Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I was really hoping for more OL help. I like the players we drafted. Its just that one problem. TT has signed Dunlap and Franklin.....drafted Watt and Fluker high...has a couple depth guys but i think we are missing that stud RG. And maybe even better quality depth. Oh well lets see what happens. This is the year that is critical for me. I have always felt that 3 years was a good time frame for TT to get this team ready for a push. We had the money in free agency and another draft. Lets hope it happens this year. I expect big things in TT's 3rd year. If the trenches look like shit this season and we get no pass rush i will be mashing TTs hammer.

I think Rivers might have been hoping for more help. The run game will help a ton though. Im curious to see how he feels. he made it clear he wanted to see what we did in the draft before thinking about an extension.
    Watch the nuts!
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

B. I believe Gordon is a HUGE get and will make an impact right away. At first I was a little confused by the Perryman pick but now feel he will contribute in multiple ways this season. Could be a 10 year starter in the middle. Still not sure I completely understand the Meger pick but I will trust those who know to do what they do. Love the Emmanuel pick and think he will contribute on both defense and st this season. Philon, I have no clue but seems like good value in the sixth.

I think we addressed two huge needs with this draft that will help us immediately. With a better running game and a little more grit in stopping the run, this team could be back in the playoffs should we find a way to stay healthy. I do wish we addressed the right side of the line but maybe there were no viable options in the third round. There are still some decent fa guards out there and maybe a few more coming after June 1st , so we still have some time there.

All in all, I think this team is better right now than where they ended the season and that is a step in the right direction.
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Maverick
        (Coryellian)
        • Jun 2013
        • Point Loma
        • Send PM

We got my favorite player in the draft. So i dont really care. lol
        Mine too, Fleet....man I am stoked about MGIII !!!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Call me in 3 years, I'll have a grade.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            I give it an I for incomplete. I think we have two starters, Gordon and Perryman and 3 trainees.

I was hoping to go heavy O to put this offense back in the top 5. Instead they went heavy D with self described hammers. Guys with production and potential but far from being ready to play. This makes it a draft for next year IMO.

Oh well, in 30 years of watching drafts, I don't recall seeing a Charger's draft class come in and have an substantial first year impact except for the occasional player.
            You mean 3 starters. Maeger is likely to play NCB, that is the 11th starter on D. He would be on the field 2x as much as our NT will be.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              You mean 3 starters. Maeger is likely to play NCB, that is the 11th starter on D. He would be on the field 2x as much as our NT will be.
              There's a discussion. You really think he starts at NCB over a vet? No doubt he has the toughness.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I'm a homer, but:

How can this draft not be an A? I mean if Gordon is the once-every-10-years RB as billed, that's it, the rest is gravy. And jumping up two spots to grab him is genius.

But the D picks: if Perryman supplants Butler (can't be that hard to do...) then TT will have chosen every LB on the roster except Ingram. Talk about reshaping the D although I don't expect to see the full benefits for at least one more season (taking what I can get now doesn't suck at all). Ditto the secondary - are there any AJ picks/FAs left except Weddle? The back two thirds of the D is so close to being all TT, very stoked to see it mature. And I love the DT we took, talk about nailing potential in a late round pick, maybe by the end of next season we aren't so worried about the Dline dudes who'll be clamoring for a new contract? Again, TT reshaping the roster to his guys, thank goodness cuz 95% of AJ's picks were getting us nowhere (even the Dline only has two AJ hold-overs, heading into year three that's amazing and impressive).

As for the O, just stay healthy, and remember what we did to Seattle.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Maybe Robinson starts at C and Watt moves to RG.
                  That's what I'm hoping for, as well. Unfortunately, I think the "Fluker to OG" is going to become the new "Jammer to SS". As in, it ain't gonna happen.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
                    Sign Ja'el Collins and Id change it to A...
                    Who?

Comment

• homeless simpson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Draft grades should be graded 3 years from the draft.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                        Draft grades should be graded 3 years from the draft.
                        Cool. So how about that 2012 class...
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          I'm a homer, but:

How can this draft not be an A? I mean if Gordon is the once-every-10-years RB as billed, that's it, the rest is gravy. And jumping up two spots to grab him is genius.

But the D picks: if Perryman supplants Butler (can't be that hard to do...) then TT will have chosen every LB on the roster except Ingram. Talk about reshaping the D although I don't expect to see the full benefits for at least one more season (taking what I can get now doesn't suck at all). Ditto the secondary - are there any AJ picks/FAs left except Weddle? The back two thirds of the D is so close to being all TT, very stoked to see it mature. And I love the DT we took, talk about nailing potential in a late round pick, maybe by the end of next season we aren't so worried about the Dline dudes who'll be clamoring for a new contract? Again, TT reshaping the roster to his guys, thank goodness cuz 95% of AJ's picks were getting us nowhere (even the Dline only has two AJ hold-overs, heading into year three that's amazing and impressive).

As for the O, just stay healthy, and remember what we did to Seattle.
                          I agree with blueman. Right now it looks like an "A". But I don't know if that's because I want it to be or if it really is. I'm a homer.
                          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                          X