Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm not going to be real patient with the alleged Wunderkid. I was not a big fan of Lynn. But when you dump a coach who won four straight to end a season, including three wins over division rivals, who had an overall winning record for your franchise, won a playoff game, and who developed a rookie QB to a record-breaking season, and you replace him with a coach who is supposed to be some sort of super genius, but is new to the NFL and has one year as a coordinator, forgive me, but I do expect to see an immediate upgrade. I don't see it yet, do you?
    No, but I’m not the one who is overreacting.
    We will have ups and downs for several games.
    Clutching your pearls this early is going to lead to HPB.
    No one is happy with the sloppy, very undisciplined, penalty ridden play at times.
    It took a several games before Staley’s D was playing lights out in 2020. I expect the same here. Year 3+ I will not give Staley the same leeway as he’ll have had time to ingrain his culture and systems.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

To all of my forum friends who are calling me out for my display of pessimism this morning. You are right. I hear you. Most of you know I was a fan of T. Johnson and I am still having a hard time processing his release, and when I see the offense not performing as well through two games this season as it did the final four games of last season, it's difficult. At the end of the day, I do like Staley and want him to succeed. I pledge to be more patient and stop complaining, and give him and his staff more time to develop this team.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

To all of my forum friends who are calling me out for my display of pessimism this morning. You are right. I hear you. Most of you know I was a fan of T. Johnson and I am still having a hard time processing his release, and when I see the offense not performing as well through two games this season as it did the final four games of last season, it's difficult. At the end of the day, I do like Staley and want him to succeed. I pledge to be more patient and stop complaining, and give him and his staff more time to develop this team.
        Good man!

If things aren’t going way more effectively by mid season the pitchforks will start to gain a ton of momentum.
        I expect a strong last 10+ games, a playoff berth, and a run this season.
        I expect a SB Win by 2024.

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I’ll post this again but Staley’s defense with the Rams didn’t really gel until after the week 3 loss to the Bills.
          https://theathletic.com/2767658/2021...on-of-the-nfl/

That second week, Staley’s defense was also a little different. Throughout each week, McVay offered his input to Staley and the defensive coaches from an offensive perspective, even as he troubleshot his own new defense. The defense would even continue to change well into the season — not limited to game-planned adjustments week over week, as dictated by the opponent — but begin to express itself more fully first after a loss to the Bills in Week 3, and then down the stretch of the regular season, during which it held opponents to an average of 17.3 points per game.
          Last edited by Xenos; 09-20-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Just remember that explosive passing plays aren’t the problem right now. The issue right now is discipline and red zone offense.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Just remember that explosive passing plays aren’t the problem right now. The issue right now is discipline and red zone offense.
              Red zone offense for sure! Leaving points on the field and not getting them on the board.

Comment

• Nunc Coepi
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2020
                • Send PM

Here's something to consider. If the Cowboys had lost yesterday, their record would be 0-2. That would be bad. An NFL favorite would be starting the new season as serious losers.

It was fortunate for the Cowboys that their schedule pit them against the Chargers. The Chargers are expendable. Not very many people care whether the Chargers win or lose. Many of their former fans actually prefer to see them lose. There was no way that the NFL was going to let one of their best products, the Cowboys, to be seriously damaged by a team like the Chargers.

The referees don't have to be told what to do in a case like this. They already know what to do without instructions. They know what the vast majority of fans want, and they know what their employer wants. They want to see America's Team triumphant.

I've seen this crap for years. Since the Tuck Rule, it's gotten worse every year.

Here's something else to consider. If the Chargers had been playing Cincinnati or Jacksonville would the referees have tried as hard to overturn a Charger victory?

I don't watch football anymore because of these realities

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

I liked Johnson a lot and good post Velo.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    The Precious
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Pretty sure Ninja was a Johnson fan too but apparently he has a much easier time moving on that heartless bastard.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Pretty sure Ninja was a Johnson fan too but apparently he has a much easier time moving on that heartless bastard.
                      So very very true! All of it.
                      I have my player crushes like anyone else.
                      I’ve become less attached to things the older I get.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I do not have plans to watch MNF this evening but is there any chance in hell the Lions will beat the 0-1 Green Bay Packers in Lambeau field. I would say "no chance". A-A-Ron will get every call in the book tonight. I am guessing Detroit gets at least one roughing the passer; a couple critical holds on offense if they have a big play and on defense, a combination of 3 DPI calls (illegal contact, defensive holding or DPI)
                        Sounds like a home brewing in the making :biggrin:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

So very very true! All of it.
                          I have my player crushes like anyone else.
                          I’ve become less attached to things the older I get.
                          I was in elementary school when I woke up to read the Union Tribune that Joe Washington was traded for Lydell Mitchell

its been an evolving process - so many years, like over 40, but like you, I am less attached to players since that morning... but there are some players i get more attached to than others
                          Tyron Johnson was not on the list of players to get "attached too"

Comment

Working...
                          X