• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Sometimes a wake up call or shot across the bouw is welcome...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      Sometimes a wake up call or shot across the bouw is welcome...
      If those are the two choices, I'm going with wake-up call.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I'm betting that Perriman has Butler's job by week 5.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          I'm betting that Perriman has Butler's job by week 5.
          This. I think Butler lost too much ground last season to make up.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

University of Gaither
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              You mean BoltMan?

Yessir. Except his muscles are real.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                This. I think Butler lost too much ground last season to make up.
                New coach. He'll make his own judgements.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Butler has been fairly productive before and has a big cap hit if we cut him, so they won't do that lightly. But, we have the cap space to take the hit if we need to. Butler isn't going to be handed anything, he is going to have to win his job. But the security in a big contract is that they will give him that chance, because they really have to.

Perryman is a rookie and rookie LB take time to get up to speed. They know very little about pass coverage, and while Perryman could knock college OL around, he is going to find it a little tougher vs NFL guys. I think he will catch on fine, but just don't expect it to happen day 1. Maybe it will, but probably not.

But give Perryman some time, and if Butler is still playing with his head up his ass, then Perryman is going to be starting a few games into the season.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Butler has been fairly productive before and has a big cap hit if we cut him, so they won't do that lightly. But, we have the cap space to take the hit if we need to. Butler isn't going to be handed anything, he is going to have to win his job. But the security in a big contract is that they will give him that chance, because they really have to.

Perryman is a rookie and rookie LB take time to get up to speed. They know very little about pass coverage, and while Perryman could knock college OL around, he is going to find it a little tougher vs NFL guys. I think he will catch on fine, but just don't expect it to happen day 1. Maybe it will, but probably not.

But give Perryman some time, and if Butler is still playing with his head up his ass, then Perryman is going to be starting a few games into the season.
                    I searched the Internet for the moment I judged Donald Butler as a player we needed to replace. I couldn't find a video - just a comment from a Lions fan in a "Live blog replay."

The height of idiocy...SD LB Butler with a personal celebration after he sacked Stafford...with his team getting waxed 24-0...will it ever end?...
                    by Fan Since 57 December 24, 2011 at 3:47 PM

That was a do-or-die game for us - lose and our season was over - and friggin Donald Butler was doing a look-at-me dance while we were getting trounced. Who could have seen that and thought this guy cared about winning?

Add onto his care-less-about-winning attitude the fact that Butler is injury prone. There was no way we should have given this dude a long-term raise last year.

The only trouble with my plan to replace Butler was that we didn't have any other player talented enough to make that happen. Now, apparently, we do.

Please get rid of Butler before he sucks the desire to win out of Te'o and Perryman.
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2015, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                      I searched the Internet for the moment I judged Donald Butler as a player we needed to replace. I couldn't find a video - just a comment from a Lions fan in a "Live blog replay."

The height of idiocy...SD LB Butler with a personal celebration after he sacked Stafford...with his team getting waxed 24-0...will it ever end?...

That was a do-or-die game for us - lose and our season was over - and friggin Donald Butler was doing a look-at-me dance while we were getting trounced. Who could have seen that and thought this guy cared about winning?

Add onto his care-less-about-winning attitude the fact that Butler is injury prone. There was no way we should have given this dude a long-term raise last year.

The only trouble with my plan to replace Butler was that we didn't have any other player talented enough to make that happen. Now, apparently, we do.

Please get rid of Butler before he sucks the desire to win out of Te'o and Perryman.
                      Just a question....but what do injuries have to do with caring about winning?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                        Just a question....but what do injuries have to do with caring about winning?
                        Injuries don't have anything to do with caring about winning. They are two separate negatives.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post

I'm not saying he won't be gone at some point, but considering he will cost us some cap space next year (as well as this year), and we don't have any depth at ILB if we do cut him, then I don't see the point in cutting him now. Let him be a camp body and then cut him if he is still sucking ass.

I don't remember much about the Lions game, but at some point you need to let players celebrate their individual accomplishments. I don't recall the circumstance, but 1 time seems like you might be overreacting. I don't recall a bunch of other circumstances where this has been the case. One lapse in judgment, particularly on his last contract makes it old news, IMHO. Once we signed him to a new contract, you can hardly go bitching about what he had done before. Clearly the Chargers didn't think it was a big deal.

As far as him sucking the life out of the other LB, I don't think that is the case. The bigger issue to me is that we need 1 of our top 4 LB to prove they can play in the nickle/dime LB. Butler has the best speed and range. Perryman is a lot slower in terms of long speed. Conner sucks in coverage and Teo has to prove he can stay healthy. We aren't going to be able to find anyone who has the physical skills to stand up in coverage on passing downs, we need to give Butler a chance. And it would probably help if we stop flipping him back and forth between Mo and Mike.

Comment

Working...
                          X