• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biggestfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Someone put up a video of someone going over the Charger run D against Washington.

The Charger D gave up 6 points in the 2nd half. They gave up some big runs, but also made some stops.
    You can win with that performance against a good offense.

The Charger special teams were okay.

The Charger offense was dreadful.

In the redzone, they had no clue what might work. Stop throwing it up to Mike Williams 33 % of the time.
    Run the damn ball in the red zone. They had it at the 7 on their last series. Run it

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Throwing it over the middle is risky, you better be wide open.
      It’s a timing pattern that was actually great had Kennan not lost his footing and slipped.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post
        I have been say often this whole time. Staley is unproven. He had AAron Donald with the Rams to get his ranking up there. This is the worst defense I have seen in awhile. Gus Bradly defense and scheme was way better....pitiful coaching.

Do we want a team where every game comes down to the team who last has the ball? Thats what Staley will give us.
        I was not happy with how they didn't give Norton help more often. On the 42 yard pass, Herbert had time and found Allen. Thats on STaley and Lombardi to give NOrton protection

But those two calls in the red zone -- first Cook than Herbert . Those were worth 4 points.

Comment

• benoknudson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Idaho
          • Send PM

Terrible loss. Refs were bad late. Chargers made way too many mistakes. If anyone wants to forget about it by playing madden, sign up for drop in gaming on dropingaming.com using referral code Ben. I'm a broke college student and massive chargers fan. You can play custom tournaments for money! Please consider it literally pays my rent. Thank you

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

Some preseason reps for starters would’ve helped with these timing issues and chemistry problems in the red zone.
            Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
            - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
            - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
            - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
            - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
            - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
            - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Biggestfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I have been say often this whole time. Staley is unproven. He had AAron Donald with the Rams to get his ranking up there. This is the worst defense I have seen in awhile. Gus Bradly defense and scheme was way better....pitiful coaching.

Do we want a team where every game comes down to the team who last has the ball? Thats what Staley will give us.
              We have to start looking too at the front office. This team did not get better on the defensive line. The defense consistently loses in the trenches

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Someone put up a video of someone going over the Charger run D against Washington.

The Charger D gave up 6 points in the 2nd half. They gave up some big runs, but also made some stops.

In the redzone, they had no clue what might work. Stop throwing it up to Mike Williams 33 % of the time.
                agreed, throw it to Jared cook for a td or something!!! Oh wait they did and the refs made up a penalty to take it away. Coool

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Staley’s defense last season with the Rams also didn’t start picking up until a few games into the season. Aaron Donald is a great player but he’s not the entire defense. It’s why the Ram’s D performed better as a unit under Staley than they did with Wade the season before. Give it some time. Despite all the personnel issues on defense we still held Dallas to only 20 points. Things will progress.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I still like running the ball more in the red zone. The Chargers had second and 6 before the Herbert INT - I know Allen fell down but why not run it to possibly make it short yardage. The first and goal play, where I still am not sure Cook wasn't set - why not run the ball to see if you can score. So much has to go right in the red zone with the teams and players condensed in a small area.

I think Lombardi was good week 1 - but he didn't adapt well today. I think he thought with Gregory and Lawrence out - we can block with 5

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Throwing it over the middle is risky, you better be wide open.
                      You also need to be able to make those tight window throws. It’s very rare for someone to be wide open.

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

I'm just going to take it easy... this team is a work in progress... losses like this are good for the team.

The team lost because of the penalties and this is something we need to work on, let the men (coaches) do their work.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I watched us stop the run, sure Dallas moved the ball but we had our fair share of short yardage stops. They scored 20 points, it’s not like they ran up and down the field on us.
                          disagree...... they ripped off alot of long runs(7, 8, 10+)...... we didn't really slow them down until field got smaller.... they could run whenwvwr they wanted to..... penalties were the only thing that stopped their running game.....

this defense is nothing like those Seau led defenses that flat our stuffed the run.......

Comment

Working...
                          X