Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

D

Good talent, but didn't address the primary needs in the early rounds, and gave away a pick for a RB in what is now a predominantly passing league. We still have no pass rush and still have a questionable offensive line at best. Games are won & lost in the trenches, but apparently we're the only ones who have noticed.

Comment

• Faded blues
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2013
      • Send PM

We sucked at 4 things last year.

Stopping the run
      Running
      Scoring in the redzone
      Getting off the field in third down

I think we will be muched improved in 4 due to this draft.

A

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

We got my favorite player in the draft. So i dont really care. lol

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Maybe Robinson starts at C and Watt moves to RG.
          I like Robinson but I want to see anything to get Porkchop on the bench.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
            D

Good talent, but didn't address the primary needs in the early rounds, and gave away a pick for a RB in what is now a predominantly passing league. We still have no pass rush and still have a questionable offensive line at best. Games are won & lost in the trenches, but apparently we're the only ones who have noticed.
            Hell, even though my grade was sarcastic I would have given them a better grade than that even though I don't like taking a RB that high unless you are a RB short of being competitive for the SB. Obviously, though, I don't like trading mid round picks to move up to do so. I'd probably give them a B-/C+ based on the following:

1. Gordon: RB was a need. If Rivers has to carry the team behind this o-line then he will get killed. Woodhead is coming off injury and on the wrong side of 30. Our other backs pretty much suck. Our o-line is better run blocking than pass blocking. If he isn't a guy who benefited from the system and can run through tighter holes he does have breakaway ability. The Chargers played better when Mathews was in. Concerns are fumbling, pass catching, pass blocking, and the fact he got so many carries in college.

2. Perryman: Sometimes guys like this play better than their level of talent. We aren't very physical at the ILB position and he is. Supposedly good football smarts. We don't tackle well and he does. Concerns are his pass coverage skills, speed and quickness to make it at the next level. He also probably needs to add some weight and you wonder if he can do that without hurting his quickness.

3. Mager: Good speed. Very raw. Though guys on here hated Wright he was a good ST player for us. Mager probably assumes that role initially. If he develops then perhaps he can develop into a contributor or starter.

4. Not having a fourth hurts the grade. We lack depth and could have found some in the 4th.

5. Emmanuel. Again given the lack of depth on this team he is a guy who seems like he would play hard on STs. Hard to say how he does in the NFL because he played at a lower level of competition at NDSU.

6. Philon: Obviously we have a weak d-line. Some concerns about his knee. Not a lot of size and not much height to add more. Not really a 3-4 player but given our line he probably will be given a chance to develop.

We probably drafted better for the short term than the long term. Gordon may, by himself, give the Chargers a couple more wins than they would have with drafting a lower tier back (I expected one in the second). But I don't think that will be enough to make us a serious SB contender.
            Last edited by Den60; 05-02-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

as long as Gordon provides plenty of excitement, then I'm good. same score as Fleet.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

I just want to see the rookies on the field, not on the training table. If that's the case and they contribute, I'm happy with this draft.

I'm hyped to see Gordon play. For all the talent Mathews had, he wasn't exciting to watch at all, Gordon looks like he will be.

Comment

• rikardo
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Sign Ja'el Collins and Id change it to A...

Comment

• Chargerville
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Yep!

OL, Pass Rusher, Dominant Nose Tackle, Running Back... Is what I was hoping for!
                    Last edited by Chargerville; 05-02-2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

B
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
                        I agree with what Brian Billick said some time back. Use free agency to fill holes. Use the draft for BPA and depth. If we would have filled the right OG and added a DE during free agency this draft would have been more exciting. I just feel we will be depending way to heavily on some players that won't yet be ready.

No clue as to what grade will be for a long time.
                        That's what I say.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

i guess a "B" from me. It's hard to say since not only have we not seen these guys play in the NFL yet but we don't know how our returning players will fare. I think that's the bigger question...or one of more import. Our returning D-line needs to play better as a group. I don't care who or how but it needs doing.
                          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                          X