• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I am aware and yet he is still at Michigan and what I'm saying to you is , Dean isn't going to make that offer to pry him away. It would take a big offer which isn't Deans style.
    But you keep dreaming.

You're right, sometimes reading certain posts don't deserve attention. Which is most of yours.
    No you're not you are using the Harbuagh statement to say I don't know what I'm talking about and leading off with that as an example...Are you aware its being reported that Harbaugh is interviewing for the Denver Broncos job" which is an example that you don't know what you are talking about.

I'm telling you if the Chargers had a HCing job this year, you are wrong if you don't think Dean would seriously consider Peyton and more than likely pay him for his services if it was on the table. Also please don't read my posts and I won't read yours it will save a lot of small minded back and forth talk for the other members that may be reading this and I don't want to waste my energy by responding to you by stating the obvious.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bolthead123 View Post
      I'm saving my judgements for the post game next week. The last two coaches did manage to get the team through the wildcard round, maybe Staley can do the same.
      He better!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Speaking of coaching and injured players...

The Eagles played Hurts the entire game despite Sirianni saying "I know he was hurting. He was hurting bad" in a game against the Giants who were resting a bunch of people. Sirianni kept him in the game even with the Eagles up 19-0 late in the 3rd quarter. He was sacked 3 times, hit 4 others and ran 9 times.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
          Dea Spanos my HERO
          • Dec 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by bolthead123 View Post
          I'm saving my judgements for the post game next week. The last two coaches did manage to get the team through the wildcard round, maybe Staley can do the same.
          Logical.

Live Long & Prosper

Comment

• Buckethead
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2022
            • Send PM

Williams and Bosa both injured in a meaningless game, yeah, guys a genius.

Comment

• Blastttoff
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

I’m actually glad we fumbled and lost the ball this week.

moreso to prioritize ball security leading up to the playoffs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I agree about their unwillingness to spend big bucks on a HC, but I think there’s another reason just as important. A Harbaugh or Payton would command more control over personnel decisions because if their stature.

I don’t think little Johnny Spanos is willing to give up the control he has over the weak, yes man GM and coaches he currently has.
                Also a good point. Same with Andy Reed and partly why they passed on him. But some here can keep their dream alive til it's crushed.

Meanwhile Andy keeps kicking our cans for Dean's bad decision and slim wallet.

Got to keep his Son employed doing something. I say let him choose things like Fonts, advertising, hiring office personel and letting football guys be the football guys.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

No you're not you are using the Harbuagh statement to say I don't know what I'm talking about and leading off with that as an example...Are you aware its being reported that Harbaugh is interviewing for the Denver Broncos job" which is an example that you don't know what you are talking about.

I'm telling you if the Chargers had a HCing job this year, you are wrong if you don't think Dean would seriously consider Peyton and more than likely pay him for his services if it was on the table. Also please don't read my posts and I won't read yours it will save a lot of small minded back and forth talk for the other members that may be reading this and I don't want to waste my energy by responding to you by stating the obvious.
                  Again, I'm aware. Means nothing. He can interview with every team. But if no one offers something attractive to leave Michigan, he won't. He is in charge there and making big bucks at his Alma Mater.

If he accepts that Denver job or any other job,.... You will know that they offered him a lot with money and control. Something Dean will never do here.

But id Denver attractive with no draft picks and Russell Wilson on the downside with a unfriendly team contract?

Just like anybody here with a job they like but will listen to offers.

As for the Chargers, they won't have a head coach opening and if they did Dean will not pay Peyton, the money he would get offered elsewhere. The biggest thing in that sentence being we will not have a head coach opening.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-09-2023, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Buckethead View Post
                    Williams and Bosa both injured in a meaningless game, yeah, guys a genius.
                    I'm stunned this happened

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I don't think Bosa was injured. Unless it came out today he was. No mention during the game.

Anything about it today?

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                        Dea Spanos my HERO
                        • Dec 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Dean will NEVER pay top dollar out of his pocket for a top tier coach and surrender a 1st round draft pick for compensation.

Peyton will command $20/mil if not more per year. That is ~10x's what Spanos has paid EVER for a head coach.

The Spanos trust will not be fulfilling its charitable contributions in a recent lawsuit filed by Dean Spanos sister and part owner Dea Spanos Berbarian unless the team is SOLD.

https://theathletic.com/news/charger.../yj6X9cV4VVWV/

"The suit also cites concerns from Berberian that the trust will not be able to fulfill its charitable commitments — a claim she made in a lawsuit filed last year that demanded the Chargers be sold to pay for those obligations."

Now the above is embarrassing shit to be disclosed in court filings.

It is no secret the Spanos family uses the team as their cash cow. The family construction side of the business has ONLY one master planned community in the pipeline when they were (past tense) the largest apartment builder in the USA.

Dean can not afford a top tier coach.

It is frustrating as fuck as a fan but it is the reality.

I get your frustration and it sucks as a fan.

When it starts to slowly sink in what BoltJolt is saying one wonders why we root for this team at all.

Science has no answer.

It's the playoffs soooo we must ......

BTFU (que no?)

&

TAKE THE PAIN

Comment

• Air Coryell
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2021
                          • Carlsbad, CA
                          • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                          • Send PM