• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Should Belichick have been fired for playing his starters including Brady in meaningless games at the end of the season? While I personally would not have played anyone critical, some coaches do.
    Were the Pats going to the POs that year?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Yes, he believes even role players are important and it is insulting to them to start them as if they aren't a part of the team or as important as other players. He regularly played Brady and company in games that had no meaning. Not to say they played the entire game.

Like I said, I would not have played them but it's not like Staley is the only coach to ever do so.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

They basically went to the playoffs every year that Brady was healthy

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

if they had any concerns over the fan base they would've fired him after Jacksonville, but the prospect of owing Staley 8mil over the last two years of his deal and having to pay someone else was too much for them to swallow...
          If they fired Staley after they lost to Jacksonville that would have been stupid. When he just got the franchise back in the playoffs after 4 years. If I had it my way, I would have fired Lynn for wanting to start Tyrod Taylor over Justin Herbert when Herbert was in his rookie season.​

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

We already missed out on Reid in 2013 and Peyton last year. Don't strike out again, Dean.
          Not that many people conceived that Reid would have the success that he is having.

Payton? He's overrated. Why is he 0-2 right now if he is so great?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

If they fired Staley after they lost to Jacksonville that would have been stupid. When he just got the franchise back in the playoffs after 4 years. If I had it my way, I would have fired Lynn for wanting to start Tyrod Taylor over Justin Herbert when Herbert was in his rookie season.​

Not that many people conceived that Reid would have the success that he is having.

One reason is that he has a washed up QB to work with, not Justin Herbert

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Disagree with just about everything you wrote. Staley's D was bad for 2 years heading into the Jags game. The 27-0 comeback by the Jags was historic. No team
              with that kind of lead and 5-0 in the turnover department has ever lost. Staley should have been fired.

Reid was a HOF HC before he ever came to KC. The fact that he inherited Mahomes was just an indicator of things to come.

It's going to take Payton 2-3 years to right the ship in Denver. He basically inherited a mess.. They may just tank this year, get a top QB in the draft
              and be at least be competitive next year. In a couple years Denver is going to be a major headache for us. We actually would be in a much better
              situation had we brought in Payton instead on Staley. In fact I know no knowledgeable football person that would disagree.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Disagree with just about everything you wrote. Staley's D was bad for 2 years heading into the Jags game. The 27-0 comeback by the Jags was historic. No team
                with that kind of lead and 5-0 in the turnover department has ever lost. Staley should have been fired.

Reid was a HOF HC before he ever came to KC. The fact that he inherited Mahomes was just an indicator of things to come.

It's going to take Payton 2-3 years to right the ship in Denver. He basically inherited a mess.. They may just tank this year, get a top QB in the draft
                and be at least be competitive next year. In a couple years Denver is going to be a major headache for us. We actually would be in a much better
                situation had we brought in Payton instead on Staley. In fact I know no knowledgeable football person that would disagree.

Agree with this. Payton will be done with Wilson after this year and they might be able to get Drake Maye or a good QB

The circle of Charger life - here we go again. Won't make the playoffs two years in a row in the Telesco era.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Denver will kick our ass this year guaranteed. They're not a bad football team at all and Wilson looks 10x better than last year.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Denver will kick our ass this year guaranteed. They're not a bad football team at all and Wilson looks 10x better than last year.
                    My prediction - if this season goes in the tank - they will be 3-11 or something, playing a better team and pull of the upset and lose about 4 spots in the draft pick game. And than win the last game to move again from 7 to 10

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

I remember the Chargers head coach used to give a presser on Mondays! Brandon Staley has been giving 1 to 2 minute press conferences as of late! I wonder why? Oh well we have All in volume 2 coming, this should be interesting.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Not sure where to put this video as it has good stuff sprinkled throughout the entire video. The important stuff is talked about around the middle concerning Chargers. In the video it talks about how defensive coaches have problems in understanding how important olines are and QB development.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And this group of players, if they do win only 6 or 7 games, have proven what -- its not like they are breaking up the 86 Bears on Defense and the Greatest Show on Turf on offense

Mack, Williams and Bosa are not worth what they are paid. Allen is set to make 23.1m next year. I think I am okay bringing him back but at basically 65% of that - or I would trade him
                          The good thing about the Mack Williams and Bosa contracts - as except for possible injuries, the cap hits to trade this year are easy - they are the base salary

Ekeler is going to be a Free agent - you trade him now, you get something in the 2024 draft; otherwise let him walk and maybe, MAYBE get a comp pick in 2025. MAYBE. I am taking the sure thing - trading him, paying most of his salary and getting a 3rd or 4th this next year

I truly do not think moving on from any of those five players listed is breaking up anything.

As noted about the Chargers have the QB and LT - thats a start. They have some solid players on the rest of the OL

They just need a better defense and maybe getting a bunch of grinders who are well coached over these players - is better
                          I think Mack, yes he is just a above average edge right now. Allen? Still love what he brings. Bosa? The rest? I want to see what they do with a good defensive scheme before I cut them just to replace them with UDFA's.

Comment

Working...
                          X