Chargers @ WFT GDT and Post Game Discussion (Wk 1)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I don't know if anyone has talked about this yet how Herbert was just marching us down the field at will and just controlling the clock. Yes we had some missed oppurtunities in the redzone but just knowing that we can do that is scary. What was nice was just seeing Herbert sit in the pocket with time to throw and not being hurried against arguably the best D-Line in the NFL. If Herbert had all day to throw against that defense well then I'm feeling pretty good about the rest of the season. The only thing is Eckler is not a number one option at RB. He is a third down RB period. To think Herbert is doing all this without a strong running game. Imagine what he could do if we had a rb who could rush for over hundred yards a game.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Quite a skewed summary of the two camps.

I certainly don't need to always be right. AND I am an emotional outburst ready to happen! I am dragon, and as such am FIERCELY loyal and protective. You slander my coach, one of my players, my GM, my tribe...and the ambient temperature in your immediate environment will likely rise...considerably. When I say I will "come at" someone who pushes stupid criticism...it's because I am not well-tempered or well-mannered.

We dragons have never and will never be domesticated.

True, Fleet has a difficult job and my presence most definitely makes his job harder.
      The people here want the same thing you want. If you are emotional outburst prone then you should be at home with others here that get emotional (especially during games) . Those folks are simply wanting the Chargers players to play up to their abilities each and every play (I think). Is that expectation a bit irrational? Yeah! But they are fans. They can't help themselves! They only want the Chargers to show their strength and win. Just like you do. Right? Yeah, they might say some crazy shit at times about this or that player - or coach - but it's not personal! In fact it's not about you at all. But you sure do take it personally. Why? Why not just let folks vent and be wrong? You're taking something personally that isn't at all personal. I can't figure that out myself (if it's truly not about needing to be right).

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

The people here want the same thing you want. If you are emotional outburst prone then you should be at home with others here that get emotional (especially during games) . Those folks are simply wanting the Chargers players to play up to their abilities each and every play (I think). Is that expectation a bit irrational? Yeah! But they are fans. They can't help themselves! They only want the Chargers to show their strength and win. Just like you do. Right? Yeah, they might say some crazy shit at times about this or that player - or coach - but it's not personal! In fact it's not about you at all. But you sure do take it personally. Why? Why not just let folks vent and be wrong? You're taking something personally that isn't at all personal. I can't figure that out myself (if it's truly not about needing to be right).
        I don't disagree, except to say... fans in this forum owe it to each other to *NOT* be like that obnoxious Pop Warner parent who's screaming at his kid on the field, and being a nuisance to those sitting near him.

It's one thing to post "Arrrgh! Another fumble?!? I'm about to stick my head in the oven!", vs. "<player's name> is worthless scum, and they ought to cut his ass at halftime, and not allow him on the flight home!"

I mean... Let's be grown-ups. It makes a lot more sense that things can BLURT out of your mouth unfiltered than to blurt out of one's fingers onto a keyboard. I believe it's possible for us to exercise some restraint. <wink>

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Kinda surprised about that too. They were rewarded handsomely.
          My youngest son and I met another poster Jerad and his friend and carpooled in. I would say 10-15% of the fans were Charger fans. Our section had a much higher turnout. I cant tell you how excited we all were there just to be at that game. I give kudos to very nice WFT fans (outside of the drunk dude in front of me that clearly would have done something stupid had I talked to him as he did me). The Charger crowd was noticeable and I mean loud during all those 3rd down conversions. The chants for OUR D were going on in the 4th like it was OUR home game. The vibe walking through the non-sewer-spewing halls was full of high fives and fist bumps and chanting. It was a damn awesome time. We WON that game…we werent given it. Sure not perfect but damn folks its the first game of the season against arguably a top 10 defense. We lead almost the entire game. They wouldnt even show any replays of a play like the bs fumble…even the WFT fans were saying WTF is up with that?!

I would give a big game ball to the OL. My WFT neighbot kept saying how the hell is Herbert not going to complete all those passes when he was not pressured…he was definitely surprised. They wrrent perfect but damn THAT was a big improvement at protecting Herbert against this D line that was supposed to shred us.

Herbie is special. He was just cool and collected. I cant say how electric all those 3rd down completions were to just shut the stadium up (except for the Charger brethren).

It had been probably 15 years since going to a regular season game. Awesome time and we earned that win. Yeah baby…lets go beat them lil Stars up next week!

Comment

• Redskins1
            Registered Redskin Fan
            • Aug 2021
            • Send PM

Folks as you already know the final score was not indicative of how your chargers dominated...The refs missed calls and made bad calls for both teams..But I never felt the whole game we had a chance to win it was all hope..Your chargers controlled this game pretty much the whole time...

Herbert I seen up close and personal
            yesterday for the first time,as you know he is a stud...Im out!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Slater had as good a debut as any Charger has had.
              Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                The red zone issues need to be figured out soon as possible. Heneiche was making it look pretty easy against the Chargers defense so the offense is going to have to need to score much more when playing against actual half decent QBs like Dak Prescott next week for example.

Defensively, not just the pass game but the run defense looked rather lethargic. They only scored 16 but that was in large part due to unforced penalties on their end killing many of their drives. Can’t rely on that every week.
                They only scored one TD. Lethargic? Lol …
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                  The offense is good. But it could be better. We can't rely on Allen and M Williams to come up for the team all the time. We're gonna need other receivers to step up. This is a time for Palmer to rise, he showed promise in the presason. Hopefully Guyton continues to improve.

The team needs to get the TEs involved other than Cook. I question how long he will hold up because of his age. Anderson and Parham have shown what they are capable of when you get them the ball. More distribution to the TEs would help the team. We couldn't put Washington away because we lacked something like this.
                  They completed passes to 8 different receivers. Lol, and they did put WFT away.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

I don't mind the optimism nor the pessimism. It's all good Charger fans passionate about the team.

I'd just prefer someone making their case based on the game, the moves, the action. Rather than simply say that they hate people bitching. Okay, Got it. And? What about the team? Make a case.
                    They dominated in the stats and they won on the scoreboard, how’s that? They were clearly the better team with better coaching and they closed it out like a champ. What more do the fucking bitches here want? Was it closer than it should be? Sure was, so what. the bitches here act like they are playing against orange cones and not other actual highly skilled professional athletes. The other team is getting paid to play too.

my point is the bitches were bitching before it was even played. They were not basing anythng on the game, the moves, the action. They had not seen one snap of first string Charger football this year and were already certain about the critical flaws that would lead to their demise. Fucking chumps.

I’ll keep assuming they are going to kill it. And even if they stumble, I’m going to assume they jump back up and kill it next time. Happiness is so fun.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I have no other place to put this because I don't have the ratings thread up yet... but maybe an omen from Tankathon on the draft order..., based on Strength of Schedule.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

They dominated in the stats and they won on the scoreboard, how’s that? They were clearly the better team with better coaching and they closed it out like a champ. What more do the fucking bitches here want? Was it closer than it should be? Sure was, so what. the bitches here act like they are playing against orange cones and not other actual highly skilled professional athletes. The other team is getting paid to play too.

my point is the bitches were bitching before it was even played. They were not basing anythng on the game, the moves, the action. They had not seen one snap of first string Charger football this year and were already certain about the critical flaws that would lead to their demise. Fucking chumps.

I’ll keep assuming they are going to kill it. And even if they stumble, I’m going to assume they jump back up and kill it next time. Happiness is so fun.
                        I wouldn't call you or your post "happiness". More like frustrated and angry.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I wouldn't call you or your post "happiness". More like frustrated and angry.
                          No, I’m happy . All good here.

Comment

Working...
                          X