• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

1. Jaguars' all-time record in road games against the Chargers was 0-5.

2. Trevor Lawrence was 0-9 on the road.

Outcoached in every aspect of the game.

Staley is losing the fans quickly and I bet he is losing locker room as well - I think that I saw yesterday just after a game a tweet that locker room is in tact - that would have to be bullshit.

He can put his game balls into his ass.

Seriously I am one angry and dissapointed fan.

Herbert deserves better.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Not sure that even matters the Jaguars got smart and hired a HC with a proven track record and that team came ready to play yesterday and they kicked our asses.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Jags are a very good team and well coached by Pederson. I said before the game not to underestimate them and it would likely be a Charger loss.

However, I thought our defense would keep it a LOT closer.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Jags are a very good team and well coached by Pederson. I said before the game not to underestimate them and it would likely be a Charger loss.

However, I thought our defense would keep it a LOT closer.
          To me, that was the most disappoint part of the game. They had an answer for everything we tried on D and nobody stepped up. Once again, we failed to capitalize on a possible turnover and they didn't. I know they played a lot of snaps and wore down but I hate that excuse - force a few more punts or force some turnovers and get off the field and you won't be so worn out.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

To me, that was the most disappoint part of the game. They had an answer for everything we tried on D and nobody stepped up. Once again, we failed to capitalize on a possible turnover and they didn't. I know they played a lot of snaps and wore down but I hate that excuse - force a few more punts or force some turnovers and get off the field and you won't be so worn out.
            Again, not that it would have mattered in the end but Derwin James dropped an interception. The next play, guy does a crossing pattern and Samuel misses the tackle at the 23 and he moved the chains. They scored. Just not good

Defense was terrible yesterday - thats on Staley

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Again, not that it would have mattered in the end but Derwin James dropped an interception. The next play, guy does a crossing pattern and Samuel misses the tackle at the 23 and he moved the chains. They scored. Just not good

Defense was terrible yesterday - thats on Staley
              But it could have mattered. Turnovers are huge momentum swings and with losing so many bodies maybe we would have still fallen short but at least they would have had to earn it more.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

But it could have mattered. Turnovers are huge momentum swings and with losing so many bodies maybe we would have still fallen short but at least they would have had to earn it more.
                Yes, turnovers matter and I think the strip sack of Herbert occurred because he was trying to protect his ribs during the sack.

I’m not blaming Herbert. It’s what you would expect from a QB in pain with a serious injury.

This is why I thought Daniels or Stick should have played the game versus Herbert.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Yes, turnovers matter and I think the strip sack of Herbert occurred because he was trying to protect his ribs during the sack.

I’m not blaming Herbert. It’s what you would expect from a QB in pain with a serious injury.

This is why I thought Daniels or Stick should have played the game versus Herbert.
                  After seeing Herbert yesterday - Chase Daniels should have started the game and they should have had plays for Easton Stick and Herbert inactive. One game, rest him up for the season. Staley said this will linger but I would have to think taking the week off helps

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I'm not giving up on Staley just yet. Early season struggles don't necessarily mean a team is doomed. Though if Rashawn Slater is done for the season it makes me less confident.

If Staley does flame out, there's a lot of talk about Sean Payton replacing him. But others have noted Payton seems destined to coach the Cowboys. Much is being make about Doug Pederson being the ideal choice for the Jags because he's an experienced HC with a Super Bowl pedigree. But there aren't a lot of those guys available. And there are young first-time head coaches who are having success in the NFL.

Staley has coached a comparatively short time in the NFL, and that might help explain some of his struggles. I'd want the next coach to have longer experience in the NFL. They had the chance to hire Brian Daboll, but passed on him to hire Staley. Daboll has the Giants, of all teams, 2-0. They take on Dallas tonight.

Looking around the league, another candidate is starting to stand out - Shane Steichen, now the OC in Philly who seems to have made Jalen Hurts into a real NFL QB. If the Eagles have a lot of success this season, Steichen is going to be a hot commodity next off season. I was one of those who wanted Staley to retain Steichen - I thought the continuity would be good for Herbert during the uncertainty of a coaching change. Steichen, I believe, was instrumental in Herbert's success as a rookie.

Steichen has been in the league since 2011; his first NFL job was with the Chargers. Steichen has spent most of his NFL career with the Chargers, holding four positions. He is a native of Sacramento, and was a QB at Oak Ridge High School in El Dorado Hills. He also went on to QB at UNLV. He is young, only 37, but, again, he's been in the NFL for awhile, and other young, first-time head coaches are having success. Their common denominator is long experience in the NFL.

But, I'm not giving up on Staley just yet. He may be in over his head a bit, but he's not a fool. However, I fear his tenure as coach of the Chargers could be derailed by circumstances he can't control - injuries. The injury that concerns me the most next to Herbert's is Rashawn Slater. If Slater's season is done, it almost certainly means Pipkins at LT and Storm at RT for the rest of the season.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                      Chase Daniels should have started the game and they should have had plays for Easton Stick
                      My thinking exactly.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Steichen cannot happen tho, he is Spanos perfect candidate they will be able to influence him right left centre based on how long he was woth the team.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

I doubt Payton would work for Spanos and his meddling know nothing sons.

Brees spent many years close to Payton and no doubt clued him in on the ownership/management shitshow.

Johnboy wants “yes men”. It’s obvious in who they hire.

Comment

Working...
                          X