• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

So happy that 98% see what fraud Staley is.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I believe the 49ers missed the playoffs for eight straight years before Harbaugh took over as their head coach, and he got them to the NFC Championship Game in his first season. At that time he was also in a bad division, after Kurt Warner retired from the Cardinals, so he wasn't dealing with Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs.

Whether it's Harbaugh or any other good head coach, he'll get more out of what we have than what Staley is. I think the offensive and defensive lines, in particular, will play a lot better. Coaching is so vital to a young player's development, and recent draft picks like Zion Johnson and Jamaree Salyer will perform much better with a good coaching staff. Those who are already playing well under Staley (Rashawn Slater and Tuli Tuipulotu come to mind) may kick ass to a much higher level.

This would be a potentially very exciting future to think about if we had a good owner willing to prioritize finding the right head coach. Obviously we don't, though.
      The one time Deano gave control to an experienced GM with a track record combined with hiring Marty - the results were very good

I personally think Dean needs to tell Telesco to trade off players with value
      than fire him

Fire Staley
      hire Ficken as Head coach and have them play the young players

Have a cleaner cap than today and work on finding the next Marty Schottenheimer as coach - teacher of football. I don't want a CEO of football - I want a teacher

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

It's not solely on Herbert and Moore, but that second half was inexcusable by the offense. Can't expect to beat the Chiefs if you go scoreless in the second half.
        I blame Moore - I don’t see Herbie getting much of a chance back there personally. He’s getting hit fast even vs 4 man rushes and receivers aren’t getting very open.

I’ll ride and die with Herbie - they can fire every coach and cut every other player and we’ll start over. Just me and Herbie - lets fucking go.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I blame Moore - I don’t see Herbie getting much of a chance back there personally. He’s getting hit fast even vs 4 man rushes and receivers aren’t getting very open.

I’ll ride and die with Herbie - they can fire every coach and cut every other player and we’ll start over. Just me and Herbie - lets fucking go.
          Well there are a few other players they can keep - but I am with you. I am riding with Herbert

I jsut want them to hire a GM and a HC with a coordinated plan. I just don't see it wilth Telesco and now with Staley

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
            11 weeks to go. Can we get 11 weeks of press man coverage please?
            No, then we might end up 9-8, barely miss the playoffs, but earn Staley a 3-year extension...THEN he would most probably revert to zone D because that's the D he's the most comfortable with...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No, then we might end up 9-8, barely miss the playoffs, but earn Staley a 3-year extension...THEN he would most probably revert to zone D because that's the D he's the most comfortable with...
              The Chargers almost have to be REALLY REALLY bad for the Spanii to do anything. I mean, we all see it this morning that this team is not making the playoffs. REality is reality. 11 games to - they would have to at least 8-3 to make the playoffs. With this defense, thats not happening.

So the smart thing would be for the Spanii to be pro-active and start to prepare for next year. Because Telesco and Staley are on the hot seat, they will never have a fire sale. Which is why they should have fired Telesco last offseason after year 10 - that should have been enough because this past offseason, both Telesco and Staley didn't care about the future, they were locked in on 2023. I was so hoping to be wrong about their moves - but I didn't like them at all

Blow it up - now it might be tough to trade Bosa and Mack with their contracts for next year (meaning injuries guarantee next years salary perhaps) - but players like Ekeler and Davis for sure should be traded. I think they have to listen on Mack and Bosa though - I think Mack would get more than Bosa at this point

Comment

• rensoul
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The one time Deano gave control to an experienced GM with a track record combined with hiring Marty - the results were very good

than fire him

Fire Staley

Have a cleaner cap than today and work on finding the next Marty Schottenheimer as coach - teacher of football. I don't want a CEO of football - I want a teacher

This would be the smart move to try to move off of some bad contracts and stock of draft capital for 2024 but I doubt they will do it. The cap is screwed up next season so it would be best to get to work on it now while some of the vets still have some value.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

This would be the smart move to try to move off of some bad contracts and stock of draft capital for 2024 but I doubt they will do it. The cap is screwed up next season so it would be best to get to work on it now while some of the vets still have some value.
                  The problem is Telesco and staley would never advocate for this - even if they lose to the Bears to be 2-5 as they know they would be fired

I said if they split the Cowboys and Chiefs, beat the Bears, they could be buyers. But if they lost to both the Cowboys and Chiefs, they should be sellers as they needed to beat a good time. Just not the Bears

This has to come from Dean and it will NEVER come from Dean

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                    FUdean
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

than fire him

Fire Staley

I think Alex was still in charge back then.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Which bad contracts can we unload in the middle of a season that would fit under the cap and why would another team take it on?

Comment

• BigBad
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Which bad contracts can we unload in the middle of a season that would fit under the cap and why would another team take it on?
                        None. It's always funny when fans wait until a guy(Bosa, Mack, Mike Williams, Derwin, etc) is obviously playing below their salary and then think some other team full of professional scouts would willingly take them at the same price and throw in draft picks. LOL

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

None. It's always funny when fans wait until a guy(Bosa, Mack, Mike Williams, Derwin, etc) is obviously playing below their salary and then think some other team full of professional scouts would willingly take them at the same price and throw in draft picks. LOL
                          Teams know why everyone on the Chargers is playing below their salary and it’s not the players.

Comment

Working...
                          X