:beer:
    exactly......

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Well, we will see if old zagging Telesco is right. He lacks a track record with OL that warrants believing he is right. May my crow be guano flavored!

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        also agree with people who say Staler will be a huge improvement at LT, even if his future HOF position is at OG.....hopeflly
        Slater is an all pro at LT...... but if not, someday we can draft another LT and move Slater to RT or OG..... point is he is not likely a bust....
        hw also sounds like he has a great attitude.... he may end up being better than any of us expected.....
        good news is the bar is set really low based on our recent LT's......

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

also agree with people who say Staler will be a huge improvement at LT, even if his future HOF position is at OG.....hopeflly
          Slater is an all pro at LT...... but if not, someday we can draft another LT and move Slater to RT or OG..... point is he is not likely a bust....
          hw also sounds like he has a great attitude.... he may end up being better than any of us expected.....
          good news is the bar is set really low based on our recent LT's......
          Being a top 10 prospect in plenty of big boards is way better then Fluker's rating that's for sure. If it wasn't for Penei I'm sure Slater would be the #1 ranked OT/O-linemen of this draft.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Being a top 10 prospect in plenty of big boards is way better then Fluker's rating that's for sure. If it wasn't for Penei I'm sure Slater would be the #1 ranked OT/O-linemen of this draft.
            agree.... he dropped further than most predicted.....

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2020
              • Send PM

I just listened to Slater being interviewed by the press, and he said he never met with the Chargers -- no Zoom meetings -- and was surprised by the pick. That seems very strange.

Comment

• GetBolted
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Butler, PA
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
                I just listened to Slater being interviewed by the press, and he said he never met with the Chargers -- no Zoom meetings -- and was surprised by the pick. That seems very strange.
                I think i remember Kenneth Murray said he was suprised the Chargers drafted him as well given the very limited contact he had with them.. Anyone have a list of prospects TT hasn't talked to? LOL. Seriously tho, Slater is a great pick, didn't think he would be there, was kind of accepting we'd get stuck with Darrisaw, so I'm pretty pleased. Dear AL, don'f f*#@ up Penei Sewell, we're going to take him when his contract runs out.:lmao:

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Not really. They didn't meet with Bosa before they drafted him either.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                    ~ Charger Fan ~
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Jupiter, FL
                    • Send PM

I just listened to the interview. He did say that, but then clarified not with the coaches.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post

I just listened to the interview. He did say that, but then clarified not with the coaches.
                      Still strange. It doesn't seem thorough, and I don't care they did that with Bosa or Murray.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Well, we will see if old zagging Telesco is right. He lacks a track record with OL that warrants believing he is right. May my crow be guano flavored!
                        I definitely wouldn't trust TTs track record.
                        let's just hope bpa is what's on his list.
                        Slater seemed to fit the bill round one but that fell in his lap.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Still strange. It doesn't seem thorough, and I don't care they did that with Bosa or Murray.
                          They talked to Leaf. Was that thorough enough?

Comment

Working...
                          X