• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

He was hurt last year, I would not be opposed to bringing him back on the cheap. He will be used much better now and in a rotation so if he is healthy then bring him in. If he is done then you can always cut him during preseason.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      No thanks.
      showing up fat to camp last season told me his heart isn't into it
      then the hold-in followed by immediately getting hurt, idk, I feel a bit swindled
      visiting the Red also told me he has no sense of rivalry
      still can't get the imagine out of my head of him (and lambo) laughing it up with the raiders after an L
      jesus christ has football changed
      ya I'll take heat here for my unpopular opinions but I'll also stand by them, pass on Ingram
      use the cap elsewhere or roll over
      Did he show up fat? In terms of hold outs, it was pretry benign compared to others. It just sucked that he got injured last year but I never questioned his commitment or work ethic like others.

Lynn explained that Ingram has been involved in meetings and walk-throughs.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Honestly, I don’t see the Chargers looking at him unless there’s injuries. He would probably be the first veteran FA they look at over someone like Houston.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He got let go and was looking for a job, I never blame a player for that. NFL has no loyalty to players, they are just equipment in the factory.

I get it and that’s valid
          as a fan, it’s uninspiring
          As a GM, I can find mercenaries anywhere, but would like more from someone I showed SIGNIFICANT LOYALTY, especially during his lame ass “hold-in” that weak HC all but applauded
          jmo
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I get it and that’s valid
            as a fan, it’s uninspiring
            As a GM, I can find mercenaries anywhere, but would like more from someone I showed SIGNIFICANT LOYALTY, especially during his lame ass “hold-in” that weak HC all but applauded
            jmo
            Maybe he didn’t know about your loyalty oath. Did you tell him? I don’t think he got a lot of calls to be selective in seeing other teams. How many invited him to even visit? I’ve heard of 2, KC and MIA, not sure if there were others.

he looks like a possible add as a rotational role - I don’t think he has the gas to run 60 plays a game. Maybe 20 and some young Turks would give his pride factor a shot of juice. we could use depth on the front though I am as/more worried about interior DL.

Agree i wouldn’t spend alot on him and they need to check his gas tank, Staley would have to figure that out in TC/PS. Being as old in tooth as he is, is his vet contract guaranteed i the sign him in June?
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Did he show up fat? In terms of hold outs, it was pretry benign compared to others. It just sucked that he got injured last year but I never questioned his commitment or work ethic like others.
              Eyeball test. I kept commenting what I saw and a few others agreed but he looked back to his 260 self

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Maybe he didn’t know about your loyalty oath. Did you tell him? I don’t think he got a lot of calls to be selective in seeing other teams. How many invited him to even visit? I’ve heard of 2, KC and MIA, not sure if there were others.

he looks like a possible add as a rotational role - I don’t think he has the gas to run 60 plays a game. Maybe 20 and some young Turks would give his pride factor a shot of juice. we could use depth on the front though I am as/more worried about interior DL.

Agree i wouldn’t spend alot on him and they need to check his gas tank, Staley would have to figure that out in TC/PS. Being as old in tooth as he is, is his vet contract guaranteed i the sign him in June?
                Haha obviously he doesn’t need or care about my opinion, just giving my .02 on a fan thread.
                I think people are simplifying it for MI, to me, there is no need for a visit, you know what KC is offering, the visit was not benign, it was to send a message, an unneeded one.
                Maybe I’m wrong, but why risk signing a potentially resentful guy? Unless Staley bangs the table, I’m good.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                  He was hurt last year, I would not be opposed to bringing him back on the cheap. He will be used much better now and in a rotation so if he is healthy then bring him in. If he is done then you can always cut him during preseason.
                  I think so too. I remember he over extended one of his knee early in the season and was never the same. Imagine Dwight Feeney was 38 when he retired. Supamel is only 32 so I think he still has gas left in the tank. Maybe this new coaching staff will take his game to a new level

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

From TT’s last interview with Money, I don’t see it happening.

I think the FO was bummed when Supa held out, then paid him all that guaranteed $ and getting absolutely nothing in return.

Watching him cruise around the parking lot in that ridiculous 3-wheel bat-mobile didn’t help either.
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

At this point he's a marginal NFL player.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

I don't recall anyone on the team beating him out of his job last year. Injury was the only thing that beat him out of his job. My guess is he's probably still better than the rest of the pack. Bring him back and see if that's the case.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          I don't recall anyone on the team beating him out of his job last year. Injury was the only thing that beat him out of his job. My guess is he's probably still better than the rest of the pack. Bring him back and see if that's the case.
                          That's assuming last year's coaching staff made honest evaluations of players.

Regardless, he played poorly (not just stat wise) and is another year older, slower, and more injured. He'll hook up with a team once injuries hit. But if he wasn't a marginal player, he'd be on a roster.

Comment

Working...
                          X