Its like "no shit sherlock - we watched the game"

Dan Quinn
    Rich Bisaccia
    Jason Garrett
    Marvin Lewis
    Mike Zimmer
    Jim Caldwell
    Jim Schwartz

Thats my list today. I do not want to see names like Evero, Slowik, Shane Waldro, Ben Johnson or a guy like Lincoln riley
    No, thanks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

No, thanks.
      So who is on your list? Let me guess - Ben Johnson?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

So who is on your list? Let me guess - Ben Johnson?
        Nope. Jim Harbaugh, and then I don't know. There has to be a candidate better than the ones you listed, though.

The only candidates on your list I'm not totally against are Bisaccia and Caldwell, but I hope for better than that.

The rest?

1. Dan Quinn: Worst meltdown in Super Bowl history. Joins the Chargers, who maybe have most of the embarrassing meltdowns in NFL history. Made two playoff appearances in five full years as an NFL head coach. Was fired after an 0-5 start in 2020.
        2. Jason Garrett: Nine full seasons as an NFL head coach. Three playoff appearances. Two playoff wins. Four years in which the Cowboys went 8-8.
        3. Marvin Lewis: 16 years as an NFL head coach. Seven playoff appearances. Zero playoff wins. ZERO PLAYOFF WINS IN 16 YEARS AS A HEAD COACH.
        4. Mike Zimmer: Eight years as an NFL head coach. Three playoff appearances. Two playoff wins. Eric Kendricks and other players expressed how they were happy to see him go when he was fired.
        5. Jim Schwartz: Excellent defensive coordinator. Not so much as a head coach. Five years as an NFL head coach. One playoff appearance. No playoff wins. Overall record: 29-51.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Nope. Jim Harbaugh, and then I don't know. There has to be a candidate better than the ones you listed, though.

The only candidates on your list I'm not totally against are Bisaccia and Caldwell, but I hope for better than that.

The rest?

1. Dan Quinn: Worst meltdown in Super Bowl history. Joins the Chargers, who maybe have most of the embarrassing meltdowns in NFL history. Made two playoff appearances in five full years as an NFL head coach. Was fired after an 0-5 start in 2020.
          2. Jason Garrett: Nine full seasons as an NFL head coach. Three playoff appearances. Two playoff wins. Four years in which the Cowboys went 8-8.
          3. Marvin Lewis: 16 years as an NFL head coach. Seven playoff appearances. Zero playoff wins. ZERO PLAYOFF WINS IN 16 YEARS AS A HEAD COACH.
          4. Mike Zimmer: Eight years as an NFL head coach. Three playoff appearances. Two playoff wins. Eric Kendricks and other players expressed how they were happy to see him go when he was fired.
          5. Jim Schwartz: Excellent defensive coordinator. Not so much as a head coach. Five years as an NFL head coach. One playoff appearance. No playoff wins. Overall record: 29-51.
          okay - thats fair about Harbaugh - I forgot about him - he is for sure at the top of the list. he would be a slam dunk no doubt about it hire

and you make good points about the names on the list but I seriously cannot see a newbie having success with the Spanii ownership based on history

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

The rest?

Can't be any worse than Staley as a head coach. As a defensive coordinator our defense would be top ten in no time. So just pair him up with a top notch OC. Problem solved. LOL!
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• KrazyLegs
              Registered Dude
              • Sep 2018
              • Westminster, MA
              • Send PM

Harbaugh or bust.

Get rid of Telesco.

Hope Dean Spanos and his son walk into the Pacific Ocean.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I think this sums it up nicely:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post
                  Harbaugh or bust.

Get rid of Telesco.

Hope Dean Spanos and his son walk into the Pacific Ocean.
                  I truly just wish Dean would sell the team and live his dream of opening a hamburger stand in Aspen like he was quoted as saying once.

His team is below average since he took it over - the record shows it. Get out - take your money --

And another thing - hire a guy like Wade Phillips as DC or somebody that doesn't have their head up their arse

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

I feel sorry for Staley at this point. He's clearly overmatched and whatever he thought of himself at one time has surely been obliterated. If he didn't try to fight that and went out and hired a great DC he may have been able to save himself. Instead we have to see him doing post-game pressers looking like a lost child. We've moved into the sad part of his era. He's on the platform and the noose is getting put around his neck. Just a matter of time before the hood goes over his head and the floor drops out.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

When is enough enough?
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Eurobolt
                          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM