• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

bottom line, is if you cannot stop the run, the other team will control games, field position and the score...... only fumbles and other fluke plays can save you...... temporarily

Question is is the reason we cannot stop the run, design? or lack of that kind of talent??
    I watched us stop the run, sure Dallas moved the ball but we had our fair share of short yardage stops. They scored 20 points, it’s not like they ran up and down the field on us.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
      • Defense was good enough to keep us in the game.
      • Defense is still soft against the run.
      • Tackling (I'm looking at you K9) needs improvement.
      • Offense has the capability to be real good!
      • Need a leader to step up and correct the easy stuff... taunting, illegal motion, etc.
      • Need coaches to coach. MUST DO BETTER IN THE REDZONE.
      • Herbo needs to make better decisions in the RZ.

2nd interception happened because Keenan slips otherwise it would be a TD instead. Such a vintage Charger moment.

Comment

• Biggestfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

bottom line, is if you cannot stop the run, the other team will control games, field position and the score...... only fumbles and other fluke plays can save you...... temporarily

Question is is the reason we cannot stop the run, design? or lack of that kind of talent??
        Personell is the issue. At least on the defensive line I don't see any real upgrades

Comment

• ScotttheRock
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

I think this team is loaded with talent but I'm just not sold on these coaches yet. The players seem to be undisciplined and out of position. I think we may win on talent alone. Don't like the schemes so far on both sides. Just nothing scary about this team so far. The Defense is simply good but not great or scary. Same with the O. Going to be long season I think.

Comment

• ducasse
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Chargers lost this game because they didn't make plays when it mattered. Typical Chargers. They're just not that good.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You can believe that shit if you want but i dont think betting has anything to do with the outcome.
              People used to say that same stuff with basketball.
              And then a veteran ref was caught shaving points.
              I don't think the league is involved. But individual refs could be.
              If you don't think big time money making is a motivating factor for unethical behavior, then I guess you live in a world where people don't take advantage of their power. Call by refs are very subjective and they have enough power to influence the scoreboard a point up or down. Whether they are actually doing it or not would have to be proved.
              But, can they? Yes 100%
              Has no NFL ref has ever shaved points in NFL in history of the game?
              Former Commissioner Tagliabue in an Interview this April admitted he was worried about the possibility of point shaving in NFL. Why would he be worried?
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                Chargers game started at 2.5 and was bet up to 3.
                Meaning the books lose if Chargers win by 4.
                A Chargers 3 pt win is okay. But that TD would have put them up 21-17 and refs said nope, we can't let you do that.
                This guy gets it.Billionaires leave nothing to chance.Sucks I know.

Comment

• I have been say often this whole time. Staley is unproven. He had AAron Donald with the Rams to get his ranking up there. This is the worst defense I have seen in awhile. Gus Bradly defense and scheme was way better....pitiful coaching.

Do we want a team where every game comes down to the team who last has the ball? Thats what Staley will give us.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

The Charger D gave up 6 points in the 2nd half. They gave up some big runs, but also made some stops.
                    You can win with that performance against a good offense.

The Charger special teams were okay.

The Charger offense was dreadful.

In the redzone, they had no clue what might work. Stop throwing it up to Mike Williams 33 % of the time.

Comment

• Tol
                      From Accounting
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Carlsbad
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      2nd interception happened because Keenan slips otherwise it would be a TD instead. Such a vintage Charger moment.
                      Throwing it over the middle is risky, you better be wide open.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post
                        I have been say often this whole time. Staley is unproven. He had AAron Donald with the Rams to get his ranking up there. This is the worst defense I have seen in awhile. Gus Bradly defense and scheme was way better....pitiful coaching.

Do we want a team where every game comes down to the team who last has the ball? Thats what Staley will give us.
                        Defence played well after 1st qtr.
                        We lost on

- penalties
                        - offensive play calling in RZ.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ducasse View Post
                          Chargers lost this game because they didn't make plays when it mattered. Typical Chargers. They're just not that good.
                          Except the did and they were taken away, I mean you can’t make more of a play than a touchdown only to have to ripped away twice by phantom calls. This is the nfl teams are too good to be asked to do it again after executing. Sorry chargers made the plays and the nfl needed the cowboys to win.

Comment

Working...
                          X