• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I said this is another thread - but Popper and others, have written how Telesco "values draft picks and wants to build through the draft" - lets add examples

Chris Watt and Turk from USC - both 3rd rounders, both busts
    Perry - 4th rounder - bust
    Mager and Pipkins - sammy small schools - both 3rd rounders - busts
    traded 4th rounders for Te'O, Gordon and Attaouchu. Te'O was average at best and Gordon was gordon
    Murray: traded a 3rd to get him and he is "tbd" if worth it

So MAYBE, Tommy shouldn't value draft picks that much if this is what he is going to do with his 3rd and 4th rounders

draft picks don't mean squat if you don't hit on them. and likeyou said, I would like to see some draft capital used on players better than Norton, Gaziano, Covington, Tillery and maybe even another RB.
    Great point.
    He apparently doesn't mind trading them to move up for a rookie who he has no NFL tape on. Yet trading those same picks for a veteran who is a starting caliber player. I remember Chargers did that way back for McCardell-WR, Oben-OT, Chambers-WR. They all worked out pretty well if you ask me. The team immediately was improved from those trades. It's a players game before anything else. Norton is Not starter quality. Judon is Patriots best defensive player, he had 11 pressures with 2 sacks. He wrecked the game yesterday.

Roberts and Hopkins show how quickly you can stabilize a position with better talent. So do Linsley and Slater.

Get on the phone Telesco.
    You have a Huge hole at Right Tackle.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Rams traded big picks for Ramsey.
      Then traded more big picks for Stafford.
      Now trading the 2022 2nd and 3rd for Von Miller.
      They seem to understand that a known commodity is worth the gamble for unknown future picks.

Chargers should trade some picks to get an OT to replace Norton today before the trade deadline.
      trade our backup QB back to saints for an OL or DL player who can start for us.....

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think its a good trade for the Rams. Draft picks be damned. This guy might help them win a playoff game. Thats all that matters.
        Well you hope to win more than A playoff game or it was all for nothing..

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Ironically the lowly Broncos end up beating us and every other team with this trade if the Rams win it all
          Late 2nd and 3rd.
          Rams think those will be in 60-64 and 92-96 range.

There won't be Von Miller talent at those spots for Rams. And they won't have him now this year.

Broncos get to play the draft game at this spots and they are Not getting Von Miller talent there.

But Von is going to be 33 next year and has been injured so it's a good move for Broncos.

A better move for Rams if he stays relatively healthy for a couple seasons for them.

Championship moves the Rams are making.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            Rams traded big picks for Ramsey.
            Then traded more big picks for Stafford.
            Now trading the 2022 2nd and 3rd for Von Miller.
            They seem to understand that a known commodity is worth the gamble for unknown future picks.

Chargers should trade some picks to get an OT to replace Norton today before the trade deadline.
            This reason right here is my biggest beef with Telesco. If he doesnt do it, and we miss the playoffs, then i think he needs to be fired. WTF cares if we have multiple 6th & 7th rounders!...or a extra 5th. Protect the franchise QB and help one of the pass rush or run defense.

I do think the Rams over do this and give away top picks but we can do this with lower compensation.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

This reason right here is my biggest beef with Telesco. If he doesnt do it, and we miss the playoffs, then i think he needs to be fired. WTF cares if we have multiple 6th & 7th rounders!...or a extra 5th. Protect the franchise QB and help one of the pass rush or run defense.

I do think the Rams over do this and give away top picks but we can do this with lower compensation.
              Once upon a time we got Roman Oben-OT for a 5th Rd pick.
              Been a long long long time since we have seen something like that.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I would trade a 2nd for a starting RT under 30.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  Half the league would too
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

HMMM , well Norton is a starting RT under 30. Be careful of that 2nd rounder.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

HMMM , well Norton is a starting RT under 30. Be careful of that 2nd rounder.
                      lol, any RT but him. Sorry Storm.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

I think that is all the fans are wanting - take some lower compensation, some cap space - call the crappy teams around the league that might be sellers (Texans, Giants, Jets, Dolphins , WFT, Jaguars) and maybe borderline teams (Broncos, Bears) and see if you can help your roster out.

The reaction from the Rams players for a 33 year old Von Miller too. The Chargers add some DT and RT help - maybe even take DeSean Jackson from the Rams - that would be a big time lift to the locker room. It would show management wants to try to win.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          I would also trade a 2nd for a young DT that is signed for a 2-3 more years if they fit the scheme and have shown to be a good player/. I get those are few and far between just that for the right position and player - a known quantity over a draft pick - hell yes

Comment

Working...
                          X