• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

I finally get my guy. Man i cant explain how happy i am. The one guy i put more time into than any other. Huge love affair with this player. He is such a perfect fit for us.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Flash Gordon actually fit Darrien Gordon....

I like Commissioner Gordon.
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

I had a longer post error on me. Least to say I hate this pick with conviction. Everybody in AFC West got stronger and we took a step back.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Classic View Post
          I had a longer post error on me. Least to say I hate this pick with conviction. Everybody in AFC West got stronger and we took a step back.
          Melvin Gordon makes us worse?

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Explain?

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 2 minutes ago

Melvin Gordon looked up to LaDainian Tomlinson as kid. Played with Chargers in video games as middle schooler because of him.
              RB, trade up to get him, LT was his childhood idol, issues with fumbling, not a good pass blocker, can't catch. I dunno, sounds a bit familiar for some reason.

Probably makes the Chargers offense better next year and if they're gone the following year then I guess I shouldn't complain. As I said in another thread, I think RBs are the players you look to add when you are a team either in the window or ascending to it. Looking at his scouting report he looks to be a 2 down back and I tend to think unpredictability on offense is something you should covet. Perhaps he is good enough that we can count on third and short routinely so he can be on the field on third down.

When you say you build through the draft, and this team is hardly a young one, then I don't think trading picks is a good idea. Fourth round picks are not camp fodder, and with a team that looks to build depth via the waiver wire I think doing so hurts the team in the long term.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

There are reasons to not like the pick, but it is not a step back. The Bolts may have added 7 points a game with that pick.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                  Melvin Gordon makes us worse?
                  He doesn't. The single biggest hole on the team was the lack of a starting RB and we got an impact player to fill that role. Love the pick. I can see not wanting to trade picks to move up, but we are definitely better off with him.

Comment

• vinabolt
                    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                    • Feb 2015
                    • Send PM

I know college productions and durability in college are overrate. But Gordon's productions are some ridiculous numbers. These number of TDs and yards are numbers you see in high school or some smaller division college football. I can't get my Madden's RB to average 8 ypc. On video he seems to be a good all around RB. His game speed looks much faster than the combine.

The only small issues I doesn't like is that he seems to looking to run outside. Defenders in the NFL are much much faster at closing. NFL defenses are much better coached and they know how to take away the outside.

The other small issues is: I remember talking to my ex wife (Redskin fan) after getting turn-off by all the RGIII commercials in his rookie year. I told her that RGIII needs to be watching films instead of doing all these commercials. I question his dedication and concentration to the game. It just doesn't feel right. She laugh it off. Sure enough, now that RGIII suck and turn into close-to-bust status, Subway stay away from him.

And then there is MGIII, MGIII doing all these commercial while haven't even get draft and haven't had any success in the NFL. This turn me off. But I do realize that QBs needs much more time and effort than RBs. Overall, I still happy with this pick.
                    Last edited by vinabolt; 05-01-2015, 07:19 AM.
                    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Telesco hates the 4th round! Will do whatever it takes to avoid picking in that round each year.

TG
                      Conflicts with his massage appt.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                        RB, trade up to get him, LT was his childhood idol, issues with fumbling, not a good pass blocker, can't catch. I dunno, sounds a bit familiar for some reason.
                        Issues with fumbling? That's 90% of college RB, and Gurley had way more issues with it. LT had fumbling issues coming out of college, so did AP. Gordon can catch, just didn't get asked to do it a lot at Wisconsin. He can learn from one of the best in Woodhead while he perfects it. He can pass block, again just wasn't asked to do it that much, but this is a problem most RB have coming out of college.

You're quick to point out the 'flaws' but don't acknowledge the tremendous skill set he has. Played in 41 straight games, no major injury history, set a college record for YPC over his career while teams had 8-9 people in the box consistently. Great vision, makes people miss in space, breaks tackles. The most important things we need at the RB position is someone that can stay healthy and can run the ball effectively. Those are the things Gordon brings to the team.

Comment

• Big Dog
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Alex Flanagan ‏@Alex_Flanagan 10 seconds ago

Chargers GM Tom Telesco says Melvin Gordon is the best pass protecting running back in this draft
                          somebody tell TT he can stop lying, liar's month is over after he picks the guy,

MGIII one big weakness is pass blocking he is not even top 3 best pass blockers

Love the pick though, we needed an impact player. ... Wonder who TT would have picked if both top RB were still on the board
                          Last edited by Big Dog; 04-30-2015, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X