• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    During the Bill Belichick regime in New England, resting starters has been a non-issue. The almighty hooded one does not do it.
    "I think that's a conversation that you can have, and the fans can have, but it's not really part of our approach to the game," Belichick told Boston.com. "I don't think it's a good one to have. I don't really understand it either. You're going to pick out one guy that is important and say somebody else isn't? I don't think that's a good way to manage your football team."

It's the final week of the long NFL season, and teams with nothing to gain, or lose, face the big question—whether or not to rest key starters. To sit or not to sit...

:smoking:
    I don't disagree with this. Most of us are only complaining because the defense played like ass today, and we lost the game. Let's be honest.

Comment

• bolthead123
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • San Diego
      • I work in IT.
      • Send PM

I'm saving my judgements for the post game next week. The last two coaches did manage to get the team through the wildcard round, maybe Staley can do the same.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

He makes very stupid decisions. With the Jaguars up next week, I'm reminded of the Week 3 loss, when Staley kept Herbert in the game down 38-10 late in the fourth quarter. This was after Herbert suffered his rib injury against the Chiefs.

Given the fragility of Keenan, Mike Williams, Derwin, and Bosa, there was no reason to have them out there for more than a few series, at the most.
        agree with this. every time i start to think Staley is the answer, he does something totally stupid. with the ravens losing, everything changed for this game. those guys should have all been taken out at the half, if not sooner.

Comment

• Eurobolt
          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

It is so funny.
          Only when ppl get fooled that Staley may have it, he is showing who he is.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

I don't disagree with this. Most of us are only complaining because the defense played like ass today, and we lost the game. Let's be honest.
            Some still complain when we win by 3 scores so that's not it.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sorry, You don't know what you are talking about. Harbaugh isn't on the market now so he is just as available right now as he was when we hired Staley.

He is employed by a team now as he was then. Only a huge offer could pry him from Michigan. An offer Dean isn't going to make , especially since he isn't firing Staley if we lose next week.

They signed Marty for 4 years, 10 million.

Alex Spanos wanted Marty. Dean has shown no interest in hiring a experienced HC that would cost some real money, and he hasn't. How many times do I need to say that?

Read it here
              https://www.mrt.com/news/article/Cha...ch-7711961.php

Marty was a big name but he came cheap because of his situation.smd the Skins we're paying sort of his salary or paying on top of what we were paying him.

Bobby Ross was coming from college, we didn't pay him big bucks. I wouldn't say he was a big name HC, not a problem commodity in the NFL though he did do well for us after a shaky start.
              LOL, sometimes its just better to turn the other check and don't give certain posts attention. OK pal whatever you say! Are you aware Harbaugh has already talked to the Panthers? Are you aware Harbaugh Talked to the Vikings before last season, and there is a certain game coaches use in the public. Harbuagh would accept an offer and may still if the right team were to make him an offer he couldn't refuse. Its funny how you bring this point up first as to illustrate I don't know what I'm talking about when its very clearly you. You define a big coach signing by paying the guy mega millions and say SEE this is why Dean is Cheap. Again I'll just turn the other check and if you want to believe you are right, fine. I would be willing to put money down and say you are cheaper than Dean ever was or ever will be based on the fact of his net worth and the small minded thinking that's being displayed... Have a nice day! By the way did you see that report that Harbaugh is interviewing for the Denver Broncos HCing position? But you are 100 percent right and I don't know what I'm talking about, he's not on the market! LOL
              Last edited by electricgold; 01-09-2023, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

I truly wonder what the defensive game plan was yesterday - as it was pretty bad

As for the decision - he should have pulled Herbert a lot earlier. I think after the score was 14-7 at worst halftime

STaley got away with it -- see what he does this Saturday night

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                  Dea Spanos my HERO
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sorry, You don't know what you are talking about. Harbaugh isn't on the market now so he is just as available right now as he was when we hired Staley.

He is employed by a team now as he was then. Only a huge offer could pry him from Michigan. An offer Dean isn't going to make , especially since he isn't firing Staley if we lose next week.

They signed Marty for 4 years, 10 million.

Alex Spanos wanted Marty. Dean has shown no interest in hiring a experienced HC that would cost some real money, and he hasn't. How many times do I need to say that?

Read it here
                  https://www.mrt.com/news/article/Cha...ch-7711961.php

Marty was a big name but he came cheap because of his situation.smd the Skins we're paying sort of his salary or paying on top of what we were paying him.

Bobby Ross was coming from college, we didn't pay him big bucks. I wouldn't say he was a big name HC, not a problem commodity in the NFL though he did do well for us after a shaky start.
                  ^Truth^

Agreed Spanos will not pay top dollar out of his pocket for top tier coaching. Dea Spanos has already accused Dean of not even satisfying charitable obligations in recent court filings. Marty was smart to negotiate a multi-million dollar golden parachute clause in case he was fired the way I remember it. Marty came on the cheap as did Boss Ross.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

LOL, sometimes its just better to turn the other check and don't give certain posts attention. OK pal whatever you say! Are you aware Harbaugh has already talked to the Panthers? Are you aware Harbaugh Talked to the Vikings before last season, and there is a certain game coaches use in the public. Harbuagh would accept an offer and may still if the right team were to make him an offer he couldn't refuse. Its funny how you bring this point up first as to illustrate I don't know what I'm talking about when its very clearly you. You define a big coach signing by paying the guy mega millions and say SEE this is why Dean is Cheap. Again I'll just turn the other check and if you want to believe you are right, fine. I would be willing to put money down and say you are cheaper than Dean ever was or ever will be based on the fact of his net worth and the small minded thinking that's being displayed... Have a nice day!
                    I am aware and yet he is still at Michigan and what I'm saying to you is , Dean isn't going to make that offer to pry him away. It would take a big offer which isn't Deans style.
                    But you keep dreaming.

You're right, sometimes reading certain posts don't deserve attention. Which is most of yours.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

When Herbert’s ribs were injured in KC, Staley did not pull him from the game even though he did not know the full extent of the injury.

Why? Because he asked Herbert if he still wanted to play and Herbert said yes.

When asked why he played the starters for long yesterday, Staley said Herbert, Keenan, and the rest said they wanted to play.

So the inmates run the asylum. This jackass excuse for a head coach asks his players what they want to do instead of understanding what’s best for the team and doing that.

Im over this moron. Those are two inexcusable decisions that don’t reflect the decision making you need in a head coach.

BTW, did you see his post game presser? Staley was VERY defensive and almost hostile towards the question of playing starters for so long and getting Williams and Bosa hurt. That’s when he shot back with….well, the players wanted to play excuse…..that’s just copping out, blaming them, and not owning your own stupid fucking decision.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

^Truth^

Agreed Spanos will not pay top dollar out of his pocket for top tier coaching. Dea Spanos has already accused Dean of not even satisfying charitable obligations in recent court filings. Marty was smart to negotiate a multi-million dollar golden parachute clause in case he was fired the way I remember it. Marty came on the cheap as did Boss Ross.
                        I agree about their unwillingness to spend big bucks on a HC, but I think there’s another reason just as important. A Harbaugh or Payton would command more control over personnel decisions because if their stature.

I don’t think little Johnny Spanos is willing to give up the control he has over the weak, yes man GM and coaches he currently has.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I agree about their unwillingness to spend big bucks on a HC, but I think there’s another reason just as important. A Harbaugh or Payton would command more control over personnel decisions because if their stature.

I don’t think little Johnny Spanos is willing to give up the control he has over the weak, yes man GM and coaches he currently has.
                          pretty much - if you bring in a strong person - that devalues John Boy

Comment

Working...
                          X