• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

New Chargers CB Craig Mager had the seventh best run stopping grade among CBs in the draft class.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

If he can be some sort of hybrid LB/safety/CB disruptor...it might turn out to be a good pick.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
          Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

New Chargers CB Craig Mager had the seventh best run stopping grade among CBs in the draft class.

When I looked at the guy it brought back memories of Rogers Beckett. At least physically. But it looks like Mager is more athletic.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Very nice diagram there with the draft prospect mandala, TTK.

Good to see Mager's only weakness seems to be arm length. And he might be a little slow coming out of the gate (10-yard dash).
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              This could be a similar pick to the Packers Damarious Randall. Smaller coverage safety that they will use at CB or on the boundary as a safety. Long gone are the big in the box type safeties with all the passing. I think he could end up at safety. More range and better in coverage than Addai. Who knows. Im trying to make him a Safety to feel better about it. I was hoping for a RG/OT. Pass rush. I really like Tre Jackson.
              Yes, me too. A couple guys on another Charger board said he wasnt very good a while back and one called him garbage so i watched numerous video of him and i dont know what the fuck they are talking about. He lunges sometime but i think he is a good player who could be a star with coach D. I really wanted us to get him in the 3rd. Much more mobile than Troutman while being as big and gets to the second level well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                Very nice diagram there with the draft prospect mandala, TTK.

Good to see Mager's only weakness seems to be arm length. And he might be a little slow coming out of the gate (10-yard dash).
                Those are good measurables. However, I saw a video against Navy where he was so eager to get to the ballcarier, he bit hard on a play action and left the WR wide open for a easy TD. He could run a 3.5 and he wasnt recovering from that, lol. He has some work to do in his game. Like i said, he could be 5th on the CB depth chart.

We'll see, but i do not like the pick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                  When I looked at the guy it brought back memories of Rogers Beckett. At least physically. But it looks like Mager is more athletic.
                  Thats not reassuring, lol. What school did he go to again? Timbucktoo U?

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Another small-school player who has looked good to NFL evaluators is Texas State’s Craig Mager. He did a good job of running with receivers and had an impressive breakup along the sidelines in the one-on-ones. Mager did a nice job of timing his contact and playing the ball. After the practice, the Chargers were meeting with Mager and he certainly would make sense for San Diego as a day-three pick.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/eastwest20...elda4714Fpx.99

East Team: Quarterbacks: There isn’t too much to see here with the quarterbacks on either roster, but ODU’s Taylor Heinicke is best of this group. He may sneak into the last round of the draft, but at worst is a priority free agent. He shows command of the offense, and displays a good feel in ... More »

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Those are good measurables. However, I saw a video against Navy where he was so eager to get to the ballcarier, he bit hard on a play action and left the WR wide open for a easy TD. He could run a 3.5 and he wasnt recovering from that, lol. He has some work to do in his game. Like i said, he could be 5th on the CB depth chart.

We'll see, but i do not like the pick.
                      To be fair though, like Fleet said, Navy runs the ball 90% of the time or something like that so that's kind of an unrealistic situation.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

To be fair though, like Fleet said, Navy runs the ball 90% of the time or something like that so that's kind of an unrealistic situation.
                        That is a good point. They only threw 7 passes in that game with 5 completions and two TDs.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by G-Money View Post
                          I would kick Tolesco's ass if he were in my Fantasy Football League.
                          And he would kick in your ass if you were an NFL GM.

Comment

Working...
                          X