• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marshall/Boogie
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

If you're in the war room, and all the trench guys on your board with a 3rd round grade or higher are gone, I can see where taking a raw guy (but that has the measureables) from a small school at another position of need is very viable option.

So far I'm seeing in this draft the premiums are: production, no injury issues - and on the def side add tackling and nasty streak.

Not sexy picks (except the 1st round), but solid football players with the p word (potential).

Forgive me for not tearing TT a new one until seeing the picks play in actual bolt uniforms.
    Last edited by Marshall/Boogie; 05-01-2015, 09:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• homeless simpson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I like this pick better than our 2nd rd pick

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
        If you're in the war room, and all the trench guys on your board with a 3rd round grade or higher are gone, I can see where taking a raw guy (but that has the measureables) from a small school at another position of need is very viable option.

So far I'm seeing in this draft the premiums are: production, no injury issues - and on the def side add tackling and nasty streak.

Not sexy picks (except the 1st round), but solid football players with the p word (potential).

Forgive me for not tearing TT a new one until seeing the picks play in actual bolt uniforms.
        agreed

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
          I like this pick better than our 2nd rd pick
          I believe you will change your mind on that when you see Denzel play. He is a helluva football player. He definitely won't be missing tackles like Butler. Strengthening vs the run is not only accomplished at NT as some here seem to think. Again, I believe the team thinks very highly of Carreathers. Denzel will be a very good player for us.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Im just shocked we went CB. I dont hate the player. I think hes an athletic freak looking at his numbers and production. Im just annoyed personally because i put all my studies into the positions i had no doubt we would be taking. OL/OLB/RB/WR/DT. I really didnt think we would go CB high. Definitely not ILB. I love Perryman though. I think i was trying to get us to bring in London Fletcher for a few years. Similar player to him and DQ Jackson.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

My guess is that they have a ton of guys with similar grades for RG.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                Im guessing his Dad remarried and for awhile he took on the other parenting role until his Dad remarried?
                Nickel DB in the 3rd with potential to start eventually is ok.

I still hate that Porkchops is starting. Him and Fluker on one side is a disaster. Fluker needs someone that can help him inside so he can focus outside. Not to mention not miss so many assignments.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post

Kids are reading this.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Im just shocked we went CB. I dont hate the player. I think hes an athletic freak looking at his numbers and production. Im just annoyed personally because i put all my studies into the positions i had no doubt we would be taking. OL/OLB/RB/WR/DT. I really didnt think we would go CB high. Definitely not ILB. I love Perryman though. I think i was trying to get us to bring in London Fletcher for a few years. Similar player to him and DQ Jackson.
                    I def wasn't directing any of my post at you. Just trying to enjoy being a fan when it seems a good bit of people are thoroughly annoyed and disapproving - and camp hasn't even started! : - )
                    Last edited by Marshall/Boogie; 05-01-2015, 09:46 PM. Reason: spelling again
                    Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                      Nickel DB in the 3rd with potential to start eventually is ok.

I still hate that Porkchops is starting. Him and Fluker on one side is a disaster. Fluker needs someone that can help him inside so he can focus outside. Not to mention not miss so many assignments.
                      That's not a good scenario.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

There is a long time between now and TC. I am certain Porkchop will not be our starter.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

He gets burned for 2 TDs in this game but my God is he good against the run. Well the option i should say. I still think he could end up at Safety. Especially with those run D abilities. Looks natural returning punts as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X