• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

People are moving to Nashville because it isn't like California, so that is probably not very random. I can only speak for myself, but with how bad California is getting in just about everything (housing costs, high taxes, business unfriendly, over-governed, homeless mess, traffic, etc.), I have been getting a stronger and strong desired to leave. I have always loved the mid-Atlantic region (Tennessee, North Carolina or Virginia) and my son-in-law just got a job offer in Nashville so we decided now is the time before the housing market tanks. I work out of my home so it doesn't matter where I live. I've been there and love it but my daughter has never been so if the realtors show us what she likes, I'll be putting my home for sale next week and moving!

But this is derailing the thread - I was just moaning about having to miss the game!
    Tennessee has its own problems: high violent crime rate, obesity and general poor health of citizenry, high cancer rates vs national average.
    Many want to pretend that some places in the U.S. are just ducky, because the general politics conforms to their views.

One can equally say Californians are moving to Oregon, Washington and Colorado: wherever they go, property values will go up dramatically, especially when hedge funds
    start getting into the action.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

I have employees in Nashville. People are making noises about cost of living. It's a tourist town with tourist money and increasingly tourist town problems.

I also love the mid-Atlantic too.

Comment

• COLDCUT
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Temecula
        • Highwayman
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

If you are going to miss a game...at least that's a happy reason to miss it. Nashville is cool city.
        Yeah, take us with you!

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

People are moving to Nashville because it isn't like California, so that is probably not very random. I can only speak for myself, but with how bad California is getting in just about everything (housing costs, high taxes, business unfriendly, over-governed, homeless mess, traffic, etc.), I have been getting a stronger and strong desired to leave. I have always loved the mid-Atlantic region (Tennessee, North Carolina or Virginia) and my son-in-law just got a job offer in Nashville so we decided now is the time before the housing market tanks. I work out of my home so it doesn't matter where I live. I've been there and love it but my daughter has never been so if the realtors show us what she likes, I'll be putting my home for sale next week and moving!

But this is derailing the thread - I was just moaning about having to miss the game!
          I made my decision to bail on Cali when my first kid was born. We moved on his second birthday to the burbs of Atlanta, that was in 1995. There has been California flight since the late 70's, first to the Seattle area, in fact the locals used to key your car if it had Cali plates. No matter where, Washington, Oregon (where my brother landed), Colorado or in my case JoJa, I have to say I have never regretted a minute except for my friends and sports teams. I am headed back for a visit in November and am going to be able to catch the Vikings game on November 14th. Gone but not forgotten but I'll never move back........Unless I could buy Martin Sheen's house at the shores.........

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
            Day One...
            • Mar 2019
            • Brentwood, 94513
            • Send PM

I’m just happy that I get to watch the game here in the Bay Area. I’m expecting a high scoring game. The defense will make a timely stop here and there. That should be enough for us to win. Expect many deep balls from both teams.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Did we practice today?

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Tennessee has its own problems: high violent crime rate, obesity and general poor health of citizenry, high cancer rates vs national average.
                Many want to pretend that some places in the U.S. are just ducky, because the general politics conforms to their views.

One can equally say Californians are moving to Oregon, Washington and Colorado: wherever they go, property values will go up dramatically, especially when hedge funds
                start getting into the action.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

They’re basically in the same boat as the Bolt’s with Storm.
                  Except Bosa is better than Lawrence. Who’s lining up on the other side, opposite Slater? Gregory is out with Covid. Armstrong? Golston? Whoever it is should be much easier to block than Chase Young.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Gibson is a very explosive, powerful RB with outstanding vision and agility. He had 2 maybe 3 carries over 6/7 yards and his lone big run was on K9 and Kyzir.
                    JJones missed the entire 2nd half. Joseph was throwing Brandon Scherff around. Covington was disruptive. Tillery was Tillery.

We matchup well against the cowgirls.
                    Our O should be very productive and our D will have opportunities for negative plays and turnovers.
                    Dallas lost while getting 4 turnovers from the Bucs.
                    I believe one of those was a halftime Hail Mary though.
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

High tobacco use.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I think the long run that Gibson had was on Kyzir yes, because he just missed the tackle (shredded the shirt though) but it was more so on Davis. Davis had contain there and lost it. He “does his job!” And that is a 7 yd run instead of 27 or whatever it was.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X