• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Do you think any other franchise would hire the other owners’ kids?
    Depends on the kids. But let’s stick with Spanos

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

lolololol TPB.

Pull your heads out...
      Dont step on our dreams

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Depends on the kids. But let’s stick with Spanos
        I can see John. I don’t know as much about the other kids.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Good question.

And I can only go by record but since John Boy has been in the office, Staley is the third coach and I think at most two playoffs but maybe McCoy went his first year so he pre-dated John Boy. If that is true - one playoff under John Boy.
          Whether having family in major roles works for another team or doesn;'t work doesn't matter - if the Spanii are in the building

Hell I will still root for them. I rooted for the Padres with the Werner and Moores crap - I will root for the Chargers. Haven't found another team. But just my assertion if the Spanii just let Tom Telesco and Brandon Staley do their jobs and just pat them on the back and say "atta boy" and truly were not involved - I thnk the team would be in better shape.
          The problem with Moore and Werner were they were just cheap when it came to player acquisition. You cannot say the same about the Spanos.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

The problem with Moore and Werner were they were just cheap when it came to player acquisition. You cannot say the same about the Spanos.
            My point was more that in spite of the owner - I still root for the team

But the NFL is different in that each owner gets a lot of money to spend each year so Dean does have advantages that Werner and Moorad didn't.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dont step on our dreams
              :couch:
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My point was more that in spite of the owner - I still root for the team

But the NFL is different in that each owner gets a lot of money to spend each year so Dean does have advantages that Werner and Moorad didn't.
                Don’t get me wrong, the Spanos have a lot of weaknesses. But unless we can get an owner that meets the criteria that I listed previously, I don’t see new ownership being any better. We could just as easily end up with a Haslem instead of a Tepper.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Don’t get me wrong, the Spanos have a lot of weaknesses. But unless we can get an owner that meets the criteria that I listed previously, I don’t see new ownership being any better. We could just as easily end up with a Haslem instead of a Tepper.
                  That is for sure. And even Bezos - if he thinks he is a football GM - that would be bad

Ballmer seems to just right the checks and cheers his team on and hires the people to do their job.

Granted, I think we all know its a long shot Deano sells the team.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

All this talk about Dean being a "decent" owner (paraphrasing some of the comments) is sort of comical to an old-timer like myself. For YEARS the boards that I've posted on have wanted the team to be sold. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. And the fact that he pulled the team out of my beloved San Diego...well, that makes him the worst owner in my book. Sure, a case for Dan Snyder, for one, could be made for the title of "Worst NFL Team Owner" but, really, does that matter? He/his family have had 40 years to bring a championship to the Chargers and they've failed. 40 years of frustration; many poor coaching hires; bad personnel/contract decisions - the list goes on and on. If I had a nickel for every post made calling for the Spanos' heads, I could buy the team myself and move them back to where they belong: in San Diego.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

When they moved they accrued nearly $1 billion in debt. If they sell now, Dean takes a bath.

Oh fun, we've got until 2024 to discuss this painful and fascinating issue of Fight For LA actually means My Investment Needs Maturing Until I Can Sellout.

Comment

• I disagree with much of what is suggested about team ownership. With this ownership, the team has appeared in a Super Bowl and has made many playoff appearances. While not the most successful franchise since 1994 when Dean Spanos took over day to day control of the team, they are far from the least successful franchise.

Moreover, I think Dean Spanos did the only reasonable thing he could do when he moved the team in 2017. His hand was forced by the league and policymakers and voters in San Diego. Either he moved the team to Los Angeles or the Raiders would return to Los Angeles along with the Rams, severely limiting the team's options in the area.

The clear long term choice was to move the team to Los Angeles and build up the fanbase, just as he is now doing. The team now plays in a better stadium in a larger market. The growing pains will continue for years, but the fanbase is building--all of the evidence points to that. Support for the Raiders in the area will diminish over time as the support for the Chargers grows. It is inevitable, just a matter of time.

As far the petition filed by Berberian is concerned, she may get bought out, but there is a 0% chance that the Spanos family will lose control of the team. Just as the remaining Spanos family members (besides Berberian) have noted, the petition will zero impact as far as the team goes. Nothing to see here....

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Bezos could offer 4B today and end this shit.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X