• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

This is going to be a wild ride all the way to the end and that extra game is gonna screw some teams and probably help somebody.

Broncos next. :deadhorse:

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Just some tid bits.

In their last 4 games the Chiefs defense has allowed an average of only 14.5 PPG. Have gotten 11 turnovers.

Before this 4 game streak, their defense averages giving up 32 PPG

Did not allow a TD to the Cowboys who I believe had the #1 offense is I think what I heard on NFL Network tonight.

Our defenses are going in opposite directions. (Us and KC)
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Looking at the remainder of the season

Broncos coming off a bye have 5 games in the division, 3 on the road

Raiders have 3 games in the division, 1 on the road at KC

Chargers have 4 games in the division, 2 and 2 . Beating KC on the road, was huge

KC 4 games left - same as Chargers 2 and 2

Beat the BRoncos - Chargers are in first place, owning the tiebreaker with KC
        lose to Denver, in 3rd place based on tiebreaker with Denver

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

@RapSheet: The #Broncos reached an agreement on a big-time extension for standout WR Courtland Sutton, his agency @milkhoneysport tells me and @TomPelissero. It’s a a 4-year $60.8M extension with $34.9M guaranteed. After a torn ACL in 2020, he’s back as a star and was rewarded like one.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Just some tid bits.

In their last 4 games the Chiefs defense has allowed an average of only 14.5 PPG. Have gotten 11 turnovers.

Before this 4 game streak, their defense averages giving up 32 PPG

Did not allow a TD to the Cowboys who I believe had the #1 offense is I think what I heard on NFL Network tonight.

Our defenses are going in opposite directions. (Us and KC)
            The Cowboys didn't have Amari Cooper, and they lost Ceedee Lamb after the first half of that game. Dallas had to be without their two best WRs and players on the team.

KC played a Packers team without Rodgers, and they had to also got to play the Giants without some of their better players. The Raiders are coming back down to earth.

The Chiefs in this win streak benefitted from the teams they played missing key players just like the Chargers benefitted from the Steelers missing players on defense.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

@RapSheet: The #Broncos reached an agreement on a big-time extension for standout WR Courtland Sutton, his agency @milkhoneysport tells me and @TomPelissero. It’s a a 4-year $60.8M extension with $34.9M guaranteed. After a torn ACL in 2020, he’s back as a star and was rewarded like one.

Sutton has been the best receiver on the field for the Bronco this season. Broncos already have the best GM in the division in George Paton. After one season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Sutton has been the best receiver on the field for the Bronco this season. Broncos already have the best GM in the division in George Paton. After one season.
                I think Big Andy >>> Paton - just because KC has been stellar since Andy hit KC

But for sure Paton over Mayock and Tommy Polian

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think Big Andy >>> Paton - just because KC has been stellar since Andy hit KC

But for sure Paton over Mayock and Tommy Polian
                  Brett Veach has the ring to prove he's top dog in the AFC West at the moment, so your argument has merit. I believe after George Paton lands Aaron Rodgers (or dark-horse Deshaun Watson) in 2022, things are gonna get interesting. If not, I think Kenny Pickett is their guy.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

In late January of 1978, Miller was basking in the afterglow of the Broncos’ first Super Bowl. Even though they had lost to the Dallas Cowboys in XII (the current Super Bowl is XLII), the Broncos finished with a 14-3 record and lost only once in their first 13 games.

Miller had signed in 1977 to coach the Broncos for $50,000. The late Fred Gehrke, then the club’s general manager, gave Miller a $10,000 bonus after the club’s remarkable season, then asked for a favor.

“Fred said he had a friend at Navy who called about his son, who wanted to learn more about football, and he wanted me to give the guy kind of a job,” Miller said Monday.

The friend’s name was Steve Belichick. He was an assistant at the U.S. Naval Academy. His son’s name was Bill.

His task was to write scouting reports for the offense, defense, special teams on the 1978 San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, and K.C. Chiefs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Brett Veach has the ring to prove he's top dog in the AFC West at the moment, so your argument has merit. I believe after George Paton lands Aaron Rodgers (or dark-horse Deshaun Watson) in 2022, things are gonna get interesting. If not, I think Kenny Pickett is their guy.
                      Not sure Denver just wants to rent Rodgers for a year or two. He will be 38 in a couple weeks though still playing well. They did w/ Peyton but that was Elway. If a young QB in the draft meets the franchise tag name, they should get one. IMO this draft dont have a Herbert and Burrow in it though.

Getting Watson would be better but then they will bid with Miami and will be costly as far as draft picks. In fact, id think Miami will get him as they already agreed to compensation for him this year. Maybe Denver can get Tua if he isnt included in that trade. Id like that :tongue:

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Not sure Denver just wants to rent Rodgers for a year or two. He will be 38 in a couple weeks though still playing well. They did w/ Peyton but that was Elway. If a young QB in the draft meets the franchise tag name, they should get one. IMO this draft dont have a Herbert and Burrow in it though.

Getting Watson would be better but then they will bid with Miami and will be costly as far as draft picks. In fact, id think Miami will get him as they already agreed to compensation for him this year. Maybe Denver can get Tua if he isnt included in that trade. Id like that :tongue:
                        Thing is: Broncos have 11 picks going into the 2022 draft, they can still land Russell Wilson, Rodgers, or Watson, plus land rookie QB Kenny Pickett.

Comment

• Adam Teicher of ESPN, who covers the Chiefs, actually said this within the past 24 hours:

Will the Chiefs win the AFC West? At 7-4 and alone in first place, they're positioned well. They're also playing well enough that it's difficult to picture any of their AFC West rivals catching them.

Does Teicher understand that the Chiefs have a bye this weekend and that a Charger win against Denver means that the Chargers have caught and passed the Chiefs based upon the Chargers currently having the tie breaker advantage between the two teams?

Comment

Working...
                          X