POLL: Should the Bolts Sign Justin Houston?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    I'm still PO'd at AJ Smith for drafting Jonas Mouton while Justin Houston was still on the board. Imagine what could have been been with Houston and Ingram rushing the passer for the Bolts.
    No way to argue about your Mouton point. What a waste! But Houston had off field red flags and that was a big reason Chiefs were able to get him. He ended up a good citizen in the NFL

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      Did I miss something?
      Carl Lawson signed a 3-year $45 million contact with the Jets in March.
      Yep...so it's either Houston, re-sign InvisiMel for a dirt cheap deal, put him in the rotation to keep his old legs a bit fresher and HOPE he regains maybe 70% of his previous form, OR roll with Nwosu and Sackwell...

Comment

• OCBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...so it's either Houston, re-sign InvisiMel for a dirt cheap deal, put him in the rotation to keep his old legs a bit fresher and HOPE he regains maybe 70% of his previous form, OR roll with Nwosu and Sackwell...
        Are we forgetting about our 4th round draft pick, Chris Rumph? Does anyone think he will contribute this year? I for one would like to see Rumph & Nwosu get more playing time than Fackrell (Sackwell).

Comment

• DragonIce
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2021
          • Arizona
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OCBolt View Post
          I for one would like to see Rumph & Nwosu get more playing time than Fackrell (Sackwell).
          Seems overwhelmingly likely that Nwosu gets most reps. As for Rumph and Fackrell, I hope Rumph merits more PT, but I kinda doubt he will.

This draft was very thin on edge players, so Rumph's selection in the 4th is kinda like a 6th or 7th round pick in a normal year.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OCBolt View Post

Are we forgetting about our 4th round draft pick, Chris Rumph? Does anyone think he will contribute this year? I for one would like to see Rumph & Nwosu get more playing time than Fackrell (Sackwell).
            Bosa and Nwosu are the starting EDGE players with both Rumph and Fackrell used in rotation to keep fresh legs.
            Rumph and Fackrell will be core ST players. They will be used in certain defenses packages with both Bosa/Nwosu on the field together aka “NASCAR” speed packages.
            Rumph will need a year or 2 to develop his strength/power profile to be on the field in early down situations consistently.
            Egbule is the bubble player at the position now.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• PORTERPARTY1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2020
              • Send PM

Can Rumpf play at olb/mlb? If so that would help. We could use Ingram at a low cost.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I am now tbd
                Wait for training camp to see what you have with the current players on the roster
                and if he is available and there is a need - maybe sign him

(My guess a lot of veterans are waiting for training camps to open to see what teams might have depth issues - Sherman, Houston, Steven Nelson, the OL out there)

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Having athletic LBs will also be a huge boon to getting pressure.
                    With Staley’s alignment concepts that dictate 1v1 matchups or free runners, Derwin, K9, Kyzir, and Tranquil will get some free runs at the QB. This should produce some 2nd half opposing offensive collapses as QBs will be throwing early, off platform, and backfooted. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.
                    Im looking for at least 3 defensive scores in 2021.
                    Last edited by like54ninjas; 07-01-2021, 07:20 AM.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Ingram still has some value. I just wouldn't overpay for it.

His biggest value is that he can rush from anywhere. hand down, hand up, inside, outside, blitz ... whatever. At this stage he is not the kind of guy who is going to have an amazing burst off the edge, but he can still get after the QB.

But we added some depth with Fackell ... I think we want to see Nwosu gets some quality snap ... Tillery flashes some inside and out ... Rumph looks like he could be a good situational guy (at least) ... and we still have Bosa.

I would like to add him, but we don't really don't need to add him. in fact, if we do add him, I would see him rushing inside more than outside. joseph is our best inside rusher, but he has old legs and at his size he wears down as the game goes on. Tillery and Jones aren't consistent. Adding Ingram to play as a situational rusher inside is his biggest strength.

Comment

• Flanker7
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2021
                        • Send PM

I would love for Ingram to be retained only if he is healthy and in great playing shape. Last year, he didn't enter the season with his usual playing shape. He had put on quite a bit of weight which could have led to his injury. But when he is health and in playing shape, he is a beast as we all know. Staley's defense set up perfectly for Ingram. It means Ingram first before considering at Huston. Telesco has to make a decision very soon before they are both gone.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

No way to argue about your Mouton point. What a waste! But Houston had off field red flags and that was a big reason Chiefs were able to get him. He ended up a good citizen in the NFL

TG
                          Just tested possitive for weed at the combine. Didnt have other off field issues and to me, that isnt really an issue either.
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia F/U Telesco
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                          X