Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Draft Grades

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #85
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    Did someone say Asante was #2 CB in the draft?
    Yes someone did something to the effect of Samuel was the #2 on most boards.
    Then offered only one where he was.
    #13) P. Sewell (OT) UO/C. Farley (CB) VT
    #47) J. Tryon (EDGE) UW/W. Little (OT) STAN
    #77) Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) SU/P. Turner (EDGE) UH
    #97) Bobby Brown (IDL) TAMU/A. Cisco (DB) SU
    #118) S. Hutcherson (IOL) SC/T. Doyle (OT) MOH
    #159) K. Yeboah (TE) UMS/ M. Wilson (DB) UFL
    #185) D.Deablo (DB/DLB) VT/D. Hamlin (DB) PITT
    #198) Gerrid Doaks (RB) UC/J. Kaindoh (EDGE/DL) FSU
    #241) B.Stephens (DB) SMU/M. Strachan (WR/TE) CWV

    Comment


    • #86
      Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post

      I mean after drafting JOK then make a trade up for asante samuel it would have been nice
      What is the cost moving up from #77 to #48?
      #13) P. Sewell (OT) UO/C. Farley (CB) VT
      #47) J. Tryon (EDGE) UW/W. Little (OT) STAN
      #77) Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) SU/P. Turner (EDGE) UH
      #97) Bobby Brown (IDL) TAMU/A. Cisco (DB) SU
      #118) S. Hutcherson (IOL) SC/T. Doyle (OT) MOH
      #159) K. Yeboah (TE) UMS/ M. Wilson (DB) UFL
      #185) D.Deablo (DB/DLB) VT/D. Hamlin (DB) PITT
      #198) Gerrid Doaks (RB) UC/J. Kaindoh (EDGE/DL) FSU
      #241) B.Stephens (DB) SMU/M. Strachan (WR/TE) CWV

      Comment


      • #87
        No Telesco is serious, player not position. That’s how it went off the rails in 3rd rd. Or least what most of us thought would happen. Also think that strategy leds to complacency. I would have like to trade up in the 3rd to get Stanford CB Paulson Adebo or Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste. My thinking was positions, in secondary and also higher grades than WR or TE.

        Again, Telesco drafts players with specific traits. I get that now. Those traits however are only known to a few who have the research and do the backgrounds. About all we can do is look from the outside and push our players with known traits we feel comfortable about and just throw darts at needs.

        Comment


        • #88
          Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
          No Telesco is serious, player not position. That’s how it went off the rails in 3rd rd. Or least what most of us thought would happen. Also think that strategy leds to complacency. I would have like to trade up in the 3rd to get Stanford CB Paulson Adebo or Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste. My thinking was positions, in secondary and also higher grades than WR or TE.

          Again, Telesco drafts players with specific traits. I get that now. Those traits however are only known to a few who have the research and do the backgrounds. About all we can do is look from the outside and push our players with known traits we feel comfortable about and just throw darts at needs.
          We could have drafted Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) at either of our 3rds. He was a top 20 prospect for me.
          #13) P. Sewell (OT) UO/C. Farley (CB) VT
          #47) J. Tryon (EDGE) UW/W. Little (OT) STAN
          #77) Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) SU/P. Turner (EDGE) UH
          #97) Bobby Brown (IDL) TAMU/A. Cisco (DB) SU
          #118) S. Hutcherson (IOL) SC/T. Doyle (OT) MOH
          #159) K. Yeboah (TE) UMS/ M. Wilson (DB) UFL
          #185) D.Deablo (DB/DLB) VT/D. Hamlin (DB) PITT
          #198) Gerrid Doaks (RB) UC/J. Kaindoh (EDGE/DL) FSU
          #241) B.Stephens (DB) SMU/M. Strachan (WR/TE) CWV

          Comment


          • #89
            Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

            We could have drafted Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) at either of our 3rds. He was a top 20 prospect for me.
            I agree, must have been some other trait we don’t know about that knocked him out?

            This may help a little, know it made me feel better -
             

            Comment


            • #90
              Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              No Telesco is serious, player not position. That’s how it went off the rails in 3rd rd. Or least what most of us thought would happen. Also think that strategy leds to complacency. I would have like to trade up in the 3rd to get Stanford CB Paulson Adebo or Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste. My thinking was positions, in secondary and also higher grades than WR or TE.

              Again, Telesco drafts players with specific traits. I get that now. Those traits however are only known to a few who have the research and do the backgrounds. About all we can do is look from the outside and push our players with known traits we feel comfortable about and just throw darts at needs.
              Unfortunately, in the third round, Telesco resolved the age old player versus position debate by doing neither and reaching for players at positions that were not those of greatest need.

              What is it about Telesco and the third round anyway? Maybe next year when the third round begins, the team should consider sending Telesco out for snacks and soda.

              Comment


              • #91
                Ravens fans are bitching about taking a 7th rounder at the end of the 3rd. It’s their team, they take the players they need for whatever reason they want. And it’s not based on outside groupthink draft lists.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.

                PROTECT THE FRANCHISE !

                Comment


                • #92
                  Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

                  Unfortunately, in the third round, Telesco resolved the age old player versus position debate by doing neither and reaching for players at positions that were not those of greatest need.

                  What is it about Telesco and the third round anyway? Maybe next year when the third round begins, the team should consider

                  sending Telesco out for snacks and soda.
                  I think it will work out fine, they really, really wanted both on this roster. Both will probably get 2nd contracts if they fulfill expectations, if that happens I’m not going to bitch about it.

                  Tom Telesco is very conservative, and doesn’t go for high ceiling players it seems 3rd rd, and after. Was hoping to go all defensive secondary in the 3rd, instead went all offensive, lol

                  Comment


                  • #93
                    Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

                    I think it will work out fine, they really, really wanted both on this roster. Both will probably get 2nd contracts if they fulfill expectations, if that happens I’m not going to bitch about it.

                    Tom Telesco is very conservative, and doesn’t go for high ceiling players it seems 3rd rd, and after. Was hoping to go all defensive secondary in the 3rd, instead went all offensive, lol
                    Your best Defense is to keep your offense on the field as long as possible each and every game!

                    Superbowl Bound! Yeah Baby!

                    Comment


                    • #94
                      Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

                      Your best Defense is to keep your offense on the field as long as possible each and every game!

                      Except the passing attack won’t eat much clock.......

                      Comment


                      • #95
                        Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

                        Except the passing attack won’t eat much clock.......
                        It does when the pass is completed and they stay in bounds.

                        Comment


                        • #96
                          Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          Ravens fans are bitching about taking a 7th rounder at the end of the 3rd. It’s their team, they take the players they need for whatever reason they want. And it’s not based on outside groupthink draft lists.
                          I agree. We truly dont have a clue what characteristics are being used on these potential draft picks to rank them. We dont get paid as professionals to do it either. Its subjective. We are armchair GMs. If you get the player you want you can argue it doesnt matter what round you get them in...we have been fed the structure for value but its not even agreed upon by coaches and GMs. It makes us feel better thinking we did great or poorly but how others ranked players but it means nothing now...we have players and where they were drafted I assure you doesnt matter to Staley. He just wants performance and buyin and who cares if the 6th rounder outperforms a 2nd rounder...its the wrong measurement as soon as they are drafted.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X