• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

of course Brees... maybe that's why we saw many Chargers references when his retirement was announced? it was like he spent his whole career with the Chargers.
    Brees Seidler and Joe Tsai please

there is land in the East Valley of Chula Vista maybe out there to buy

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      As Kevin Acee used to say, Dean was born on third base and couldn’t score
      Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have read as the oldest child in a Greek family, Dean was top of the list to inherit the team. I do not think he worked at a food truck like his Dad did selling sandwiches to the workers and moved on to apartments, etc that Alex did

Its obvious instead of being gifted the team - Dean should have been given a Subway (or just a franchise) to run - learn basic business, have some skin in the game, hire, fire etc. Dean - anytime I see him he has this perplexed look on his face. Very obtuse, dense, not smart is the way I see him
      I grew up in the San Joaquin Valley and my mother worked in construction management in the '70s. She knew the Spanos family. Not to throw shade at Dean, but if he had not had a rich father, he would probably be working at a minimum wage job at Home Depot or some place like that (not to throw shade at anybody working for minimum wage or at Home Depot). The same for all the kids of Faye and and Alex. I have no inside knowledge of the family's finances, but nothing about this surprises me, I have long suspected this type of financial dysfunction among the Spanos progeny since the cognitive decline of the old man.

Amazon.com Chargers - it has a ring.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        I grew up in the San Joaquin Valley and my mother worked in construction management in the '70s. She knew the Spanos family. Not to throw shade at Dean, but if he had not had a rich father, he would probably be working at a minimum wage job at Home Depot or some place like that (not to throw shade at anybody working for minimum wage or at Home Depot). The same for all the kids of Faye and and Alex. I have no inside knowledge of the family's finances, but nothing about this surprises me, I have long suspected this type of financial dysfunction among the Spanos progeny since the cognitive decline of the old man.
        I am not surprised. When I make these comments about Dean - of course its a very limited scope based on the media. But when I see him and they show him during the game or interviewed - he just doesn't seem very smart or with any basic business acumen. Like I said, he just looks "befuddled" or something. Like is he really paying attention. I always say Kraft or Jerry Jones. But if he had given Jerry Jones $10m and say "Jerry I need a stadium in San Diego." I swear Jerry Jones would have hitched his pants and got that sumbitch deal done!! Kraft - in different way, probably gets a deal done.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Who you want ?
          Bezos ?
          Cannot hold a candle to Daniel Snyder.
          ​​​​​Maybe we can get the next Jimmy Haslam...tenth try is the winner.

Oh man !!
          I don’t want Bezos but it’s not like he’s the only billionaire

dont be afraid of change wu-dai

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Drew Brees' trainer on Scott Kaplan March 15, 2021

First time I'd heard it publicly uttered that Drew Brees and a group ownership should buy the Chargers and move them back to San Diego. Best idea I've ever heard.
            Agree. Team belongs in SD. When stupid greedy Spanos chose to change the stadium location from Mission Valley to downtown, it killed any chance they had for approval. Baseball stadiums are good downtown since games are after work and you can walk from work to the ball park. Football is an all day event so mission valley was the perfect location for transit, roads, trolly, busses, etc.....

The stadium they are building now for SD State and Soccer is such a stupid half assed waste of money. It does not cost much more to build an NFL quality stadium that would have worked much better for NFL, college games, soccer, concerts, etc......and would have attracted other major events.... with the great weather we have here.....

Spanos is one of, if not the poorest NFL owner....... he was only a millionaire prior to owning the team..... selling the team could make him a billionaire...... without the team he is still a greedy millionaire slumlord...... if he has hundreds of millions of debt then he should sell the team...... Rams owner built that 5 billion dollar stadium with his own money and could buy him out many times over.... lol

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

I am not surprised. When I make these comments about Dean - of course its a very limited scope based on the media. But when I see him and they show him during the game or interviewed - he just doesn't seem very smart or with any basic business acumen. Like I said, he just looks "befuddled" or something. Like is he really paying attention. I always say Kraft or Jerry Jones. But if he had given Jerry Jones $10m and say "Jerry I need a stadium in San Diego." I swear Jerry Jones would have hitched his pants and got that sumbitch deal done!! Kraft - in different way, probably gets a deal done.
              agree.... Spanos has always been in way over his head..... if NFL was not sharing revenue, Spanos would have sold long long ago......

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Spanos has no fans in LA. Who is going to buy season tickets? This is now a money losing franchise. Not to many people in the world could screw the Golden Goose like the Spanii did.
                Spot on!
                I can't imagine going from small market SD to the 1st or 2nd largest market in the country....and LOSING money.
                He who shall remain nameless continues to mine the depths of ineptitude.
                If this story has ANY legs, our team might have a chance.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree.... Spanos has always been in way over his head..... if NFL was not sharing revenue, Spanos would have sold long long ago......
                  I won't say me as I am not the entrepeneur (I just have worked my way up the corporate ladder over 25 years) - but there are many people between the old UT SD forum board and this board - -that I know would be better owners than Spanos. Just by their posts about their businesses. They have put in the time, built their own business, might ahve been close to failure and made it work.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Spot on!
                    I can't imagine going from small market SD to the 1st or 2nd largest market in the country....and LOSING money.
                    He who shall remain nameless continues to mine the depths of ineptitude.
                    If this story has ANY legs, our team might have a chance.
                    He really should just sell the team - take the extra 700m-1B and move to Aspen and open that hamburger stand he has talked about.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      As Kevin Acee used to say, Dean was born on third base and couldn’t score
                      :chuckle:

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Is there any law in the NFL that prevents the team from issuing shares and going IPO? If sold into the general marketplace I bet the team would garner $5 billion in market cap asap! Am I crazy? LOL! When people are dumping their money into bitcoin and real estate the spanos family could come out smelling like roses!

:whistlin:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

He really should just sell the team - take the extra 700m-1B and move to Aspen and open that hamburger stand he has talked about.
                          Should have just sold the team in SD, he'd be better off.
                          Wouldn't have had to go through the headache of moving the team.

Comment

Working...
                          X