                          • Send PM

I like to think Rivers will be around for 5 more years, but you never know.

Injuries, concussions, etc, etc.. He does have about 87 children to take care of, once his career is over.

We just don't know.
                          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
                          X