• Show
Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Even if you did move Butler to OLB... would you move him to weakside? And have him dropping back in coverage, and not being the "edge setter". I mean he has shown he was better at the Will than the Mike. He's just not that guy. I agree, that has got to be author projection.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
      Butler can be moving outside I mean outside of San Diego is he trade-able?
      I don't think so...first off he blows and secondly his contract is big. if we cut him the cap hit is huge....I guess we're stuck
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I think people are missing the point. At least as far as my goal for Butler is concerned. I want Butler to regain his motivation to play football. By playing him at other positions - in addition to what he currently plays - you can help give him confidence to buy into what the team is doing. I think that part is lacking for Butler because as a few of you have noted, he hasn't ALWAYS sucked this bad. Make him feel like he's valuable again and maybe he'll respond in kind through his reinvigorated play. I know it's a desperation move but that's okay since we're desperate with him.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Classic
          Hall Of Fame
          • Dec 2014
          • Send PM

Why does Pagano get no blame from the fans for the recent woes? The guy is going into his 4th year as a DC and hasn't done squat. Meanwhile Seattle keeps spewing out HC caliber DCs. Ron Rivera had the right mindset and it's a shame that we didn't promote him and can Norvitus.

I think a missed playoffs and Pagano(who is from the previous regime) will be rightful let go after the season.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Classic View Post
            Why does Pagano get no blame from the fans for the recent woes? The guy is going into his 4th year as a DC and hasn't done squat. Meanwhile Seattle keeps spewing out HC caliber DCs. Ron Rivera had the right mindset and it's a shame that we didn't promote him and can Norvitus.

I think a missed playoffs and Pagano(who is from the previous regime) will be rightful let go after the season.
            I don't know if Pagano has been good or bad. But he's had a lot of bad, or injured, players. Much like Rivera, he's got average results from less-than-ideal players. The only good and healthy players he's had to work with are Weddle, Flowers, and Liuget. It's like playing 11-card poker with a 10, a 9, a Joker, five piles of torn-up unplayable Face Cards, and three buckets of vomit. Even Wild Bill would have a hard time breaking even.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Sounds like a man who has played poker with buckets of vomit before.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                I think people are missing the point. At least as far as my goal for Butler is concerned. I want Butler to regain his motivation to play football. By playing him at other positions - in addition to what he currently plays - you can help give him confidence to buy into what the team is doing. I think that part is lacking for Butler because as a few of you have noted, he hasn't ALWAYS sucked this bad. Make him feel like he's valuable again and maybe he'll respond in kind through his reinvigorated play. I know it's a desperation move but that's okay since we're desperate with him.
                Playing time is earned. His play has been subpar, so no way in hell, IMO, should he be rewarded by additional playing time (which comes at the expense of another player) at other positions. To me that just sends a terrible message to the rest of the team. If he wants to see the field in a more meaningful way, come to camp focused, in shape, and ready to work. Prove you are worth the big fat contract, which in itself should make him feel valuable. Coddling him is not the answer.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2014
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  IMO, getting Butler on the field more is a recipe for Butler getting worse.
                  You're assuming he's going to play bad like he did last season. We don't know why he played as bad as he did, But the good news is that we know that he's capable of being a good player. It'll obviously be a 50/50 shot because he was either playing hurt, Distracted or he has lost interest in footbal and is only looking to collect a pay check.

I'd say he's gonna get back to normal....How strong would we be if he steps up and is the Butler of old ?!?!? We'd be Rob Woodson/Pittsburg type scary, Yah our front D isn't proven but having a solid backfield and then insert our Mid field with the old Butler!!!!! Ohhhhhweeeeeee. We'd be smiling like Jim Carrey in the Mask

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

an area of focus this offseason – better tackling.
                    God I hope so.

But if this wasn't an area of focus for about the last five years, that's an issue too.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

Personally, I think Pagano has gotten alot of heat, at least on this board.

And, I'm not really sure that it is warranted. I see a team that does quite a bit of creative stuff, and a team that has alot of injury issues.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Butler's a half time player for us, unless he improves you gotta cut him and take the cap hit.

Comment

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                          Personally, I think Pagano has gotten alot of heat, at least on this board.

And, I'm not really sure that it is warranted. I see a team that does quite a bit of creative stuff, and a team that has alot of injury issues.
                          He would look a lot better if he had his starters for most of the season. Also, I haven't seen him do any of the patented Greg Manusky 2-man blitz packages. LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X