• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think that Mayock does what he is told. There is a reason no one wanted to be the Raiders’ GM and Gruden went to an unproven tv analyst. I think Mayock actually does have some skills but I bet he gets over ruled a lot by Gruden. Things like signing Drake, who they absolutely did not need, in addition to the questionable draft picks.

Hiring Gruden was the best thing Fruit Bowl Haircut Davis ever did. McKenzie was actually starting to build a team and DelRio surprised me and was coaching them up. Enter Gruden who blows up the entire thing, starts over, and molds a team that would have worked in 1998. When he is done messing things up it will take years to fix it again. And Carr absolutely is a good QB that Gruden treats like an ugly girlfriend.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      I think that Mayock does what he is told. There is a reason no one wanted to be the Raiders’ GM and Gruden went to an unproven tv analyst. I think Mayock actually does have some skills but I bet he gets over ruled a lot by Gruden. Things like signing Drake, who they absolutely did not need, in addition to the questionable draft picks.

Hiring Gruden was the best thing Fruit Bowl Haircut Davis ever did. McKenzie was actually starting to build a team and DelRio surprised me and was coaching them up. Enter Gruden who blows up the entire thing, starts over, and molds a team that would have worked in 1998. When he is done messing things up it will take years to fix it again. And Carr absolutely is a good QB that Gruden treats like an ugly girlfriend.

TG
      Nope, not true.

It was Mayock who canned Antonio Brown when Gruden wanted him to stay. And it is Mayock who doesn't let Gruden have 6 QBs and run the draft, plus other examples.

They do work together but if Gruden ran everything, trust me they would suck. Gruden is a bad personal guy and loves old vets.

Comment

• SBbound
        Casual fanatic
        • Feb 2019
        • Merced/San Diego
        • Send PM

If the raiders' season implodes the way I think it will Mayock will make a convenient scapegoat, buying Gruden a few more years. At least I hope so.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Nope, not true.

It was Mayock who canned Antonio Brown when Gruden wanted him to stay. And it is Mayock who doesn't let Gruden have 6 QBs and run the draft, plus other examples.

They do work together but if Gruden ran everything, trust me they would suck. Gruden is a bad personal guy and loves old vets.
          Interesting. I had not read any of that. My supposition is based upon the 10 year guaranteed contract and all the concessions and power ol’fruit bowl made to get Gruden to come back. Gruden did get the best GM Raiders have had in decades fired. And he hired a parallel scouting/personnel staff the one year that McKenzie was there.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Interesting. I had not read any of that. My supposition is based upon the 10 year guaranteed contract and all the concessions and power ol’fruit bowl made to get Gruden to come back. Gruden did get the best GM Raiders have had in decades fired. And he hired a parallel scouting/personnel staff the one year that McKenzie was there.
            Not sure how McKenzie is considered good. They had losing seasons the whole time he was there. He deserved to get fired.
            I do live in Vegas and see news on them everyday and interviews with Gruden and Mayock.

It was suggested the last 2 seasons that Carr would be traded or even cut and I disputed that as well after seeing Mayock and Gruden talk about him.

Much like Staley, Mayock is pretty candid. Not quite as much but when I see him answer the same questions that are maybe worded different,but gives the same detailed answer, it's believable to me

Gruden made shit moves before Mayock came around. Whether that was him and McKenzie allowed it, I don't know but they were bad personal.moves. Like giving up a 3rd round pick for that troubled WR whose name I forget. He didn't last 1 season. Signed Trent Richardson who continued to suck.
            Signing old vets that don't work out like The Ex Chiefs LB Derek Johnson & Bruce Irvin.
            I'm sure Incognito was a Gruden suggestion too and he hasn't played but a couple games since last season. While in Tampa Bay Gruden at one time I think had 5 QBs lol.

Not a secret he likes QBs and Mayock has mentioned that before while the Raiders GM. Mayock has talked about their drafts and how Gruden wanted to snap up Jacobs early and Mayock had to talk him down by telling him to be patient. Among other tidbits.
            But they did whether it's Mayock or not, drafted Leatherwood too early.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-08-2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Damon Arnette isn’t looking too good either. Same kinda thing—overhyped powerhouse prospect. Gotta wonder how much pull Raiders’ ownership has on Mayock’s decisions. Seems like his judgment was better when he was at ESPN.
              That was because no one paid him any attention when he was at ESPN.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Seems like everyone (including us poser draft analysts) saw this coming. Everyone saw it coming except Mike Mayock. How is that even possible?
                I don't remember where, but I remember seeing a Raiders fan interviewed right after the Leatherwood pick. He said something to the effect of "we have to stop drafting 2nd and 3rd round guys in the 1st round". I remember that very well.........So even the Raider fans see it with Maycock.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not sure how McKenzie is considered good. They had losing seasons the whole time he was there. He deserved to get fired.
                  I do live in Vegas and see news on them everyday and interviews with Gruden and Mayock.

It was suggested the last 2 seasons that Carr would be traded or even cut and I disputed that as well after seeing Mayock and Gruden talk about him.

Much like Staley, Mayock is pretty candid. Not quite as much but when I see him answer the same questions that are maybe worded different,but gives the same detailed answer, it's believable to me

Gruden made shit moves before Mayock came around. Whether that was him and McKenzie allowed it, I don't know but they were bad personal.moves. Like giving up a 3rd round pick for that troubled WR whose name I forget. He didn't last 1 season. Signed Trent Richardson who continued to suck.
                  Signing old vets that don't work out like The Ex Chiefs LB Derek Johnson & Bruce Irvin.
                  I'm sure Incognito was a Gruden suggestion too and he hasn't played but a couple games since last season. While in Tampa Bay Gruden at one time I think had 5 QBs lol.

Not a secret he likes QBs and Mayock has mentioned that before while the Raiders GM. Mayock has talked about their drafts and how Gruden wanted to snap up Jacobs early and Mayock had to talk him down by telling him to be patient. Among other tidbits.
                  But they did whether it's Mayock or not, drafted Leatherwood too early.
                  I was just going off the picks he made of Carr, Mack, Cooper and others. And they were 12-4 and over achieved under him when he hired Del RIo. He inherited a team full of old players, past their prime and overpaid (think a well past his prime Richard Seymour) and hired Dennis Allen,which was a mistake. But he seemed (to me) to be turning things around when he got Del Rio. McKenzie only lasted one year with Ol’Gruden and Gruden did, in fact, hire his own scouts and pro personnel and work around/ignore McKenzie.

Hey, regardless, I am happy with the downward trajectory of the team we all hate. And I always liked Mayock until he took this job.

TG

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Thank the stars they canned McKenzie or the Raiders might be a force to be reckoned with right about now.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I am so disappointed in you Chuckie.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I was just going off the picks he made of Carr, Mack, Cooper and others. And they were 12-4 and over achieved under him when he hired Del RIo. He inherited a team full of old players, past their prime and overpaid (think a well past his prime Richard Seymour) and hired Dennis Allen,which was a mistake. But he seemed (to me) to be turning things around when he got Del Rio. McKenzie only lasted one year with Ol’Gruden and Gruden did, in fact, hire his own scouts and pro personnel and work around/ignore McKenzie.

Hey, regardless, I am happy with the downward trajectory of the team we all hate. And I always liked Mayock until he took this job.

TG
                        Hey I'm happy Gruden is there. He is over rated as a HC and have only done so so drafting. McKenzie drafted some good players but he was always drafting early.
                        Had 1 good year and back to sucking.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          I am so disappointed in you Chuckie.
                          He said "rubber lips" (is what he explained) means someone who is a liar. Idk

We are pussies now here in America. Can't say nothing while they still call each other the N word. Just don't get it, is it a bad word or not?:dunno:

Comment

Working...
                          X