Welcome Chris Rumph II, Edge, Duke (Pick #118)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Situational snaps, for sure. How many of those kinds of snaps do you have to have to make it worth designating a game day roster spot to Rumph? That's most likely the calculation the coaches will have to make.
    Outside of need / lack of depth?
    Special Teams value separates the situational players from healthy inactives.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

I looked up some of Chris' pre-draft evaluations. Re hand use "otherworldly", "10th degree blackbelt" descriptions were used. Comparisons to Bosa's hand use. Ability to rush edge or interior gaps.
      He's well trained, smart, high energy.

Probably not an everydown guy as a R, he's a quality sub when QB pressure is a must.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
        I looked up some of Chris' pre-draft evaluations. Re hand use "otherworldly", "10th degree blackbelt" descriptions were used. Comparisons to Bosa's hand use. Ability to rush edge or interior gaps.

Probably not an everydown guy as a R, he's a quality sub when QB pressure is a must.
        Since Rumph is a 10th degree Black Belt, I hereby anoint him with his new nickname, ahem, Karate Kid Kris...

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Since Rumph is a 10th degree Black Belt, I hereby anoint him with his new nickname, ahem, Karate Kid Kris...
          Here is a quick description of what it takes to earn a 10th degree black belt:

The 10th Degree is only awarded to those martial artists who have given a lifetime to the furtherance of the martial arts and have demonstrated a lifetime of significant achievement. They have poured into their students and martial arts system the life lessons of honor, respect, courage and instilled in others the indomitable spirit of the Black Belt. “It is a humbling burden that can only be born by the most deserving, the most strong, ardent and caring of humans.”(SJ) There are probably only a dozen or so true 10th Degrees in the U.S. and I was sitting in the presence of 3 of them!

Somehow, i don't think Chris Rumph is a 10th degree black belt.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I consistently read that Chris Rumph needed a creative defensive coordinator.

If they drafted him under Gus, i'd give him no chance.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Here is a quick description of what it takes to earn a 10th degree black belt:

The 10th Degree is only awarded to those martial artists who have given a lifetime to the furtherance of the martial arts and have demonstrated a lifetime of significant achievement. They have poured into their students and martial arts system the life lessons of honor, respect, courage and instilled in others the indomitable spirit of the Black Belt. “It is a humbling burden that can only be born by the most deserving, the most strong, ardent and caring of humans.”(SJ) There are probably only a dozen or so true 10th Degrees in the U.S. and I was sitting in the presence of 3 of them!

Somehow, i don't think Chris Rumph is a 10th degree black belt.
              There are reportedly over 180 different schools/styles of martial arts...it's possible that Rumph has a 10th degree in one of the lesser-known styles, like Eagle Claw Kung Fu, Praying Mantis Kung Fu or Jailhouse Rock...

Look: 180+ martial arts styles: https://blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-styles

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Maybe just 'Kwan'.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

I found a rare college highlight of him using his blackbelt skills on the field.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

There are reportedly over 180 different schools/styles of martial arts...it's possible that Rumph has a 10th degree in one of the lesser-known styles, like Eagle Claw Kung Fu, Praying Mantis Kung Fu or Jailhouse Rock...

Look: 180+ martial arts styles: https://blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-styles
                    Rumph earned his 10th degree blackbelt under the honorific Chris Traspasso from the CBS school. Good enough for me.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I found a rare college highlight of him using his blackbelt skills on the field.

A 1991 movie...came out around the time Rumph was born...missed it by THAT much!

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

A 1991 movie...came out around the time Rumph was born...missed it by THAT much!
                        9bd76702c805ca03848e0a6b21f15fc5.jpg

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                          Oh, I got it, just that it was kind of funny seeing the 1991 date tacked on to it...

Comment

Working...
                          X