First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lefty2SLO
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Whoever drafts Caleb Williams is going to regret it. I just don’t see the mental fortitude for him to be able to handle the NFL.
    Maybe . . . . . . . . .but he could also be the next Mahomes. BB may favor Drake Maye or Michael Penix. Any of the 3 would be light years better than what he has now.

Leave a comment:

• Air Coryell
    replied
    We tank without trying to. Any we have THE QB.

Leave a comment:

• Boltinloudguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

BB's tanking all the way, almost certainly with Kraft's approval on the downlow. It's the smart play; get Williams or Maye in the draft, Move Jones for a 5th of 6th, find a way to get a decent WR to go with HH, already have a decent defense . . . . . . . . . wala - winner!

This is what I would do if I were in his shoes; play the kids and get them some seasoning, go for it next year with CW.
    Whoever drafts Caleb Williams is going to regret it. I just don’t see the mental fortitude for him to be able to handle the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Lefty2SLO
    replied
    Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Belichick giving Kraft a high draft pick before his exit... This is probably the most hollow victory in the last several years... A division III team could have beat the Pats today.
    BB's tanking all the way, almost certainly with Kraft's approval on the downlow. It's the smart play; get Williams or Maye in the draft, Move Jones for a 5th of 6th, find a way to get a decent WR to go with HH, already have a decent defense . . . . . . . . . wala - winner!

This is what I would do if I were in his shoes; play the kids and get them some seasoning, go for it next year with CW.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

I want Harbaugh, and don't expect the Chargers to get him.

I'm wondering if Belichick stays in New England, based on starting Bailey Zappe.
    They are obviously tanking.
    I bet BB could be telling Kraft that we can't win with these QBs. To get back to the glory we need to get a top QB in this draft. And Kraft may be in on the tanking and making it look like he isn't happy. I mean cmon, he gave the owner 6 SB wins and relevance for over 20 years. How can he all the sudden want to fire him?

Leave a comment:

• AFboltfan
    replied
    Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

I'm wondering if Belichick stays in New England, based on starting Bailey Zappe.
    Belichick giving Kraft a high draft pick before his exit... This is probably the most hollow victory in the last several years... A division III team could have beat the Pats today.

Leave a comment:

• NOrvMeNow
    replied
    Originally posted by northerner View Post

I had not given it a lot of thought. I was just wondering if people really thought Harbaugh was coming, or just wanted him. I guess the two answers could be loaded into one poll. for example:

A. want: Harbaugh think: Harbaugh
    B. want: Harbaugh think: Belichick
    C. want: Harbaugh think: other

D. want: Belichick think: Belichick
    D. want: Belichick think: Harbaugh
    E. want: Belichick think: other

F. want: other think: other
    G. Critty Special (Staley stays and becomes GM)

I was hoping Topcat or one of the poll guys would see this. I don't know how to make a poll. it was just a suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• northerner
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like the A's too as i played ball with Billy Beane back when we were kids. The A's coming to LV is cool i guess but im not too excited because i dont think its gonna change the owner into wanting to win and we will be stuck with a losing team all the time. Got tired of watching that with the Padres for years when we were a farm team for the others.
    Billy Beane built some great teams, just a shame that they could not win it all. as Billy Beane said himself, the playoffs are a crapshoot. although, i think the one caveat to that statement is if you have a cy young level #1 pitcher and a very solid #2 - to me, that is the recipe for winning in baseball (over a great hitting lineup).

similar to football i guess - defense wins championships.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied

agree that TT has to go. we need no strings attached for the cap cuts and roster makeover.

i have no idea what will happen on the coaching front, i think we have a ton of potential compared to the regular train wrecks looking for a coach. if spanos finally wakes up, i could see harbaugh or BB coming through. who knows. i am also an oakland A's fan, and the owner simply does not care about winning.
    I like the A's too as i played ball with Billy Beane back when we were kids. The A's coming to LV is cool i guess but im not too excited because i dont think its gonna change the owner into wanting to win and we will be stuck with a losing team all the time. Got tired of watching that with the Padres for years when we were a farm team for the others.

Leave a comment:

• northerner
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think a poll is needed. Harbaugh would win easily as a want for us over BB.

Dean gonna give us somebody else for 4 mil a season. If he doesnt fire Telesco then he is telling us he doesnt want to win. TT HAS to go. 11 years of mediocrity with a losing record.
    agree that TT has to go. we need no strings attached for the cap cuts and roster makeover.

i have no idea what will happen on the coaching front, i think we have a ton of potential compared to the regular train wrecks looking for a coach. if spanos finally wakes up, i could see harbaugh or BB coming through. who knows. i am also an oakland A's fan, and the owner simply does not care about winning.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied

I had not given it a lot of thought. I was just wondering if people really thought Harbaugh was coming, or just wanted him. I guess the two answers could be loaded into one poll. for example:

I was hoping Topcat or one of the poll guys would see this. I don't know how to make a poll. it was just a suggestion.
    I dont think a poll is needed. Harbaugh would win easily as a want for us over BB.

Dean gonna give us somebody else for 4 mil a season. If he doesnt fire Telesco then he is telling us he doesnt want to win. TT HAS to go. 11 years of mediocrity with a losing record.

Leave a comment:

• northerner
    replied
    Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Are we supposed to vote for what we WANT to happen? Or what we THINK will happen in the real world? Because if that's the case 'Other' wins in a landslide . . . . . . . . . . no need for a poll

Leave a comment:

Working...
X