• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C'monchargers
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

WTF are you talking about - I said i don't know. I made no definitive statement of any kind about his contract with UM, get a grip brother. Jimbo's payout is a payout I understand, its common albeit his is ridiculously large.

I haven't ever seen an employee pay past wages back to the University just to be able to quit. I asked if anyone knows any facts as obviously you don't know shit either and you go all Karate Kid on me.

I am confident the NFL, eg any team, doesn't have to give UM anything ever, they have no relationship or obligation to UM. They are not required to give a shit if their employee quits. if there is a clause in Harbaugh's contract that says he personally has to pay back prior salary to leave, lets see it? That would be very unusual for any employee of any company, ever. I've never been a D1 HC but I've worked alot, hired alot, fired alot, had alot of people resign for new opportunities, etc etc. I've never once heard of an employee paying his company to leave ever. I have seen non-compete clauses but those are generally very difficult for the past employer to ever enforce.

Again, I said I don't know about his contract.

how about this - do you have a single example of a coach ever leaving a University to go to the NFL and having to pay the University to quit? I've never heard of it but I've never looked for it - go ahead and teach me, swami.
    The coaching business is not for the faint of heart. There is no other industry in the world where almost 20% of top-level leadership gets terminated on a yearly basis. While both universities and coaches should be optimistic about the ability to build a winning program, universities must enter their contract negotiations with the expectation that the coach’s tenure will end with termination or forced resignation, or a voluntary departure by the coach for “greener pastures.”

"Many initial term contracts offer a 50-75% guarantee for the coach and a 25%-50% guarantee for the university. Schools often view this provision as a penalty or fine that they can force a coach or their new employer to pay in the event that they leave early, and will often try to make the amount owed to them as close as possible to the total compensation they have guaranteed to the coach."

Currently there are 6 coaches in the NCAA that has a buyout clause that exceed $50M, topped by Georgia's Kirby Smart ($92.5 million), LSU's Brian Kelly ($70 million) and Penn State's James Franklin ($64.5 million) for the coaches in case of a firing. I highly doubt those deals are structured to protect one way. Everytime a contract is sign there are many things to consider, such as precedence. In most field - well maybe not contruction and industrial supply which often has order of precedence clause (just knew this by chance) - when you sign a contract out of the ordinary and not incline with precedence; it raises eyebrows. Do you see any eyebrow raise abot Harbaugh's contract??

Perhaps you are well acquainted in the world on contract negotiation in that field so you can enlight us a little. Beacuse since you said you don't know how his contract is, you don't know that; but you come off as somebody who is sure of what it isn't. So does that mean what you are sure of is, what it isn't of something that isn't?? That's a nutshell there bud.

BTW by the way you come across, you are really showing your color. Stay Classy, don't expect much from this know nothing swami
    Last edited by C'monchargers; 11-21-2023, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Ontario , Canada
      • Send PM

Tale of other teams BUF fired their OC after 2 losses and some lifeless play. PIT just fired their OC. Here we have one of the worst Ds in the league for years on end and nothing happens

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
        Tale of other teams BUF fired their OC after 2 losses and some lifeless play. PIT just fired their OC. Here we have one of the worst Ds in the league for years on end and nothing happens
        Staleys ego would not allow him to fire himself

This move needed to be made last offseason. Staley needed to give up playcalling as the DC and just focus on being the HC

As I think we all know, if the Chargers were 4-6 but hte defense was ranked 8th and the offense was ranked in the 20's - to save his job, he would have fired Kellen Moore

Now why Telesco hasn't gone to the Spanii to say "hey maybe we should fire this cat - he kind of sucks" - or maybe he has.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Not a fraud per se, but definitely not an alpha CEO type who has presence and moxxy, or a leader of men in short -- potentially a perpetual position coach/coordinator only. He just doesn't have "it" at this point, and he may need to go back to being a DC somewhere for several years before given another opportunity at an HC position. Perhaps by then, he'll be wiser and less stubborn in his approach.
          The league has figured out Brandon Staley's style of defense and he can't adjust.

Critty wants him to bench everyone and play back ups: that will somehow pound into starters heads the need to not be confused.
          That sounds like Staley's best bet - because he's entirely out of ideas from a very small repertoire.

The good news is that having been completely figured out, the Charger D can't be any worse next year in what will be Stale'ys final contractual Spanos year

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

The league has figured out Brandon Staley's style of defense and he can't adjust.

Critty wants him to bench everyone and play back ups: that will somehow pound into starters heads the need to not be confused.
            That sounds like Staley's best bet - because he's entirely out of ideas from a very small repertoire.

The good news is that having been completely figured out, the Charger D can't be any worse next year in what will be Stale'ys final contractual Spanos year
            I think the biggeest reason for me of why Staley and Telesco need to go - is I don't trust them to do what needs to be done to build the roster. I think they would want Williams back, Bosa, Mack - because they picked those guys and would just continue to push cap - - as if they got rid of those players, that would mean a rebuild. Which they wouldn't do - they would say "eff it, we don't care about 2025, just keep bringing OUR guys back" Which is basically what they did this year - and they will only have more reason to do it next year. They will really panic and push the cap even harder.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz

This is it. He doesn't seem to know how to adjust. I don't understand it. And I desperately want a coach (HC, OC, DC) who can ADJUST! Even week to week. design plays to our strengths and against the opponents weaknesses.

Last night, you see Philly bringing 6 against Mahomes and affecting the KC offense. LOVE it. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

But Staley (for some odd reason) "believes" in his scheme and in his players. Dear, Lord....
              But above all, Staley believes in the scheme uber alles.

The players he'll trash or eventually get rid of them.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post
                This is it. He doesn't seem to know how to adjust. I don't understand it. And I desperately want a coach (HC, OC, DC) who can ADJUST! Even week to week. design plays to our strengths and against the opponents weaknesses.

Last night, you see Philly bringing 6 against Mahomes and affecting the KC offense (see Baldy's Breakdowns). LOVE it. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

But Staley (for some odd reason) "believes" in his scheme and in his players. Dear, Lord....​

Comment

• BigBad
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Chargers are the only team to have a positive point differential and a losing record....LOL

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Someone once thought it could just be bad luck ?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Screenshot_20231121-122916_YouTube.jpg

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2023
                        • Send PM

Just a tiny teaser from John Spanos's bio at Chargers.com

"(John) Spanos has helped the Chargers acquire and retain some of the most prolific talent in football over the last 19 seasons, as the team had 34 players make a combined 80 Pro Bowls over that span — including 17 that have been named to 34 all-star games in the last 10 seasons. In addition to acquiring star players, four players in the last 10 drafts went on to earn Rookie of the Year honors."

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Who's sitting in the truck?
                          TT ?

Comment

Working...
                          X