• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    If the big needs are RB, G and/or C by the time the draft rolls around, then maybe this is the year to trade down and get more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds since that's where the value is typically at.

I don't like the idea of drafting a RB in the 1st round since he'd be a two down player with Woodhead and Oliver around.
    Our 2nd round picks haven't made much of an impact. If anything I would try to get a 2nd first round pick.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      Our 2nd round picks haven't made much of an impact. If anything I would try to get a 2nd first round pick.
      Our first round picks haven't been much better. :P

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        If 1000 yards equals a great RB almost half the starting RBs in the league are great
        And how many 1000 yard receivers are there?
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

About time we had a bandwagon for ditching Troutman, wee haw!

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
            Maybe we should get two Third Roundrs and bypass the second all together
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

I get that they think he has a lot of upside. He does. But he keep making a lot of the same mistakes and allowing penetration up the middle. Not all of it is his fault, but he just doesn't seem to show a lot of progress.

I would have been more encouraged if we had signed Franklin to play RG and moved Troutman back to LG, where he has played most of his time 2 years ago, and all his time in college. Not sure that would fix it, but at least then you eliminate the excuse that his footwork is reversed.

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                I get that they think he has a lot of upside. He does. But he keep making a lot of the same mistakes and allowing penetration up the middle. Not all of it is his fault, but he just doesn't seem to show a lot of progress.

I would have been more encouraged if we had signed Franklin to play RG and moved Troutman back to LG, where he has played most of his time 2 years ago, and all his time in college. Not sure that would fix it, but at least then you eliminate the excuse that his footwork is reversed.
                Troutman has no business starting on this team and we can't afford to continue throwing him out there hoping he might improve and making excuses when he doesn't. Tyronne Green gave us more quality starts and they had no problem letting him go. I hope Telesco is only pimping Trout so they have a chance of trading him to somebody who also thinks he has upside and they can fix him.
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                X