• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBad
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    There is no risk. The defense cannot get worse. It is already the worst in the NFL.

100%

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
      All you have to do is turn on NFL national media today, you name is Fox, ESPN, CBS, Cowherd etc and there is a universal call for Staley to be fired and he is being panned for his pissy little attitude in that press conference.
      The press conference should have been the final straw. He really did act like a whiny spoiled brat -- who was entitled in his role

"...I have full faith in my ability to call plays.."

His arrogance is annoying as hell. Does he want to win or prove a damn point? Most coaches want to actually WIN GAMES!

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I am hoping the Spanos family will see that being in last place in a divsion with the Raiders and Broncos is an embarrassment. And the way the team played yesterday, especially on Staley's personal unit, was an embarrassment. And the way the head coach addressed the media was an embarrassment. Hopefully their egos are large enough to get irritated at being laughing stocks. Which is what they are right now. Everyone knows this is a very talented team led by a (nice) guy who is in way over his head and was not ready to be a head coach. And he is in the camp of when being stuck in a hole, you keep on digging it deeper. Or when you go off the road into the ditch, you come up the other side of the ditch into a farmer's field and keep going and plowing down as much corn as you can.

Staley has to go.

If you are a player, how can you sit in the meeting room with him and believe in anything he says? Does he even believe any more?

Staley has to go. It's over.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Commencing about 3:00 min, a very insightful discussion about Staley and the Spanos ownership of the Chargers. Colin's guest, John Middlekauf, a former NFL scout, talks about how wealthy the NFL is today with so much money flowing to teams, but old-school owners like Dean, who got into the league in the '80s when the money wasn't so big, can't fathom giving big-money contracts to coaches, event though it's chump change, Monopoly money, in today's NFL. He notes that owners like Dean, who inherited his wealth, are particularly appalled at spending these large sums of money on a coach, even though it's perfectly doable from a fiscal perspective.

That just ticks me off - for maybe 1.5m -- they probably could have had Brian Daboll. Daboll was the right coach at that time. They would be so much better. And yes, Dean makes 75-80m or whatever - but hiring a good coach would eat into that. Granted, might win more games. Really sounds like it was probably money that stopped Daboll - of course

(thanks for posting - good stuffI)

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The press conference should have been the final straw. He really did act like a whiny spoiled brat -- who was entitled in his role

"...I have full faith in my ability to call plays.."

His arrogance is annoying as hell. Does he want to win or prove a damn point? Most coaches want to actually WIN GAMES!
            I don't hate on Staley. He can be arrogant, but people who believe in themselves usually are. I just think he's in over his head and he has reached a point where he is so emotionally and psychologically beat down that he can't function as coach anymore. The Spanoses and Tom Telesco MUST see this and relieve him of this burden today. I keep waiting for it to happen. Today.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I don't hate on Staley. He can be arrogant, but people who believe in themselves usually are. I just think he's in over his head and he has reached a point where he is so emotionally and psychologically beat down that he can't function as coach anymore. The Spanoses and Tom Telesco MUST see this and relieve him of this burden today. I keep waiting for it to happen. Today.
              Cosign. Feel exactly the same. Thanks Velo. You said it far better than me.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Staley never Seems to learn from his mistakes. in his first season as coach, I think he showed a lot of promise, but things haven’t improved from there and when there is no improvement from such young coach, he really has to go.

the Chargers are regressing and that is unforgivable.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Mike Greenberg and Rex Ryan unload on Staley. Scroll to 2:20.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I don't wish him ill will personally or any of that, My critique of him was based on what he said in the press conference - he thinks he is entitled as head coach to act that way and not be held accountable.

Rex Ryan said he belongs in Division 3 - I am not sure about that. But he was a terrible hire and I knew it from the start - he just didn't have the experience. The best thing for Staley would have been to be a DC for a few years

But I do agree with you that the Spanii need to fire him today - as you are right, he is so in over his head. They also need to fire Telesco as that dude is in over his head too

Comment

• BigBad
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

We are still here:

Chargers have beaten Kirk Cousins and three backups.

Staley sucks...good bye.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Noone hates on Brandon Staley here. Ppl just hate on Brandon Staley HC.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Staley is rattled. All the veneer is coming off. He had a chance to respond against an inferior team and failed. And the unit he is responsible for was the primary cause, dropped passes or not. The defense could have stood up but instead they played off/soft coverage and did not pass off assignments. Again. I have little hope he is going to have a great week and turn this around against a superior team with a superior coach. He needs to go and now. Nothing good is going to come of him staying. There is no risk. The defense cannot get worse. It is already the worst in the NFL. Maybe, just maybe Ainsley unleashed could be a good DC. We will never know if he serves as a puppet the rest of the season. Maybe, just maybe, Moore has what it takes to be a great HC. We will never know if Staley stays and puts his fingers all over everything. This team is not far away from being a very good to excellent team. Just needs a really good coach. We aint got that now and Staley is not going to suddenly get better.

I liked that he stood up for Johnston. No need to destroy whatever is left of his psyche.
                          I do not like that he basically said, "If you are thinking Kellen Moore should take my job the rest of the year, well, the offense sucks!"

TG
                          He also did the cardinal sin no coach should ever do...he threw his players under the bus

Comment

Working...
                          X