Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
    Acee can go fuck himself he has zero credibility
    This. So that probably means Weddle will get his contract extension next week lol.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

It will be a couple weeks. Normally, they try to get the rookies signed prior to the 1st minicamp, and usually we get everyone in. I would love it if immediately after that, Weddle and Rivers sign their new deals and Acee looks like even more of an idiot then usual.

My big problem with Acee is that he likes to mix in his opinions and treat them like fact. Clearly the guy doesn't think like an NFL front office guy at all, so it usually causes him to be wrong.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        It will be a couple weeks. Normally, they try to get the rookies signed prior to the 1st minicamp, and usually we get everyone in. I would love it if immediately after that, Weddle and Rivers sign their new deals and Acee looks like even more of an idiot then usual.

My big problem with Acee is that he likes to mix in his opinions and treat them like fact. Clearly the guy doesn't think like an NFL front office guy at all, so it usually causes him to be wrong.
        I just don't like his snarky tone. If you read or listen to him, he is very careful about covering his ass when saying something. "I've heard from someone in the front office..." leaves him a perfect out if it doesn't really happen.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Eric D. Williams, ESPN San Diego Chargers reporter

SAN DIEGO -- With just five selections left in this year’s draft, it might be difficult for San Diego Chargers general manager Tom Telesco to fill the rest of the needs his team has on the roster.

But Telesco said that was the risk he had to take by sending San Diego’s first- and fourth-round picks this year and fifth-round pick next year to the San Francisco 49ers in order to move up two spots and select running back Melvin Gordon at No. 15.

“You don’t like to give up picks, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get an impact player,” Telesco said.

The Chargers have the No. 48 overall selection in the second round and No. 83 in the third round.

With no fourth-round selection, San Diego will select at No. 153 in the fifth round and No. 192 in the sixth round. The Chargers do not have a seventh-round pick because they gave it to the Dallas Cowboys in a trade for Sean Lissemore five years ago.

But don’t expect the Chargers to stand pat. They can trade players to secure more picks (Eric Weddle?) or move down in order to secure some extra selections.

“We’ve got to make the picks work," Telesco said. “And it’s still early in the draft, so maybe we can accumulate a couple more. We’ll see.”
          The second time in 2 days that reporters covering the Chargers have hinted he may not be here long. One of the comments on the radio was that TT doesn't value safeties as high as other positions. Acee is Acee and I can see how his opinion can be ignored, but Williams adding to this really makes me wonder about their feelings and value about Weddle.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            The second time in 2 days that reporters covering the Chargers have hinted he may not be here long. One of the comments on the radio was that TT doesn't value safeties as high as other positions. Acee is Acee and I can see how his opinion can be ignored, but Williams adding to this really makes me wonder about their feelings and value about Weddle.
            I think they love everything about Weddle. I think they don't love him being 31 at seasons end and paying premium money for too many years. If it is a multi-year extension, I hope there is funny money involved and we can get out if it after 2 years without killing our cap. It is just not prudent to pay premium dollar for a 31 y old safety at the end of this season. It all depends on what the structure would look like IMO.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

I said it before, and I'll say it again.

They need to get Rivers situation done, first. He demands the most Cap space, and that will have a large influence on how much is left, and available to fill at all other positions around him.

It's the jar with Rocks, pebbles, and sand scenario. Got to put in the large rocks first, then the pebbles, then you fill in with the sand.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
              X