• Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    Is he better on the left ?
    My first idea was to put Pipskin at LT and Salyer at RT.
    He played LT at Georgia

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

I like something Staley said in his interview today. Something like...based on the evidence we feel Salyer at LT is the best move to make

In other words, the coaches are aware Norton is horrible and cant be trusted to protect an inured franchise QB. At least that is somewhat reassuring.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
        I like something Staley said in his interview today. Something like...based on the evidence we feel Salyer at LT is the best move to make

In other words, the coaches are aware Norton is horrible and cant be trusted to protect an inured franchise QB. At least that is somewhat reassuring.
        Stevie Wonder could see that Norton wasn’t the answer

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2022
          • Send PM

''A teammate I played with on the Patriots once told me, 'I hate that guy, I can't stand him -- but he's always right,' '' Kratch said. ''That's the bottom line with Bill. I know there are Jets players thinking, 'What have we gotten ourselves into with this guy?' Guys on the Patriots had the same reaction. You can't figure him out. He has distinct and different personalities. He tries to embarrass you or bully you one day, then coddle you the next, but in the end he does what is best for the team. And his teams always win.

''There are coaches in the league who don't coach you well and before you know it, there is someone knocking at your door, saying you're cut. I'd rather have Bill be hard on me and win than play for a coach who doesn't know what he's doing and lose. Ask any of those Jets' players what's more fun -- going 1-15 or making the playoffs with Parcells taking a chunk out of their rear ends every day?''

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Salyer was a very effective left tackle for Georgia. He only gave up 1 sack in 21 games. He just doesn't "look" like he'd be a good left tackle & doesn't necessarily look pretty doing it. This is a good article on him: https://www.si.com/college/georgia/n...view-nfl-draft

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

just listened to Staley's presser.... Beetlejuice is feelin' it.... he's stressed and pounding the coffee on top o' that,

strikes me as Boy Wonder who is having to make due without his Batman.... he is def earning his stripes and taking his licks, and.... dude knows his stuff and he's diggin' in.

on offense, it has nothing to do w/any of our skill position players, and has everything to do w/the Oline.... we were questionable @ 4/5 spots on the line.

Feiler is in jeopardy of not being resigned this offseason, unless he can find a coupla few cans of whoop ass before too long.... Storm is pretty much post mortem, and do think that Salyer is gonna show that he belongs @RT, and that despite however much better Pips might have gotten.... as I've said a coupla few times before.... it's not close.

come next season, still say Zion needs to be @LG, and Salyer @RT.... we still need to draft IOL, and prolly sign another FA as well.

far as I'm concerned, it lands w/team Tommy John.... they held true/were loyal to Pips 'n Storm, and same for the other side of the line w/Tillery.

Clapp is not the answer either.... talent evals are obviously not TT's strong suit (and prolly true for young John as well ?), and as said before, there are peoples in our scouting department who have been behind these players that have not panned out, and.... they are still employed by John Spanos.

dude needs to come out from behind the curtain, take responsibility for the decisions he's made, and absolve his wingman Tommy T. of some of the grief he's taken, and step up and make some in house personnel decisions within his scouting department.... the upgrade starts there.

ps. just catching Jamaree's video.... dude is the real deal.... he's a backup for a reason.... smh,

https://www.chargers.com/video/head-...ce-week-4-2022
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• DennisR91
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2021
                • Send PM

Coach Staley is undefeated here when scoring more than 32 points

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post
                  We just need to score more than 32 points then....

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Very funny - LOL. Thanks for the laugh.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

:mybrainhurts:
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Only one loss at LV 35-32

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91
                          Ya and come to think of it maybe that’s why he was going for all of those fourth downs last year because it would have indirectly brought us to a victory if successful

which brings up the issue of deficiency which I cannot pinpoint right now, that in theee downs this level of scoring cannot be accomplished

nonetheless You score 23 in the first half then a touchdown the third quarter then 2 field goals in the fourth. Something along that tempo .
                          Im thinking he did it because the defense couldnt stop anybody and we had to keep pace the entire game.

Comment

Working...
                          X