• Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

I like this post.
    Yeah watch All-22 !
    kellyb, I don't know if this board can handle the probability that Spanos will be patient with StaleyD.
    There's the abhorent statistics.
    And there's the tea leaves which must be read correctly by a certified psychic.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      I like this post.
      Yeah watch All-22 !
      kellyb, I don't know if this board can handle the probability that Spanos will be patient with StaleyD.
      There's the abhorent statistics.
      And there's the tea leaves which must be read correctly by a certified psychic.
      I can Handle Staley if they decide to actually hire a competent defensive coordinator. Having him call the defense and manage the entire team is just too much for me to watch.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I can Handle Staley if they decide to actually hire a competent defensive coordinator. Having him call the defense and manage the entire team is just too much for me to watch.
        Good point.
        Stretched too thin.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Honestly at this point its less about his philosophy and more about severe personnel limitations. After going through and watching the All 22 from the Arizona game I have to say Staley is really coaching his ass off. He's running way more combinations & more looks than just about any other coordinator trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, and it's kinda working. This team has absolutely NO CHANCE of stopping the run out of a regular 4 man front. The tackling and awareness is just too bad. K9 is lost, Samuel Jr can't tackle, and really all the defensive tackles can do is hope to hold up. If they lined up in a regular 4 man front consistently they'd be giving up 350 yards rushing on the ground. So to get around that problem and give themselves a chance Staley is deploying an array of diverse fronts. 5 man line with Fehoko playing traditional nose, 6 man line with 4 defensive tackles on the field. An array of diverse blitzes. My greatest fear is they run out of tackles. All of the defensive tackles are average at best but they each kinda have something they're good at, there's just not many left after putting 4 guys on IR.
          spot on

i would like to add, this defense stopped Arizona 3 times in the 4th quarter. The depth is being created as we watch

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Thank you for making my point.
            You mean that the Chargers staff didn't know who Ekeler was? Sure, babe. Sure.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

You mean that the Chargers staff didn't know who Ekeler was? Sure, babe. Sure.
              So the Chargers staff scouts the players and signs them while the scouts and GM orchestra the players right? LOL kid do you even read what you write?

Just to let you know the GM and scouts are the ones the find and sign the UDFA (undrafted free agents for the lay person). I am shocked you did not know this. So yes it does not suprise me that every coach and staff member did not know every UDFA.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

All I can say is whew we got damn lucky. Lynn didn’t know Ekeler’s name much less what kind of player he was so he sent him to George Stewart, maybe our very worst ST coach ever, to have him earn a spot. One of our very best offensive players of the last 3-4 years was saved by George Stewart

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

spot on

i would like to add, this defense stopped Arizona 3 times in the 4th quarter. The depth is being created as we watch
                  Yeah I kinda like the 5 man front with Fehoko on the nose. I think they might be able to do something with that package. Fehoko is slow as molasses and absolutely no threat at all as a pass rusher or someone who's gonna move laterally and make a tackle, but it's virtually impossible to move him or run through the a-gaps with him in there.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Yeah I kinda like the 5 man front with Fehoko on the nose. I think they might be able to do something with that package. Fehoko is slow as molasses and absolutely no threat at all as a pass rusher or someone who's gonna move laterally and make a tackle, but it's virtually impossible to move him or run through the a-gaps with him in there.
                    At this point, I'm happy with Fehoko being NT and having a wider front. Until we can draft a Vince Wilfork and a Jamaal Williams to man the front, Staley should defer to and trust his secondary to make plays. Davis, Callahan and James are more than adequate in pass coverage, and Tranquill and Samuel are decent as well.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Damn, this place is chippy as hell. I wish we were all in a bar so I could watch some of you bad ass warriors fight. Break some shit, lets go already!!!
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Justin Herbert's record as a starting QB is 20-22! No Playoffs and this alone is justification to bring in a new HC and Staff next season.

If Staley wants to continue to be the HC here he has to get the Chargers into the playoffs. I'm sure even he knows that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                          Justin Herbert's record as a starting QB is 20-22! No Playoffs and this alone is justification to bring in a new HC and Staff next season.

If Staley wants to continue to be the HC here he has to get the Chargers into the playoffs. I'm sure even he knows that.
                          I don't think 20-22 is correct, but close.
                          He went 6-9
                          9-8 and now 6-5. By my count that's 21-22, which is pathetic for him. Deserves better.
                          Just shows how it is a team game. Tua's record Is better and he sucked year 1 and 2.

Agree on Staley, no playoffs, no job.

Comment

Working...
                          X