• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

I speculated yesterday in a post about whether the Rav4 was a hybrid and if the hybrid battery could have been a factor in the fire. I learned today the Rav4 was a 2013, so it was not a hybrid. Toyota introduced the Rav4 hybrid in 2016.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

The Raiders released Ruggs late Tuesday, just hours after the crash, his hospitalization and his booking into a Las Vegas jail.

Future Chief?
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
        It is a horrific situation for all involved. I think we all look back at dumb shit we did when we were young and say ‘how the hell did I survive that’. Ruggs is going to be going away for a long time as a he should. I don’t care who his lawyer is he is going to jail. Hopefully this a wake up call for everyone young player league wide.

I am sure we all sit here and think what stupid crap we would do with all that money at a young age and it would not be pretty. Even my old ass had an “epic” night out in Vegas over three years ago that lead me to stop drinking. This might be a wake up call for some other people in the league that they are not invincible but we shall see.
        When I was Ruggs' age I had a '70 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland. One night I was at a bar in Mira Mesa and the bartender, who I had done a favor for earlier, took me in the back room and gave some lines of coke to snort. He also plied me with free drinks. I drove home to Ocean Beach where I lived and was doing in excess of 100 mph on I-15, weaving in and out of traffic. I had a friend with me and I could see how scared he was. Fortunately, I didn't cause an accident or get caught. This was +40 years ago. I remember it because the next day when I reflected back on what I had done I decided it's something I would never do again, and I never have. My younger sister died a short time later in a car accident, but in a totally different circumstance. She had just graduated from USC and got her first TV reporting job way up in Redding, CA. She was on the job, rushing back from covering a story just north of the Oregon border, driving way too fast trying to make her deadline, she swerved to avoid some deer on the highway, lost control of the news car that she was driving and went over an embankment. We were less than a year apart, and we both had this feeling of being young and invincible. I learned then that young people who don't use common sense can die. She was thrown from the car and it rolled over on top of her. She died at the foot of Mt. Shasta. The CHP report said if she had been wearing a seatbelt - of course she wasn't, it was before the seatbelt law in CA - she probably would have survived with moderate injuries. I started wearing a seatbelt after I read that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          I speculated yesterday in a post about whether the Rav4 was a hybrid and if the hybrid battery could have been a factor in the fire. I learned today the Rav4 was a 2013, so it was not a hybrid. Toyota introduced the Rav4 hybrid in 2016.
          That was quite an inferno fire. He hit that Rav4 so hard at 127 when bags deployed, im sure he likely split that tank or something like that and it just went up. That poor girl never had a chance and didnt know what hit her.

Comment

• JAFA
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

127 mph at impact (recorded by the vette computer) - on a surface street no less, double the allowable blood alcohol level, loaded weapon in the car, serious injury to his passenger AND the death of the occupant of the car he struck.

He's toast - completely, and good riddance. I don't care how much money he spends on attorneys - he won't be walking away from this with a slap on the wrist. When he does (finally) get out of jail he won't have a penny to his name after the civil case strips him of any assets he may still have after he pays his lawyers.

Such a waste and tragedy all around. We can all look back at the stupid things we've done as kids and young adults but I'd venture that none of them reach this level of stupidity, particularly considering the promising career Ruggs had at risk.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That was quite an inferno fire. He hit that Rav4 so hard at 127 when bags deployed, im sure he likely split that tank or something like that and it just went up. That poor girl never had a chance and didnt know what hit her.
              Yeah, no vehicle is designed to withstand that type of impact. He probably did rupture the tank. One minute you're driving with your dog, a few seconds later you're burning alive in what you thought was the safety of your car.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Raiders no longer the favorites to win AFC West

Marcus Mosher
                Tue, November 2, 2021, 8:16 AM

Despite having the most wins and the fewest losses (otherwise known as the best record), the Raiders are no longer the favorites to win the AFC West. In fact, they don’t even have the second-best odds to do so.

According to Tipico, the Chiefs are the current favorites to win the division at +240. After their win on Monday Night Football against the Giants, they are now at 4-4 and still have the second-best odds to come out of the AFC (+600), only behind the Bills (+320).
                Behind the Chiefs are the Chargers at +250, who now sit at 4-3 after their loss to the Patriots. Los Angeles does have wins over both the Raiders and Chiefs, which could come in handy. But it’s notable that the Raiders have odds at just +400.
                Aaron Rogers will miss the KC game. That sucks, I was counting on them to win.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Jordan Love will take Mahomes down
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I was bummed when I read about Rodgers missing the game. But then, the crappy Giants, QB by Danny Dimes nearly beat the Chiefs. Love may lead the Pack to victory in spectacular fashion.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

me too.... and from what I've heard, Love does not look anywhere close to ready to be an NFL QB yet.......

mahomes should have lost to giants throwing balls to defenders but stupid off sides penalty saved them.... and GB has a good defense and running game.......

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

me too.... and from what I've heard, Love does not look anywhere close to ready to be an NFL QB yet.......

mahomes should have lost to giants throwing balls to defenders but stupid off sides penalty saved them.... and GB has a good defense and running game.......
                        End of the day though - Chargers control their fate

cannot rely on even A-ARon to beat the Chefs
                        or the Raiders to lose the Giants or anybody
                        Broncos do probably lose to the Cowboys

But the Chargers, the Chargers - they are masters of their domain - they just need to win the right games and they are in.
                        (granted, I scoreboard watch too - don't get me wrong) - but there is one game this week end I will scoreboard watch the most

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

TMZ video of Ruggs and his GF on the street minutes after the crash.

Comment

Working...
                          X