• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Not only Staley needs huge money invested in defence but also few HOFers supported with couple of probowlers so then his defence will click

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      After watching the Broncos on SNF, I've had a change of opinion about who the Spanoses should turn to for their next head coach. I now agree with those who say this team needs a veteran coach with a proven track record of winning.

What Sean Payton has done in Denver is nothing short of amazing. He took a franchise that was in complete disarray just a few weeks ago and has them believing in themselves with four straight wins. An ugly, grizzled veteran leader with and iron hand and firm resolve who's seen everything and knows exactly what to do. I see now that this is what this Chargers franchise needs.

So I am on board with hiring Harbaugh or Belichick, with the caveat that Josh McDaniels is come nowhere near Herbert or this team.
      Sean is a better coach. But he also is benefit from added a 1st Rd RT and LT and a healthy center. All 5 of the OL has played every game. Last year they didn't have great health on OL and they didn't nearly the level of talent at LT and RT that they do this year. That is helping Wilson just as much as Payton coaching. Kyle Shanahan admitted the impact of a single player. After he went 6-10 then got Nick back and went to playoffs. He literally told reporters they better because Nick is back.

Broncos are better because of Payton..but let's see what happens when he loses his center, RT and LT. Guys Hackett didn't have on the field last year. They lost 3 OT games last year as well along with not having nearly as healthy or good OL last year. There was more than simply a coach replacement with all the same roster out there. There is a way better OL.

Did you know only 2 player for that team last year started every game. Did you know 9 have started every game so far this year. Are they healthy because of coaching. If so how is Payton doing that.

Or is it more likely the prisoner of the moment scenario where you look at 1 thing like HC and then say see with the small sample size. Ignoring things like OL health and roster addition that upgrades OL this year vs last year. And instead simply say ......look the HC name is different that must be why.

Wilson is having a much better year. And I do credit Payton. And I do think he is a better HC than Hackett. However he isn't coaching the same exact group. And Wilson is certainly benefiting from better and healthier OL.

I'd like to see some more adversity..and see how Payton handles it. Lose his #1 CB Surtain for rest of year. Lose his center for rest of year. Lose 2 of his top WR. Have the back up play at RT. I suspect winning becomes harder for the 5-5 team that is still 30th in points allowed..worse than Chargers who are 23rd.

Joe Lombardi is the OC there, which is funny seeing how Chargers fans blamed Lombo for everything that wasn't perfect on offense. I'm sure he like having all 5 OL healthy and a healthy reciever corp.

​​​​​​
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Rex Ryan saying highest payroll. But so much of that was Bosa and JCJ. One no longer on field and other injured early and no longer on field. Well take away both their monies and you have one of the lowest payroll defenses. So you can call it one of the highest but that just on paper. On the field they haven't been because that money is gone or injured. Just ridiculous media take by a guy who should know better. Then he says at Rams with Donald and Ramsey his wife could coach that team. Really she can coach a #1 D. So that means he is saying coaching doesn't matter when you have great players.
        Bit he didn't say his wife could coach the Chargers defense to a #1 team. Well no duh they don't have Donald or Ramsey.

Rex is essentially saying Staley and all coaches benefit from great players that anyone can coach. I could say same thing about Denver OL all healthy. The coach is benefiting from that.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Sean is a better coach. But he also is benefit from added a 1st Rd RT and LT and a healthy center. All 5 of the OL has played every game. Last year they didn't have great health on OL and they didn't nearly the level of talent at LT and RT that they do this year. That is helping Wilson just as much as Payton coaching. Kyle Shanahan admitted the impact of a single player. After he went 6-10 then got Nick back and went to playoffs. He literally told reporters they better because Nick is back.

Broncos are better because of Payton..but let's see what happens when he loses his center, RT and LT. Guys Hackett didn't have on the field last year. They lost 3 OT games last year as well along with not having nearly as healthy or good OL last year. There was more than simply a coach replacement with all the same roster out there. There is a way better OL.

Did you know only 2 player for that team last year started every game. Did you know 9 have started every game so far this year. Are they healthy because of coaching. If so how is Payton doing that.

Or is it more likely the prisoner of the moment scenario where you look at 1 thing like HC and then say see with the small sample size. Ignoring things like OL health and roster addition that upgrades OL this year vs last year. And instead simply say ......look the HC name is different that must be why.

Wilson is having a much better year. And I do credit Payton. And I do think he is a better HC than Hackett. However he isn't coaching the same exact group. And Wilson is certainly benefiting from better and healthier OL.

I'd like to see some more adversity..and see how Payton handles it. Lose his #1 CB Surtain for rest of year. Lose his center for rest of year. Lose 2 of his top WR. Have the back up play at RT. I suspect winning becomes harder for the 5-5 team that is still 30th in points allowed..worse than Chargers who are 23rd.

Joe Lombardi is the OC there, which is funny seeing how Chargers fans blamed Lombo for everything that wasn't perfect on offense. I'm sure he like having all 5 OL healthy and a healthy reciever corp.

​​​​​​
          Every team deals with injuries. Some don't let that become an excuse for losing.

Lombardi is the OC in Denver, yes. But the Broncos aren't winning with offense. They are asking Wilson to do just enough, and Lombardi just may be well-suited for that role.

The Broncos are winning with the defense. The point being that Payton has completely changed the culture in Denver in a matter of weeks. The defense went from a laughing stock that gave up 70 pts, to a tough, disciplined unit that forces turnovers and doesn't give up a lot of explosive plays.

The team culture with the Chargers never changes under Staley, the defense makes the same mistakes every game. Staley is incapable of changing that.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

This pulls no punches but is spot on

Chris Long reacts to the LA Chargers loss to the Green Bay Packers and Brandon Staley's press conference following the game, delivered by Little Caesars.List...

Comment

• Eurobolt
              *** Jim Harbaugh ***
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Not only better coach but can also diagnose what team needs in order to be more successful, something that BS will never have.

Distorting reality in the best possible "Critty way" to excuse total failure that Staley is.

I dont and bet Brando does not either xD

It is shocking for you that experienced HC can analyzed situation and cherry pick players je needs the most in just few months? Staley cant do this in few years.

Fu** me.... Again because he (SP) drafts, signs players he thought he needed to introduce his vision.

When those things happend in his year 3 I can bet he will be ready and have players to step up not like Brandon.

Haha. Who is our DC? Is Ansley playcalling defence? Watch yesterday post game presser. I will answer, he is not doing it - it is all Brandon.
              It is same in Denver (apart of fact Payton knows what he is doing comparing to Brandon), Lombardi is more like assistant bit more than Lynn in SF but not calling plays that is all Payton.

I love those conversations with other teams fans they are so refreshing.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

main-qimg-042afa7d0b17935614aaeea8d8c12647-lq~2.jpgmade a couple of new Avatars for ya Critty
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Eurobolt; 11-20-2023, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

It so easy for people to throw tomato. And it's like they cannot wait to see someone struggle and then blame them for it. I a team sport no less. And these same people were all good with this guy and positive not that long ago. What have you done lately. Not good enough. Time to talk smack. Predictable.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

All you have to do is turn on NFL national media today, you name is Fox, ESPN, CBS, Cowherd etc and there is a universal call for Staley to be fired and he is being panned for his pissy little attitude in that press conference.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Staley is rattled. All the veneer is coming off. He had a chance to respond against an inferior team and failed. And the unit he is responsible for was the primary cause, dropped passes or not. The defense could have stood up but instead they played off/soft coverage and did not pass off assignments. Again. I have little hope he is going to have a great week and turn this around against a superior team with a superior coach. He needs to go and now. Nothing good is going to come of him staying. There is no risk. The defense cannot get worse. It is already the worst in the NFL. Maybe, just maybe Ainsley unleashed could be a good DC. We will never know if he serves as a puppet the rest of the season. Maybe, just maybe, Moore has what it takes to be a great HC. We will never know if Staley stays and puts his fingers all over everything. This team is not far away from being a very good to excellent team. Just needs a really good coach. We aint got that now and Staley is not going to suddenly get better.

I liked that he stood up for Johnston. No need to destroy whatever is left of his psyche.
                      I do not like that he basically said, "If you are thinking Kellen Moore should take my job the rest of the year, well, the offense sucks!"

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

This past offseason, post Jags game - after the debacle combined with the inconsistencies of the offense, Staley fired his OC Lombardi. And though the offense wasn't nearly as bad as the defense, the change made sense

Yet the DC has not been replaced in 2.5 years and the data is there, Popper puts it out there, the PPG allowed, all if it - and yet the HC has NOT replaced the DC.

Arrogance, hubris, ego - will be the downfall of Brandon STaley

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Commencing about 3:00 min, a very insightful discussion about Staley and the Spanos ownership of the Chargers. Colin's guest, John Middlekauf, a former NFL scout, talks about how wealthy the NFL is today with so much money flowing to teams, but old-school owners like Dean, who got into the league in the '80s when the money wasn't so big, can't fathom giving big-money contracts to coaches, event though it's chump change, Monopoly money, in today's NFL. He notes that owners like Dean, who inherited his wealth, are particularly appalled at spending these large sums of money on a coach, even though it's perfectly doable from a fiscal perspective.

Comment

Working...
                          X