• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Aside from winning a SB, you have Bezos become the owner of your NFL franchise? Here's some benefits.

-At NFL meetings you have bigwigs, other owners, even the commish kissing Bezo's bossoms
    -Raider fans that order stuff on Amazon will directly support the Chargers
    -Kroenke would bend over backwards to ensure Bezos keeps the Chargers as tenants
    -Koenke personally gives up his parking space to Bezos
    -NFL refs get Amazon Prime, Firesticks, and Echos for free
    -Implements Alexa to spy on other teams
    -He can buy out KC, have the Chargers win the SB in 2021, KC in 2022, then go buy an NFC team, swap KC with said NFC team, have Chargers vs KC in the SB in 2023.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The only team that has rebranded is the Ravens. I'm talking since the last 50+ years. They rebranded often when teams were getting established. But for me, if they leave LA and CA, I'd probably be done anyways. Rebranded and left for say Texas, for sure id be done.

​​​​​​A new owner going back to SD would be sweet. Bezos can then built a stadium himself and put it where ever he wants.
      Won't need the piss poor city counsel whining about everything.
      Oilers- Titans, Redskins- WFT.

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Chargers have one of the best jerseys in the NFL with the powder blues. Furthermore, Chargers isn’t specific to a city like the Oilers were. WFT is changing the name because their name was offensive to many. Chargers isn’t an offensive name. Maybe if somebody lost a family member to a lightning strike.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The crazy thing, is that if Bezos bought the team, it would only be 1.5% of his fortune (2.7 Billion purchase price, opposed to a 180 Billion fortune).

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I’m down to be at the Super Bowl one day seeing Roger Goodell hand Chargers owner Jeff Bezos the Lombardi trophy.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
              Aside from winning a SB, you have Bezos become the owner of your NFL franchise? Here's some benefits.

-At NFL meetings you have bigwigs, other owners, even the commish kissing Bezo's bossoms
              -Raider fans that order stuff on Amazon will directly support the Chargers
              -Kroenke would bend over backwards to ensure Bezos keeps the Chargers as tenants
              -Koenke personally gives up his parking space to Bezos
              -NFL refs get Amazon Prime, Firesticks, and Echos for free
              -Implements Alexa to spy on other teams
              -He can buy out KC, have the Chargers win the SB in 2021, KC in 2022, then go buy an NFC team, swap KC with said NFC team, have Chargers vs KC in the SB in 2023.
              Coach Belicheat approves...

Spygate
              Deflategate
              Helmetgate
              IR Gate
              Alexagate...

...it never ends...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                Chargers have one of the best jerseys in the NFL with the powder blues. Furthermore, Chargers isn’t specific to a city like the Oilers were. WFT is changing the name because their name was offensive to many. Chargers isn’t an offensive name. Maybe if somebody lost a family member to a lightning strike.
                And yet it took Deano to move the team to LA to permanently make the jerseys the powder blues. Many years in San Diego it was asked "why are not these the full time uniforms"

I mean, I doubt he even ever sells the team and thought of moving back to San Diego - not happening, But Dean is a terrible owner - the record speaks for itself. He is just not very smart.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Trust own 36% of Chargers?

650 relocation fee + 200 g4 loan

850 total, 36% of this - we looking at 306 million.

47 mils including intrest on debt looks better.

So probably the debt without 36% ownership of Chargers is approx ??? Let soone take educated financial guess

As Dean loves to be in charge of Chargers Dea prefer trust it is about their egos nothingnless nothing more.
                  I think it’s about money, not egos, plain and simple. Dea wants to get paid now. Dean said 2024. She’s just trying to push that date up. Either way, Spanos are lame duck owners.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Goodbye Dean, goodbye Johnny, goodbye AG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I think it’s about money, not egos, plain and simple. Dea wants to get paid now. Dean said 2024. She’s just trying to push that date up. Either way, Spanos are lame duck owners.
                      lame and lame duck owners.

On twitter - there are LA Charger fans - (I refuse to call them LA, I am denial, they are the Chargers to me) - but people on twitter are more sympathetic to Dean than I am, who don't think Spanos is that bad; doesn't understand why fans hate him, etc

I don't hate Dean Spanos. I just think he is a crappy owner and probably one of the least competent owners in professional sports. He has yet to realize the best way for his team to win is stay the hell away - take the boys, take the cousins, take anybody on the family tree and get them the hell out of the building. Period. I know the issues of San Diego, the city, county etc. But when he hired Fabiani over Steeg and secondly, made the vote for downtown only and not mission valley - take that pigskin, turn it sideways, shine that sumbitch up really good Dean and ...

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

The way I read this situation is the Trust the parents established is what is really what is at issue for what they have done within it. 83% of the trust is the 36% of the franchise ownership which is not liquid but should be getting profit from the overall franchise. With the loans taken the trust cant cover payments well is what is being said to go along with the other charity the trust is trying to handle. Redoing loans in a market with rates dropping is a beneficial action in my opinion as it reduces your payment amounts if loan rates are reduced. Dea as a cotrustee has to be looking at what the intent of the trust is...is it specified the trust is to maintain the Chargers ownership as part of its mission or is it to be for the beneficiaries being the kids? We just dont know but there must be a reason why the trust is there....im assuming to manage estate taxes that occurred at the parents passing. I see no reason if it cant handle its debt payments they cant sell off part of the 36% but it wouldnt take all of it to generate the cash to handle the payments. The kids can also get loans to buy the shares and that would be a solution. I cant see why the jump to the conclusion of selling the entire franchise is even being assumed here. I just dont see that happening....people are jumping to conclusions.

Im assuming Dea disagrees with even owning the franchise in general and wants to walk away with her fair share here as the franchise is a pretty illiquid investment. Find a buyer for her percent and let her out. Sell part of the trust shares to create the needed finances. If the boys can pony up the $ fine....if not then there are buyers out there.

Frankly im not completely sure if Bezos is who id want as an owner. Yes he has been successful on an original idea of his business and is a smart guy. However ive heard enough of him as a leader from within Amazon to make me not be sold on him. He has a reputation that isnt so positive. Just because hes rich doesnt mean he would know how to lead an NFL franchise. His now exwife is pretty damn rich though....

i think this will get handled with the NFL guidance. They want to avoid media so i can see them stepping in to work a solution out off screen.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

lame and lame duck owners.

On twitter - there are LA Charger fans - (I refuse to call them LA, I am denial, they are the Chargers to me) - but people on twitter are more sympathetic to Dean than I am, who don't think Spanos is that bad; doesn't understand why fans hate him, etc

I don't hate Dean Spanos. I just think he is a crappy owner and probably one of the least competent owners in professional sports. He has yet to realize the best way for his team to win is stay the hell away - take the boys, take the cousins, take anybody on the family tree and get them the hell out of the building. Period. I know the issues of San Diego, the city, county etc. But when he hired Fabiani over Steeg and secondly, made the vote for downtown only and not mission valley - take that pigskin, turn it sideways, shine that sumbitch up really good Dean and ...
                          Eh. In terms of meddling, I think they’re pretty middle of the pack if not on the lower tier. There are far worse owners like Snyder, Jones, McNair, Haslem etc. I didn’t even knew Dean existed until the Marty and AJ incident.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍