• Show
Clear All
  • Tol
    From Accounting
    • Mar 2019
    • Carlsbad
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Staley plays a light box so he can defend the pass and prevent big plays. He forces the other team to drive with short passes and running the ball.

Team is currently the 7th best scoring defense.
    Allowing 18pts a game.

They allowed only 7pts the entire 2nd half vs Wash And allowed only 6pts the entire 2nd half vs Dallas.

The offense is currently 26th best.
    Scoring 18.5pts per game.

The problems are on the offensive side.
    They have 4 turnovers already.

Chargers have had 10 redzone chances.
    TD on 3 of 10 for 30% success

Opponent 5 redzone chances.
    TD on 3 of 5 for 60% success.

If Chargers can continue to give themselves twice as many redzone chances as the opponent as a trend and then start to cash in closer to 50% and also limit opponent to about 50%, then they will be able to get a nice winning streak going.
    A LOT of good info there. Thanks!

Even though they are bad against the run, the defense is doing a good job. In Staley's defensive vision I trust.

The offense is good enough to get to the red zone twice as much as our last 2 opponents. Just gotta clean up the penalties and finish.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      I do not agree that Cook more or less tackled the DE.

While Cook was blocking him our RB came over and hit the DE from the side which made it look like Cook twisted him down when he went down from the hit from the RB.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-20-2021, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I do not agree that Cook more or less tackled the DE.

While Cook was blocking him our RB came over and hit the DE from the side which made it look like Cook twisted him down when he went down from the got from the RB.
        I thought he tackled him, I even checked and said they should move him to defense.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I thought he tackled him, I even checked and said they should move him to defense.
          Maybe he could give K-9 and 99 a lesson about wrapping up around running backs. Ouch! LOL!
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wonder if he's still banged up from that earlier injury...
            He actually showed a bit later in the game but man he was getting handled and taking really bad angles.

Honestly I would like to see JH break containment and get mobile a bit more. I think he throws dimes on the run.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              We should call up Merrill for duty on run downs and only put Tillery in for third down.

Nas had a nice turn around - was it Staleys' comments?

Time to try someone else on kick returns? We have a couple of guys on the PT that can do that job.
              Good idea with Merrill as an early down player. Tillery just isn’t doing the job.
              I think acquiring a PR/KR that is a WR5/6 or RB3/4 will be a priority next offseason.
              There are several in this upcoming draft class and I like B. Pringle from the Chiefs in FA combined with still drafting another guy or two on day 3.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

He actually showed a bit later in the game but man he was getting handled and taking really bad angles.

Honestly I would like to see JH break containment and get mobile a bit more. I think he throws dimes on the run.
                They do need to play more to JH's strengths. His mobility is a big asset. Herbert's very accurate during roll outs, and he can gain some serious yardage running if the throw's not there.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

They do need to play more to JH's strengths. His mobility is a big asset. Herbert's very accurate during roll outs, and he can gain some serious yardage running if the throw's not there.
                  I think this is all coming in time, I think Staley/Lonbardi have an intentional plan to develop JH from the pocket as best as possible before cutting him loose.
                  basically the opposite of the lamar jackson plan haha
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Best Description of what really happened in the cowboys win over the Chargers...straight from the Cowboy's camp. Just watch the first third of this video! In a nutshell....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• AZBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

[QUOTE=Critty;n1246535]

Staley plays a light box so he can defend the pass and prevent big plays. He forces the other team to drive with short passes and running the ball.

Team is currently the 7th best scoring defense.
                      Allowing 18pts a game.

They allowed only 7pts the entire 2nd half vs Wash And allowed only 6pts the entire 2nd half vs Dallas.

The offense is currently 26th best.
                      Scoring 18.5pts per game.

The problems are on the offensive side.
                      They have 4 turnovers already.

Chargers have had 10 redzone chances.
                      TD on 3 of 10 for 30% success

Opponent 5 redzone chances.
                      TD on 3 of 5 for 60% success.

If Chargers can continue to give themselves twice as many redzone chances as the opponent as a trend and then start to cash in closer to 50% and also limit opponent to about 50%, then they will be able to get a nice winning streak going.

Critty

Yes, the deterioration from last yr surpriseingly on the O side

1) failure to score in the red zone
                      2) lack of deep pass routes to take advantage of Herberts strong and accurate arm
                      3) an incompetent stiff LT replacement......Scofield would be an upgrade..Geeeez, Norton is terrible.

of course we will give the coaching staff more time but it's been substandard so far.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

I’m on to KC but first a couple of shout outs:

Asante Samuel jr and Nas Adderley played great games. Asante didn’t look like a rookie out there and made some big plays. Adderley was one of the best tacklers on the field and had to make a lot of open field tackles. Before the Fackrell forced fumble he nearly picked Dak off in the end zone on an acrobatic play.

Derwin James had a great second half.

Defense gave up 6 points after the first quarter.

mike Williams had a great game.

flip side:
                        keenan made some plays but also some killer mistakes. We need more from him. Stupid taunting penalty and false start. Slips quite a bit

can’t say enough about how Storm Norton got abused. It was an every play thing. He was dominated.

Comment

• AZBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Not really. KJ Hill caught a punt at the 2. He's the guy we kept for ST. That was a bonehead play. Ty long almost got murdered on the 1 punt. Got the roughing call but it was close to being blocked. Viz missed a makeable fg at the end of the half that would have tied the score at half 14-14. Would have been nice to have those 3 points. He nearly missed the next one to tie it. I hear people saying the kicks were under pressure but that's what Mr. Swinton was supposed to correct.
                          ^This.......chargers special teams are still bad and wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 games lost if coaches don't fix this pronto.

Comment

Working...
                          X