Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
    RB, trade up to get him, LT was his childhood idol, issues with fumbling, not a good pass blocker, can't catch. I dunno, sounds a bit familiar for some reason.

Probably makes the Chargers offense better next year and if they're gone the following year then I guess I shouldn't complain. As I said in another thread, I think RBs are the players you look to add when you are a team either in the window or ascending to it. Looking at his scouting report he looks to be a 2 down back and I tend to think unpredictability on offense is something you should covet. Perhaps he is good enough that we can count on third and short routinely so he can be on the field on third down.

When you say you build through the draft, and this team is hardly a young one, then I don't think trading picks is a good idea. Fourth round picks are not camp fodder, and with a team that looks to build depth via the waiver wire I think doing so hurts the team in the long term.
    Now I has a sad....
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Have a tissue...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Onedifference maker is better than two competent guys.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
          Melvin City

Melvin Gordon
          Melvin Ingram
          Melvin Upton
          Now go sign a Wedgie.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Faded blues
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

Looks to run outside.....haha

All running backs eventually Hit the outside on their runs That are taken to the house. Gordon went to the house a lot so I guess he is an outside runner.

Best way of reducing a qbs risk to getting injured is having him hand off the ball.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

RB, trade up to get him, LT was his childhood idol, issues with fumbling, not a good pass blocker, can't catch. I dunno, sounds a bit familiar for some reason.

Probably makes the Chargers offense better next year and if they're gone the following year then I guess I shouldn't complain. As I said in another thread, I think RBs are the players you look to add when you are a team either in the window or ascending to it. Looking at his scouting report he looks to be a 2 down back and I tend to think unpredictability on offense is something you should covet. Perhaps he is good enough that we can count on third and short routinely so he can be on the field on third down.

When you say you build through the draft, and this team is hardly a young one, then I don't think trading picks is a good idea. Fourth round picks are not camp fodder, and with a team that looks to build depth via the waiver wire I think doing so hurts the team in the long term.

I share some of your concerns.

I like the player. He seems like a good kid and the production will be there. The Tomlinson comparisons are premature at best and borderline ridiculous at this point. But I understand the emotion and excitement.

My opinion has always been that RB....in today's NFL...is probably the least important position on offense. I'm not saying you trot out any schmuck, but I'm not sure if a trade up in the first round is warranted either. JMO...but I would have taken our chances with sitting at #17 or even entertaining a trade down. I agree with Den60 that I've noticed that the teams that in recent years have made early pushes for RB are those that feel they are close to contending. It just seems like a luxury position IMO.

Den....your last line was the most important, I think.

Again...just my opinion...not trying to rain on anybody's parade. I think Gordon will be an exciting player for us. If he simply stays healthy he will easily eclipse any RB production we've had the last few years.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Sec-E4
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2014
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

If he has a Nose for the EnDZone...He can be a dude with multiple Nick names like Babe Ruth, I'm in no way comparing greatness or saying he goods or great or anything yet. I'm just saying that would be cool if he earns a Nick Name and avoids being a little bitch/Bust.

If he drops some NFL Hammer's, Then here's a few he can look forward to "Cash Gordon" "Smash Gordon" " Air Gordon" " Gordonology" "Melvin Klein" "SnakeSkin Melvin" "Freshmen Melvin" "Van Melvin" "Fire Warden Gordon"

If the dude is a ball hog, He can be "Hoarding Gordon" if he wins an award, He can be "Shelving Melvin"

I'm just saying there's soooo much more than "Flash Gordon" ...Anyways, He hasn't touched an NFL ball yet...So let's root for our new Charger & welcome his ass aboard

Comment

• homeless simpson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

they should use The Melvins as the team nickname.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Backed by The Misfits?
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                      Lol to

Acee canepe Hartman costa Jeff Dave and smith all the local Aholes talking about trading rivers.

McCoy said we had never considered trading rivers. Dude was pissed. Love McCoy.
                      You have some serious issues... Never heard some of those names say they should trade him.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon fumbled for the first time in his productive career Saturday, coughing it up in the first quarter against Bowling Green. It is odd to celebrate a fumble, but the really impressive stat indicates how reliable Gordon has been since he joined the Wisconsin backfield in 2012.  ESPN's Brett McMurphy pointed out that it was Gordon's first fumble in 322 carries. As a freshman in 2012 behind Montee Ball and James White, Gordon hit big plays on the way to averaging more than 10 yards per carry and rushing 621 yards.

Issues with fumbling???? Ummm....are you sure you got the right guy? There are backs in this draft like Abdullah and Ajayi with fumbling issues. That has not been a huge problem for Gordon.

Edit*** yes he did fumble down the stretch. However, prior to those 5 games he had shown a great proficiency at taking care of the football. I am not stressed about that aspect of his game ....... Yet.
                          Last edited by Panamamike; 05-01-2015, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X